shape
carat
color
clarity

How much to bezel set a diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
Hello, I was wondering approx. how much it cost to bezel set a diamond into a ring? I already have the setting; it just needs to be set. I got a quote today for $175 and thought that was a bit pricey. Thanks for your help in advance!!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
$175 does not sound all that pricey, if the person doing the work is very good.

Remember, a poorly done bezel is not only bad looking- it also leaves your diamond at risk of falling out.
Although a bezel seems more secure than prongs, that's not necessarily the case.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 4:13:20 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
$175 does not sound all that pricey, if the person doing the work is very good.

Remember, a poorly done bezel is not only bad looking- it also leaves your diamond at risk of falling our.

Although a bezel seems more secure than prongs, that''s not necessarily the case.

Agreed. A bezel is something you want done RIGHT.

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I was in the right price range! This lady has her own jewelry store and does custom pieces. She is a certified silversmith, goldsmith, and platinumsmith as well as a Graduate Gemologist (GIA) and Certified Gemologist (AGS).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve had mine set for less; remember that it also depends on where you are located too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results