Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8+

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On average, how many drinks do you have per day?

For this poll one drink is:
1 beer
1 shot of hard stuff
1 glass of wine, where one standard 750ml bottle has 4 glasses

Don't let the word daily throw you.
If you never drink M-TH but have 3 on Friday, 3 Saturday and 1 Sunday, your daily average is 1.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I drink socially on occasion, typically 4-5 drinks (since I'm not a small girl) probably 5-6 times a year.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I drink socially on weekends sometimes. When I'm going really hard I'll drink 4-5 glasses of wine on a Friday, or about 10 shots of Tequila (I don't know how I do it) and thats it, if I'm trying to only get a bit buzzed...2-3 glasses of wine or beer. Only 1 drinking day for me currently.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I might drink once a week.... if that...

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Not at all.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
During the school year I drink a glass of wine maybe three nights a week.
However, during major grading periods, I drink a glass of wine every night. Sometimes two.

When I'm not actively teaching I rarely drink.

When I'm on vacation I have at least one drink per day, depending on the location. I probably averaged three drinks a day in Ireland, but only one drink a day in St. John. I don't like to drink too much if it's hot outside.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I rarely, if ever, drink.

Maybe one drink every couple of months? Not a huge fan.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very little. I would say that I've had less than 5 drinks over the past year. I've just never really been that into it. Since I'm petite (and also because I very rarely drink) one drink can get me buzzed, and I enjoy the feeling, but I don't think that I would like being completely drunk.

It also doesn't help that I don't really like the taste of alcohol.

My fiance drinks even less than I do. I can only remember one occasion when he drank even a little bit, and even then he was just sipping his drink.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a wine in the evening kind of guy, one or two glasses.
Since the SO does not drink and wine spoils fast it's usually two glasses two days in a row then a day or two off.

I actually started years ago on my doctor's recommendation.
He said overall in moderation wine, especially red, is good for your heart.
I ain't died yet, so Cheers! :sun:

I look for better wines at bargain basement blowout prices.
Often Big Lots will have wines intended to sell for $30 for only $4.
Unfortunately, I do have to kiss a lot of frogs for every prince.
I've had to pour a couple right down the drain after the first sip.
But, when I find a prince I'll return to the store and buy them out and put it in the basement.
Overall it is a fun safari; plus I've paid $30 for some wines I did not like.

Some varieties and vintages of Trader Joe's 2-Buck Chuck can be a great value - but there also IS that frog-factor. :knockout:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3/4 to 1 glass every evening. With dinner (usually still sipping after)

FI and I drink no more (the two of us combined) than 1/2 bottle of wine per day.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I rarely drink, but I love either a good glass of wine or a great ice cold beer.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I probably have half a drink once a year.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm Scottish, so I may skew your poll. ;)) I like to drink. Wine mostly, but I also enjoy a gin and tonic, whisky, bourbon, port, brandy, pimms, cocktails, champagne, beer, ale, mead, cider, vodka, spiced rum, liqueurs and calvados.

I don't really care for sherry, but obviously it's better than nothing.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't drink at all. I used to in my early-mid 20's, and in hindsight I think I had a problem with...moderation, I guess. Since my father was an alcoholic, I decided to give it up completely. Easier to just not go there, as opposed to worrying if I'm crossing that line.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I like a glass or two of wine a few nights a week. I'm a sucker for red wine while I'm cooking. I swear it makes the food come out tasting better!

My DH is also my personal bartender and makes a pretty mean margarita or daquiri (made like a martini and with real lime juice, no mixers). He makes me cocktails maybe three times a week. I'm spoiled on that front.

I enjoy alcohol in moderation. I've got alcoholism in my immediate family, so I'm very, very aware of how much I consume and the need to pay attention to how much I'm consuming.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I don't like the taste so I never really drink~ save money for the diamond :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 shots every friday night during my BAR exam.what day is today?.. :bigsmile:

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I have a hangover right now, lol. Last night, at the end-of-year bar night, i had probably 6-7 drinks. I have a "heavy night" like that maybe every other month. I have an "unwind cocktail" almost every night (if not every night; rarely do I skip it, but rarely do I have more than one).

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some weeks I will have a glass of wine everynight while watching tv.... others just a glass or two on the weekends, and others I meet up with friends in NYC or Hoboken and lose count of how much I drink! lol, but if we are averaging I would say less than 1 a day to about 1 a day.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1304704813|2914100 said:
I'm Scottish, so I may skew your poll. ;)) I like to drink. Wine mostly, but I also enjoy a gin and tonic, whisky, bourbon, port, brandy, pimms, cocktails, champagne, beer, ale, mead, cider, vodka, spiced rum, liqueurs and calvados.

