shape
carat
color
clarity

how much is reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swl

Shiny_Rock
I would like to know what's the general price range for verifying a small diamond (just to see if the number engraved on the diamond matches the cert) at an independent appraiser? would it be a little bit more expensive if the diamond is already set on a ring? is it possible to have it done for free? thanks!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With a loupe and good vision you can read the inscription yourself. If you are using a store, let them show you the inscription with a microscope.
If you want expert work, please expect someone qualified to want to get paid for it. If it is ONLY the reading of an inscription, it won''t cost much and might even get read for free if you are lucky. My experience has been that very few people only want the inscription read, but actually want a consultation on the color, clarity and then the value. One positive answer usually brings on a request for each of the next issues.

For someone with a strong will to have just one piece of the puzzle examined, some of the appraisers will do just that. Many advisers find it not worthwhile or just don''t want to offer incomplete work. I''m sure you can get what you want done on its own if you really want it that way.

swl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 3:18:41 PM
Author: oldminer
With a loupe and good vision you can read the inscription yourself. If you are using a store, let them show you the inscription with a microscope.

If you want expert work, please expect someone qualified to want to get paid for it. If it is ONLY the reading of an inscription, it won't cost much and might even get read for free if you are lucky. My experience has been that very few people only want the inscription read, but actually want a consultation on the color, clarity and then the value. One positive answer usually brings on a request for each of the next issues.

For someone with a strong will to have just one piece of the puzzle examined, some of the appraisers will do just that. Many advisers find it not worthwhile or just don't want to offer incomplete work. I'm sure you can get what you want done on its own if you really want it that way.

Thanks David, since the diamonds were purchased from a reputable online seller with GIA certs, I just wanted to know which diamond goes with which certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results