shape
carat
color
clarity

How much of an age difference is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 6:24:29 PM
Author:BonnyLass
Hi Everyone. I recently met a fantastic guy at the dog park and can''t stop thinking about him. He''s extremely smart, kind, witty. He asked me out recently but I declined on the grounds of our age difference! We still see each other all the time and it isn''t awkward between us. If he lost 20 years I''d be all over him. He''s 54 and I''m 29. What do ya''ll think? My friends would be really shocked!

BonnyLass - Quick story for you.

My parents are 25 yrs apart. Meaning my dad is 25 yrs older than my mom and they have been married 34 yrs. Crazy, I know! In all honesty, my dad doesn''t look like he''s 79 yrs old. I think partly because my mom has kept him young all these years if that makes sense. My parents love each other dearly and I have a total of 5 brothers.

Now my story… I recently started seeing someone that is 11 yrs older than me. I''m 23, he''s 34 and I have more in common with him than I have with anyone else. Not to mention we get a long great. Granted, it''s not serious yet, we are casually dating, but I can definitely see myself with someone like him in the future.

The moral of the story is if you get a long great, then what does it matter?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I haven't had a chance to read all the responses. . .but what makes you happy, but be prepared that many of your friends/family may have strong opinions about your choice!

ETA - like I said, do what makes you happy, but (after reading all the posts), I agree with DF. If I had a daughter (instead of sons), I would be upset if she dated someone her father's age.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
DancingFire, not really...I like them older and wiser
emteeth.gif
25 might be pushing it a bit, but most of the older men I have been attracted to here are in better shape than many of the young guys I know. ETA My dad is 43 years older than me, so maybe that's why they don't seem as "fatherly" to me.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That big of an age difference would bother me, but probably only because I''ve never found myself attracted to someone that much older. If you''re feeling the feelings, I say why not?

Personally, I would find myslef worrying about things too much, like the aging process and having kids with someone who will age much earlier than myself. I think it would bother me a lot. BUT, as others have already pointed out, we''re not even guaranteed tomorrow, and you could miss out on so many years of a wonderful thing by thinking too far ahead. It really only comes down to how YOU feel. Good luck either way!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
my sisterin law is married to a man much older. she was 26 when he turned 50. they get along great and now have 2 babies. i say, if the chemistry is there and neither the man or woman have an issue then no one else should either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results