I don't really care for sherry, but obviously it's better than nothing.

Yeah, some of us have socialital expectations we must live up to. Microbrews are a huge hit in the Northwest so it's mandatory to enjoy the fruits of local culture. lol

I'm super picky about which types of beer I will drink, but do keep in check because my favorites are so expensive. Also, I have kids, so having one after they go to bed is fine but, I try to avoid drinking more than one except on the weekends or if we're with friends OR during the holidays.

I am SUPER picky about what I'll drink. One of my neighbors has a nasty coors light habit. Constantly filling the recyling with cans. It just grosses me out. I should stick a six pack of Redhook in front of his door. ;-)

Oh, and I don't drink liquor or wine. Just beer!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1304702984|2914069 said:
I'm a wine in the evening kind of guy, one or two glasses.
Since the SO does not drink and wine spoils fast it's usually two glasses two days in a row then a day or two off.

I actually started years ago on my doctor's recommendation.
He said overall in moderation wine, especially red, is good for your heart.
I ain't died yet, so Cheers! :sun:

I look for better wines at bargain basement blowout prices.
Often Big Lots will have wines intended to sell for $30 for only $4.
Unfortunately, I do have to kiss a lot of frogs for every prince.
I've had to pour a couple right down the drain after the first sip.
But, when I find a prince I'll return to the store and buy them out and put it in the basement.
Overall it is a fun safari; plus I've paid $30 for some wines I did not like.

Some varieties and vintages of Trader Joe's 2-Buck Chuck can be a great value - but there also IS that frog-factor. :knockout:

I'm the same, I chose 1 though because on some nights I find that there's no wine left for me by the time I get home! Dh has a beer a day, but when he's out of beer he goes for my wine!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I WISH I could drink more than I do. One drink and I'm totally hammered. I have no tolerance. I would love to have the ability to relax with a glass of wine in the evening.

Because of my lack of tolerance, and the fact that I have children to raise, I drink just a few times per year.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Haven|1304702609|2914063 said:
During the school year I drink a glass of wine maybe three nights a week.
However, during major grading periods, I drink a glass of wine every night. Sometimes two.

When I'm not actively teaching I rarely drink.

When I'm on vacation I have at least one drink per day, depending on the location. I probably averaged three drinks a day in Ireland, but only one drink a day in St. John. I don't like to drink too much if it's hot outside.

I'm glad someone else feels this way. I only drink in winter, because I become miserably hot if I try to drink in summer. My face gets red and shiny, and I am self-conscious about it, so I avoid alcohol in spring, summer, or fall.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont drink nearly as much as I use to :twirl: I usually dont drink at all between Sunday and Wednesday, but I do like my wine on Thursday nights and I am a whiskey drinker, so I like to drink that on Friday and Saturday 8)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted zero. I can't even remember the last time I had a drink. 'm not against drinking and I'll have something occasionally, but it's pretty rare. I prefer diet soda or even water most of the time.

I college though, that was a different story. I never did anything dumb, but I definitely had my fair share of hangovers. Mudslides and sombreros (Kahlua and milk) were my drinks of choice. That or a madras (cranberry juice, orange juice, and vodka). :lickout:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually have a glass of wine (red) every night. Yum!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I don't drink that much right now because I hate feeling bloated and gross the next day.

I used to drink probably 3-4 times per week, but now that I'm climbing more often I generally funnel my money (and at least one of my drinking days) towards that instead of going to bars. If I go out on a weekend with my friends and I'm not driving, I can usually keep a pretty good pace (3-4 beers and a few rounds of shots), but I'm not doing that as much as I did a few months ago.

But if I'm just home alone, I don't really drink. I like wine, but don't drink it often enough to make opening a bottle by myself worth it, and beer is good and all, but generally I'd rather spend the calories on dessert...

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not at all. I wish I could every now and then, but I can't for health reasons.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.07 per day, apparently :cheeky:

I have a weakness for Baileys on ice or in coffee or hot chocolate. I treat myself to a little every evening - though it's usually just a few dribbles so I counted it as half a drink. And DH and I like to have a glass of wine with dinner a few times a week, so I counted that as 4.

I haven't done shots since my bachelorette party and I don't like hard liquor unless it's totally disguised in something fruity at a bar, so it's really just the wine and Baileys for me.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I rarely drink, usually 2x a month. Generally, I'll drink 2-3 glasses of wine. Sometimes I'll drink a bottle of something hard over a nice long Saturday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results