shape
carat
color
clarity

How much of tomorrow's debate will you watch?

How much of tomorrow's debate will you watch?

• 1 None of it

Votes: 8 24.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.0%

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • 10 All of it

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Round 2 of Trump vs. Clinton.

I'm very curious what she'll say about his revolting video.
She may take the high road and say nothing.
Actually, that may work better for her.

She doesn't really need to say anything.
He's already shot himself in the foot in his mouth.

Also, I'm curious how she'll respond if Trump brings up Bill's cheating and alleged potty mouth.

While initially seeming simple (equality is all that matters) I see both of these topics as complex and nuanced minefields.
America is finally shaking deeply-rooted ideas about men and women and they are NOT equal.
Happily, times are changing.

But Clinton needs to get elected by an America that's not there yet.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None of it! It will just be a repeat of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nQGBZQrtT0

She doesn't have to say a word. She can just bask in the neon glow of his total idiocy!

ETA: (Seriously, is there anyone better than Alec Baldwin to satirize DT? I think not!)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will Trump show up tomorrow? :wacko:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for watching half of it. That may be ambitious, but I'm going to try. I'll be watching it at a pub, so there will be plenty of anesthetic if necessary.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1475966217|4084885 said:

Sure he will! And this is how seriously he'll be taken:

machomanrandysavage.jpeg

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
We're on vacation in Finger Lakes now so we're all pumped to watch them "in America."

Will bars be showing it like a hockey game? If not we might need to order a pizza and have a night of gluttony in the hotel room.

Yes this is entertaining to us.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of it. I'm in it for the long haul.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1475966749|4084889 said:

I'm also watching the whole debate. That picture sums it up perfectly Monnie!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to watch the entire excruciating experience. :cry:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
If it was up to me I'd watch none, but my husband will likely have it on, so unless I go read in the other room, I'll be forced to listen to the same old nonsense.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably none, at least not real-time. I'll be attending a fund raiser that some friends are hosting for an medical clinic on the Thailand/Myanmar border. Then again, pretty much all of the attendees are very tuned in politically, so they might have a TV on in one room... which would save me some time catching up on the debate after I get home! :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1475972171|4084911 said:
monarch64|1475966749|4084889 said:

I'm also watching the whole debate. That picture sums it up perfectly Monnie!!!

Step into a slim wall!!! :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless someone interrupts me (which happens far too often in this household), I will be absolutely glued to the television for the entire debate.

AGBF

_38414.jpg

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Elliot86|1475971679|4084908 said:
All of it. I'm in it for the long haul.

As am I. Then I look forward to Rachel Maddow slice dice and dissect it.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be watching all of it.

It's the most interested I've been in any campaign.

I don't think I've ever been this scared before. :/

It's also prompted me to educate myself more on certain topics. And I need to do so much more. That's why I love these threads even if I don't participate.

Thought you'd all find this interesting, if you didn't already know about it.

https://benghazi.house.gov/NewInfo

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1476031986|4085076 said:

Please do not think that the report to which you provided a link is some sort of universally accepted, official report on the event, CJ. This is a biased, Republican report and the 1,000th investigation of the event the Republicans did at taxpayer expense to hound Secretary Clinton. It has been highly criticized. Please see the link I reported.

Link...http://www.npr.org/2016/06/28/483890268/select-committee-on-benghazi-releases-final-report

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1476033342|4085085 said:
CJ2008|1476031986|4085076 said:

Please do not think that the report to which you provided a link is some sort of universally accepted, official report on the event, CJ. This is a biased, Republican report and the 1,000th investigation of the event the Republicans did at taxpayer expense to hound Secretary Clinton. It has been highly criticized. Please see the link I reported.

Link...http://www.npr.org/2016/06/28/483890268/select-committee-on-benghazi-releases-final-report

AGBF

Hopefully nothing like this tragedy in Benghazi happens again and that both the state dept. and dept of defense will ensure that our men and women in similar circumstances in the future will not suffer the same fate.

This view from the first link troubles me deeply:

Rep. Lynn Westmoreland

One of the most concerning parts of the State Department’s policy in Libya was its reliance upon the militias of an unstable nation to protect our men and women in Benghazi. These were by no means forces that could adequately protect Americans on the ground, and the State Department knew it. But the appearance of no boots on the ground was more important to the administration.”

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. I see.

Thanks for that information and link AGBF.

So what can we use to form an opinion, or become better educated?

I think this is why sometimes I get paralyzed and stop trying to understand. How do you know what to trust? How do you know what's truth?

That goes for so many things.

(sorry kenny I know this is getting off topic. I can "move" my comment to a new thread if it seems other people want to discuss it more)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, I'm fine with threads just going wherever they go.
No problem. :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"The New York Times" on-line has a headline saying, "Defiant Trump Attacks Republican Leaders Before Debate" in large, bolded letters. Radio show hosts and newspaper columnists had been speculating right through today on whether Donald Trump would deliver the "heartfelt apology" that most people felt Republican leaders like Mitch McConnell demand of him if he wants their continued support. Instead, by this evening, "The Times" is reporting that he has been attacking them with tweets and is almost certainly planning to attack Bill Clinton (Bill Clinton?) at tonight's debate. Yes, that is, bizarre.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/us/politics/presidential-debate.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-abc-region&region=span-abc-region&WT.nav=span-abc-region

AGBF

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between here, twitter, facebook, and probably my mom :lol: I'll get enough updates.

I had heard it would be town hall style debate, which might end up being more of the same. but well see what headlines will bring out of this.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. The moderators are kicking butt.

Although I do admit, the woman seems to interrupt only Trump. But I'm not sure if that's because he goes over time more.

She just said "Mr. Trump, let me repeat the question." :lol: :appl:

(I missed the first 20 minutes though :/)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re-sniggering their oil..??? Huh??

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From a tax accountant:

WHAT THE HECK IS HE TALKING ABOUT??!

"Her friends are taking big deductions on contributions to her." And he mentions Warren Buffet.

OMG. That is just the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Political contributions are NOT deductible. And Warren Buffet would have the biggest firms preparing his returns, and they would never take a deduction on political contributions.

And why is he talking about carried interest? OMG. That applies to such a tiny little group. OMG.

He never answers a question. Keeps talking about knowing her friends. :roll: OMG. He is just not showing any intelligence.

And again doesn't answer the question. What is he going to do about the humanitarian crisis in Syria?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched a large amount of it, curiously enough it was played on a number of TV channels here in Australia, as I've said before this election is like a car crash the whole world is paused and watching, you know it isn't pretty and you don't really want to look, but you can't help but watch it anyway.

No doubt Trump supporters will say he won and Hillary's supporters will say she won.....

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1476066734|4085195 said:
Re-sniggering their oil..??? Huh??

Dang tablet. I meant to type re-jiggering. Either way, huh???

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two things matter, content and appearance ... aka image vs. substance.

Content/substance matters to voters with a brain.
Appearance/image matters to voters with no brain.

Unfortunately, both are equal in the voting booth. :knockout:

Compared to the first 'debate' Trump did better on appearance, but just as abysmally when it comes to content.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The PSer Dems. are too quiet, so I guess Trump won the debate tonight ?

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1476074153|4085208 said:

It's 1 am. Just watched debate and after debate talk. Some of us work :angel: and must go to bed. But no, IMO he did not win. He went personal. Did not want to talk about issues. Hateful, hateful man.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1476074153|4085208 said:

Actually I thought he was better spoken and better focused this time than he was the first time. That doesn't make his arguments or comments any more rational, his comments any less aggressive, nor does it mean he won the debate. Over here where we are probably more neutral our commentators gave it to her again......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results