shape
carat
color
clarity

How much does the tooth fairy leave at your house?

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Just put on my wings and left my $ as the tooth fairy. It took forever to find it! I hate doing it, i always think he will wake up! I made the mistake once of not having any cash and had to borrow from the neighbor. :lol: After that i went to the bank and got $20 in $2 bills. He thinks those $2 bills are pretty special. Although tonight he said he was hoping for a big dollar coin. Sorry buddy. So how much does the tooth fairy leave at your house? ;))

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
We never had a tooth fairy when we were growing up. But I just wanted to say, you're such a great mom. Maybe you can make a special "tooth fairy jar" that your son can decorate etc. It'd be way easier to find a jar than a lone tooth under a pillow.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
My DH has this little tooth fairy bear that his grandma made, it's ratty and old but I didn't even hesitate when he asked if we wanted to use it for the girls. It just has this little fabric flap around the tummy that the tooth goes into. http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?search_submit=&q=tooth+fairy+bear&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US there are TONS of really cute ones!

Anyhow, back to the question. The tooth fairy doesn't actually give money at our house. Here she brings a little $5 to $7 toy, usually something they haven't expressed interest in so it doesn't raise suspicions. They're growing up too fast though, I don't know how much longer I can keep it a secret! ;(

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Haven't had to be the tooth fairy yet, but it will probably be a couple of pounds, I suppose.

On the other hand, I have a wisdom tooth growing in that may need to be removed, and I'm hoping that the toothfairy will be in an Old European Cut sort of generous mood that day... :bigsmile:

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
First tooth= $5, a new toothbrush (electric!) and a note.
every other tooth- $1.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I've got a collection of $1 coins that will be left. I thought about the $2 bills but JT's so into "treasure" that I decided to do the big coins instead. I wondered if I was the only one who put this much thought into it! Glad to know I'm not.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not a parent or anything and have never been a tooth fairy but just wanted to add that when I was growing up, the tooth fairy would leave me a couple $1 coins along with a book. I LOVED the books, and I was always so excited for the book whenever I lost a tooth.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to have all but a couple of my teeth pulled as a child, so for pulled teeth the tooth fairy left me $1. The teeth I pulled on my own looted $5. My mom told me that the tooth fairy likes teeth you pull on your own because then she doesn't have to pay part of the big co-pay to the dentist to have them pulled. :cheeky:

The best part, though, were the teeny tiny notes that the tooth fairy used to leave for me. They were about half the size of a business card, and they always had a pretty drawing on them, as well. My favorite was the shortest, because as she told me in her note, the tooth fairy had to run out for a date with her boyfriend Herman, and so she didn't have much time to write.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven, that's so awesome! Your mom is funny!

We didn't get much..50 cents or something? I can't even remember.

London's first tooth netted her a hand made horse dress from Etsy..$28

Her second tooth hasn't gotten anything yet. She has a third one loose so..I better figure something out or I'll have the tooth IRS after me.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is soooo cool you give them $2 bills! I don't see many of those!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, my older son just learned the tooth fairy doesn't exist! He lost FOUR teeth in one month and I admit I forgot to put $ under his pillow after the fourth tooth was lost during sept :oops: lol Somehow that lead to him learning that the tooth fairy isn't real...

But he got different amounts: $5 (first molar), $3, and $3, and then after the forgotten one I gave him $2 plus fun stuff like a dollar coin and some .50 cent pieces.

Usually, though, they get .50 to $1 and/or tic tacs.

My friend had a great idea - 1st tooth = $1.00, 2nd tooth = $2 and up from there! I wish I had done that, but I'd probably have lost track of how many teeth they lost.

Oh, and this is pretty cool - we found a booth that sold little pillows shaped like teeth with a pocket and you put the tooth in the pocket and put that under the pillow. One time I forgot to take the tooth out so my son woke up and found $ and his tooth. lol

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always got silver coins (quarters, dimes) as a child, and that is always what I did for my kids. I just liked the idea of coins more than dollar bills. My kids lost their teeth relatively early, and they actually liked the coins better than dollars for a long time!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I always got $20 per tooth. My teeth have extremely long roots and I had to have about 8 baby teeth (and 4 permanent teeth) pulled so it was kind of traumatic. I guess my parents felt sorry for me. I also need my impacted wisdom teeth cut out... yay.

I'm thinking we'll do maybe $5 per tooth for our kids.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I still have the $2 bills I got from the tooth fairy...I used to get all kinds of stuff, $2 bills, silver dollar coins, kennedy 1/2 dollars, etc...

Interestingly I still have a baby tooth (no permanent tooth under it) and I am wondering what I will get for that one :Up_to_something: :cheeky:

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I once woke up after losing a tooth and had a nickel in a bandaid that I had on my foot. That's sort of gross to think about now - germy money on a wound - but I was so amazed at the time! I bet it wasn't a real cut anyway, considering how kids like to put bandaids on anything.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results