shape
carat
color
clarity

How much time to do hair/makeup day of wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m trying to work a timeline and realize I don''t know how long it''ll take for hair and makeup. I will be having someone come to me so travel is not a factor. So......1 hour....2 hours...more?

All hair, makeup, and getting dressed on everyone''s part will need to be done by 2:30pm (we leave to take pre-ceremony pics). Ceremony is at 5pm. Reception in same place at 6pm.

What''s the best way to plan for hair and makeup? Can they be done at the same time seeing as though I''ll have two diff people doing it? If not, how long should they take one after the other?

Right now, I am figuring I can get ready (meaning...hair, makeup, and dressing) within 2.5 hours. Is this enough time? How long did it take for similar situations where hair and makeup came to YOU and you had it all done at once?

Thank you!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got there at noon. There were two hairdressers doing 3 girls each (my mom, MIL and myself included). Also a makeup artist for my mom, MIL, sister, and myself. We left around 3:00. Went to the CC. Dressed and began taking pictures at
4:30. Ceremony started at 5:30

ETA: Around 3 hours for hair & make-up.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some makeup artists work faster than others. Really hard to say, but I would allow at least one hour on makeup and one on hair, esp if you are doing an updo or have long hair. My hair takes 30 to 40 minutes for a blowout with someone who knows my hair well. Make up can be slow if the person is very detail oriented and you are having individual lashes done...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ps...after you are shampooed, the makeup person might be able to do some things while you are being styled, but you may be moved around too much for any detail work like liner. I think you might have to do your makeup after the hair is done.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s best for you to ask your stylists since they''ve been doing it for a long time and would know how long they need. I told my stylist that I needed to be done before 9:00am and she planned out a timeline for hair and makeup for me, my mom, my sister and two BMs. We ended up starting at 5:30am and was done by 8:30am. So it took 3 hrs.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
i had two stylist, myself, 3 bm and two moms getting hair and makeup and it was an all day ordeal. We started at 11 and finished around 3:45! Took longer than expected, we should have started earlier!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 1:34:18 AM
Author: qtiekiki
I think it''s best for you to ask your stylists since they''ve been doing it for a long time and would know how long they need. I told my stylist that I needed to be done before 9:00am and she planned out a timeline for hair and makeup for me, my mom, my sister and two BMs. We ended up starting at 5:30am and was done by 8:30am. So it took 3 hrs.

You had to get up at that hour on your wedding day?! I am so not a morning person, I would be dead on my feet by dinner!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 1:34:18 AM
Author: qtiekiki

Our wedding starts at 11am so I think I''ll have to do the early morning thing as well. I hope not as early as 5:30, but we will see.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I am totally not a morning person too, but I was too anxious and excited to sleep the night before. Actually I was so happy and on an adrenaline for the whole day. I wasn''t tired til 12am when we got home from our reception.

BTW I have two stylists (one main stylist and her assistant stylist). The main stylist did my hair and makeup, and they split up the hair and makeup of the rest of the party.

Date: 12/1/2006 10:52:03 PM
Author:So_happy
I''m trying to work a timeline and realize I don''t know how long it''ll take for hair and makeup. I will be having someone come to me so travel is not a factor. So......1 hour....2 hours...more?

All hair, makeup, and getting dressed on everyone''s part will need to be done by 2:30pm (we leave to take pre-ceremony pics). Ceremony is at 5pm. Reception in same place at 6pm.

What''s the best way to plan for hair and makeup? Can they be done at the same time seeing as though I''ll have two diff people doing it? If not, how long should they take one after the other?

Right now, I am figuring I can get ready (meaning...hair, makeup, and dressing) within 2.5 hours. Is this enough time? How long did it take for similar situations where hair and makeup came to YOU and you had it all done at once?

Thank you!
I think it''s best to have one after the other instead of having both the hair and makeup person work on you at the same time. You should get your hair done first, and then makeup.

My stylist set up our schedule as follow:

Main stylist
My hair
Mom hair
Sister hair
Sister makeup
My makeup

Assistant stylist
BM 1 hair
BM 1 makeup
Mom makeup
BM 2 hair
BM 2 makeup

It took about 30-45 min for hair depending on the style and about 30 min for makeup. She did my hair first and makeup last, so I have time in between to have breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results