shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do you hate this idea?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And if I mention “snowman”... can you un-see it? Lol.

It’s a 6.2mm, a half carat (5mm?) and a tiny guy. Wondering if I could buy a third stone that matches (the tiny guy doesn’t match- just using for illustrative purposes) and make a decreasing size really cool unique weird three stone ring.

Or maybe it would just be weird. And look like a snowman, haha.

Thoughts? AA3F8321-1F12-48C2-86B5-5FAC9886FF1B.jpeg 3543AEC9-E4B5-46A8-87C2-61E5E1B076B6.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t like that configuration however I don’t dislike the idea of wearing all those diamonds at once- lemme find a photo

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah you guys are right - there is a reason some designs are classic and some are not! I think when my bling ban is over I will buy a Cz three stone ring to see if I like the look. Years ago I made a three stone moissanite ring- but it had a half carat centre- and it didn’t do it for me. But maybe that was just the size, and not the style.

Anyways thanks for indulging me!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1593923083282.jpeg
this is a bad example but you could play with different configurations. 1593923083282.jpeg I don’t think this is the look you are going for... but you would get a bunch of different looks.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if you got more of like a Bario Neal or Mociun it might be more modern

737lizakg

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The fact that they are all round doesn't do it for me. If you had a 6.2 round, then a cushion or even an ec or princess, then a small pear or trillion, that would look more balanced to my eye. But do what YOU want.

I like it! It doesn’t look snowman to me. I think I like the multiple bands, it would look more snowmanesque if there was just one band. Why don’t you try something where the ring is like a collection of 6 suuuuper thin equally spaced out bands, 3 supporting the biggest stone (so the head of the biggest stone is joined to 3 of these bands), 2 supporting the middle stone and 1 supporting the smallest stone?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This seems like a great way to ruin three perfectly good things in one fell swoop. Don’t mind me though; I had a bottle of rose.

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
Or maybe I do a more classic three stone but still orient it N/S? No snowman... 504CB03E-ED50-4F9F-9B95-3726645067D2.jpeg

(Do I kind of wish I bought the high colour bezel studs that were on LT recently... Uhm yep!)
Came here to suggest this, tho without the elaborate setting. Or the two you have, in a toi et moi with a halo on one or both to make them the same size?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I do not like the snowman idea. I think you could do a moi et toi if you like vintage or maybe more modern scattered look.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.