shape
carat
color
clarity

How much extra is a Lazare worth?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lmartin

Rough_Rock
I was looking at some diamonds in a local store and saw a 3/4 ct. Lazare ideal cut (AGS 0) which looked beautiful but is priced considerably higher then similar stones here on pricescope. How much extra does the Lazare name cost. On a side note, how much do retailers mark up their diamonds? This retailer came down a grand when mentioning how much less the prices were on pricescope. Price is still $500-$700 higher then compareables here (non Lazare) after their discount.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Will you be staying local for awhile?

I haven''t seen a room full of ACA''s etc., and though it''s been a long time, when I did see a store full of Lazares, I was very impressed. So, I''m guessing you''re looking at spending $4600, give or take 1300. To me, especially after you''ve effected the discount, the premium is conscionable. As I''ve recently recommended, if you have the time and attention, you could consider ordering up an online option here, walking in with it, comparing, and ensuring visually for yourself that you''re doing the right thing. Of course, you may prefer the on-line option for the effort, and would save money for having tried. But, on the chance (reasonable?) you''ll like the Lazare as much or more, having paid that premium for a local presence is to me a pretty reasonable value.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since diamonds can''t show a label, I can''t see paying extra for the brand name. But you can get some brand names like A Cut Above (WhiteFlash) or Towlkowsky (GoodOldGold) still probably for less than you found the Lazare.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I was shopping for an ideal cut too and the local store which carries Lazare quoted me a GVS2 which is more than 40% higher than a GIA certified Ex/Ex/Ex in another store.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2006 10:46:57 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Since diamonds can''t show a label, I can''t see paying extra for the brand name. But you can get some brand names like A Cut Above (WhiteFlash) or Towlkowsky (GoodOldGold) still probably for less than you found the Lazare.
Ditto. I used to work in a high end jewelry store that sold Lazare diamonds. They are awesome, but come with a premium. I highly recommend WF, or GOG. I have bought from both vendors. I''d put their stones next to a Lazare any day.
2.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/19/2006 10:07:31 PM
Author:lmartin
I was looking at some diamonds in a local store and saw a 3/4 ct. Lazare ideal cut (AGS 0) which looked beautiful but is priced considerably higher then similar stones here on pricescope. How much extra does the Lazare name cost. On a side note, how much do retailers mark up their diamonds? This retailer came down a grand when mentioning how much less the prices were on pricescope. Price is still $500-$700 higher then compareables here (non Lazare) after their discount.
There is no correct answer for this question.

It depends more on you than it depends on the diamond.

You bring a unique set of standards with you.

eg, what would be a resale value vs I dont care - i will never sell etc etc

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do what I did

"Buy" a PS diamond of similar size, color and clarity to the store diamond you are considering.
Bring it into the store.
See them side by side - the ONLY way to compare!

Bring them to the window, away from those jewelry store lights.
See them under fluorescent light too.

If your prefer the one in the store return the PS stone.
You will only be out the shipping, a pittance compared to the diamond.
(I don't think you will be returning the stone.)
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results