shape
carat
color
clarity

How much should I expect to pay? Want princess cut....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carats

Shiny_Rock
I''m thinking of a princess cut (a little over 2 carats?) and would like to put it in a nice three stone setting. How much should I expect to pay and how can I minimize the costs? I know I can compromise on color/clarity (and as long as it looks eye clean and white, i''m fine). I just want to maximize my stone for dollars. How much can I expect to negotiate a seller down?

If anyone could share their stories, their stones and pricings, and experiences for this type of ring, I''d really appreciate it. Thanks!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/17/2007 10:45:01 AM
Author:Carats
I''m thinking of a princess cut (a little over 2 carats?) and would like to put it in a nice three stone setting. How much should I expect to pay and how can I minimize the costs? I know I can compromise on color/clarity (and as long as it looks eye clean and white, i''m fine). I just want to maximize my stone for dollars. How much can I expect to negotiate a seller down?

If anyone could share their stories, their stones and pricings, and experiences for this type of ring, I''d really appreciate it. Thanks!
The more you compromise..., the more you minimize your costs... (as long as you are dealing with a reputable jeweler...
H-I colors are considered on the border of colorless and tinted! But it is judged on a stone per stone basis.
SI1-2 could also fall into the eyeclean category... (also on a stone per stone basis!)

Negotiations depend greatly on who you are dealing with..., but the higher the quality and the bigger the Diamond the firmer the Jeweler will be.

You have a good chance getting a great deal on a Diamond you would not want..., so be carefull!!!

There are plenty of great threads to read on the subject on PS..., I suggest for you to spend the time and educate yourself prior to purchasing...

Carats

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I realize all of that, I was just wondering what peoples personal experiences were. You see a lot of beautiful rings on this site but w/o prices, so i''m just wondering...on bluenile they had them for about 8k and when i did a price search on pricescope it was more expensive...

Carats

Shiny_Rock
Well i like other cuts as well, but i think** that w princess you get most for your money. like i love emerald cut, but w those you have to up the clarity and color....am i wrong about this?

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2726/ $14,857 for an H color SI-1

but in a stone that large they tend to show more color (especially more so in a princess than a round) so you might want to go with a G which would probably run you 2-3k more

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 2:03:29 PM
Author: Carats
Well i like other cuts as well, but i think** that w princess you get most for your money. like i love emerald cut, but w those you have to up the clarity and color....am i wrong about this?
Princess is cheaper per carat than a round with the same specs, but a well-cut round of the same size will tend to look larger and as I mentioned earlier show less color. Fancier cuts in general do tend to show off more color.

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 2:43:58 PM
Author: the other Jake
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2726/ $14,857 for an H color SI-1

but in a stone that large they tend to show more color (especially more so in a princess than a round) so you might want to go with a G which would probably run you 2-3k more

I'm no expert, but I don't love the IS image on that GOG princess. Look for G/H, eye-clean SI1. With an H color, medium flourescence would help the stone face up white.

$8k for a 2ct princess? not pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results