Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

How much of the Olympic TV coverage did you watch?

How much of the Olympic TV coverage did you watch?

  • None of it

    Votes: 13 54.2%
  • 1 - 10%

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • 20%

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30%

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40%

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 50%

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 60%

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 70%

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 80%

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 90 - 100%

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    24
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,174
How much of the Olympic TV coverage did you watch?
 

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
13,367
None... but I did participate in a thread by momhappy about the male swimmers appearing naked due to where they place the score banners... does that count? :cheeky:
 

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
18,853
I don't support the ioc and I I had a number of issues with this Olympics so none.

Which is a shame as I love the "Olympic spirit", but the corruption and disregard for the countries and athletes is too much for me anymore.
 

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
684
As much as I could manage to squeeze in. I was pretty much addicted for the last couple of weeks. I'm glad it's over so that I can get back to my normal life, but I was cheering the athletes on from our family room :appl:
 

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
146
I follow gymnastics avidly, so I watched that. I even watched some gymnastics events that weren't broadcast in the US.

My BF made me watch some sailing, some women's beach volleyball, and some women's golf... But without him controlling the remote I wouldn't have watched them.
 

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
10,618
I think I saw less than an hour total.
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,174
Dee*Jay|1471827468|4068459 said:
None... but I did participate in a thread by momhappy about the male swimmers appearing naked due to where they place the score banners... does that count? :cheeky:
HEY! I missed that! ;(
I'm a 'none' too.
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,174
baby monster|1471829899|4068468 said:
None. Don't even have traditional tv/cable/satellite anymore.
So, it's no longer contracted with and broadcasted by one of the big networks, ABC, CBS or NBC?
I'm clueless.
 

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 28, 2012
Messages
1,068
Every little second I could. The swimming, athletics, high jump, pole vault. loved it all. I thought the gymnasts were superb but I grew up in the era of Olga Korbut, Nadia Comaneci. The gymnasts of theis era might not have packed so much into their routines but my goodness they had grace.
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
33,925
None.
 

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2012
Messages
9,518
We had it 24/7 on one of our main networks here, I watched about 10% - mainly events with Aussies that were being broadcast.
 

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
3,808
A ton. I had it on at work, and pretty much only watched that in the evenings. I liked that there was pretty much always something on - they went from early morning to late night.
 

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
2,147
I watched a lot more than I expected to. I'd put on NBC in the morning and just leave it on. So, while I wasn't always sitting in front of the tv, it was playing most of the day.
 

jordyonbass

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Joined
Dec 6, 2014
Messages
1,809
None. I used to know an Olympic dual gold medallist when I was a teen and he kinda destroyed the way I pictured Olympic athletes. Amazingly talented in his sport but needs some coaching and development as a human being :roll:
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
kenny said:
So, it's no longer contracted with and broadcasted by one of the big networks, ABC, CBS or NBC? I'm clueless.
Yes it is. It was on NBC along with all of their networks. But if you don't have cable or an antenna, you wouldn't be able to watch it.
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
I love the Olympics! I was in the hospital so I watched a lot. I love gymnastics, track, and swimming.
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,174
jordyonbass|1471947673|4068913 said:
None. I used to know an Olympic dual gold medallist when I was a teen and he kinda destroyed the way I pictured Olympic athletes. Amazingly talented in his sport but needs some coaching and development as a human being :roll:
Interesting.

I've noticed those who play, or like to watch, sports are usually not likely to be people with whom I care to hang out.

I've got nothing against sports itself.
Barring a couple exceptions, sports just seems to attract people I'm not attracted to.

Personally I am very ANTI-competitive.
I find getting ahead by beating others revolting.
Sure, everyone is not the same, some are better at things, but I'm very into equality.
IOW, you being better at X means nothing, zip, nada, except that you're good at X.
The hero worship and zillion-dollar product endorsements showered onto sports legends is also revolting. :knockout:

As a kid I remember my brother practically jerking off staring at a box of Wheaties cereal with a picture of some sports hero of that moment.
Wheaties is the 'Breakfast of Champions" of course. :roll:
 

jordyonbass

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Joined
Dec 6, 2014
Messages
1,809
kenny|1471988805|4069185 said:
jordyonbass|1471947673|4068913 said:
None. I used to know an Olympic dual gold medallist when I was a teen and he kinda destroyed the way I pictured Olympic athletes. Amazingly talented in his sport but needs some coaching and development as a human being :roll:
Interesting.

I've noticed those who play, or like to watch, sports are usually not likely to be people with whom I care to hang out.

I've got nothing against sports itself.
Barring a couple exceptions, sports just seems to attract people I'm not attracted to.

Personally I am very ANTI-competitive.
I find getting ahead by beating others revolting.
Sure, everyone is not the same, some are better at things, but I'm very into equality.
IOW, you being better at X means nothing, zip, nada, except that you're good at X.
The hero worship and zillion-dollar product endorsements showered onto sports legends is also revolting. :knockout:

As a kid I remember my brother practically jerking off staring at a box of Wheaties cereal with a picture of some sports hero of that moment.
Wheaties is the 'Breakfast of Champions" of course. :roll:
I don't want to elaborate too much on how I knew him in case I give his identity away but I didn't know him via the sport he competed in, we had a common interest which is how we got to know each other (not hard to guess what it probably is lol).

Personally I am not really competitive, I did play Rugby and Soccer growing up but it was more for health and fitness than anything. I couldn't imagine playing either sport anymore, especially Rugby. My body would need a month of recovery :errrr:
I do watch MMA nowadays as I used to train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (again, fitness reasons), most of the time I don't care who wins I just enjoy watching the techniques some guys are able to employ.

I will admit to fishing tournaments but it's more because my father is competitive (used to race motorsport) and he appreciates the relationships he's made with like-minded fishermen in that scene and the knowledge they give him to be a better fisherman and conservationist. So when we get our name called for any kind of award or place I am usually blown away by the thought we did better than many others however I am not so sure he feels the same elation. But it's a bit of a luck and prediction game so nobody begrudges anyone else in that scene when they win.
I'm happy either way just to get out fishing with dad when I can 8)

I think the other point to be made is that while we are equal under the law and should have equal opportunity, we are not necessarily all physically equal and understanding that leads to innovation. The inventor of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a prime example of that as he was physically weak and ill but was able to beat bigger and stronger opponents via adapting techniques where leverage worked in his favour. We learn to overcome those obstacles that others have less trouble with and in a way if that competitive side goes away in humanity then innovation may stop.
 

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
5,635
Hardly any, however, I read about it via my mobile phone version of my daily newspaper subscription.

In 2012, I escaped London and the South West by camping in Scotland for 2 weeks.

DK :))
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top