Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8+

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a pretty regular drinker, I guess. I go in cycles, though, depending on weather (if it's warm we like to sit outside and have beer or wine and usually the neighbors stop by and have 1-2 with us...in the winter we drink less because we have to go to a restaurant or bar to socialize instead and that gets expensive!) I drink probably 3x a week and those times I'm consuming 3-4 glasses of wine or beer over the course of 5-6 hours in the evenings. I have been known to drink too many and stay up way too late, though, but those are nights when we're at friends' homes or vice versa and I don't have to work the next day. No one in my immediate family drinks (anymore) but my father used to drink every night until I was about 10 and my mother asked him to stop (he hasn't had a drink in 24 years). My maternal grandmother also apparently had a drinking problem or was an alcoholic (I never met her) so I am conscious of the propensity towards alcoholism in my family. It's a fine line...so when I feel like I've been imbibing too much I have no problem with curbing it for a bit.

MC--our recycling bins would freak you out--they only pick up recycling 2x a month here, and we have friends and neighbors who drink all kinds of beers, domestics included, so we have a crazy mix of cans and bottles and the bin is usually rather full with the passing of two weekends between emptyings! :cheeky:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Is it terrible that one of the top things im looking forward to doing once I give birth is have a drink??
I usually enjoy a lass of wine or a beer 4-5 days a week. Im sure that our bar hopping habits will drastically change after the baby is born, but DH and I are the occasional binge drinkers. We both enjoy occasionally a good strong buzz, usually at a wedding or sporting event with friends. Not rip roaring throwing up drunk...but fun and slap happy can be fun with our friends. I doubt post baby either of us will imbibe in a hardy buzz for a loooong time.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I drink Thursday nights (date night) and usually one or two nights on weekends. I would say it averages to 1 drink or so a day. With dinner in the house, I'll usually have two small glasses at most. However, if I'm sitting around drinking socially, I can easily have 4 regular glasses over the course of a long evening.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have almost no tolerance for alcohol. I have about 1/4 glass every few months. Any more than that, and I'm totally wasted the next day. So, I voted zero. Zero suits me just fine.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a big drinker at all. I drink socially, but usually no more than 2 glasses of wine or 2 drinks, and social drinking can literally be a once a month kind of thing.

That said, I do like drinks - I love wine, and fruity mixed drinks, blended drinks, etc. But I guess usually when I open the fridge or something, it's easier for me to find something that's non-alcoholic.

I am completely addicted to coffee and bubble tea however. :D

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
time for my friday night BAR exam... :bigsmile:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was younger and living in the UK, I used to drink whenever I went out, which was a few times a week and at least 2-3 drinks each time.

Recently, I've discovered that being a petite Asian girl, drinks and me don't mix! :(( So, now I'm supposed to drink absolutely nothing; But I do like the taste of champagne or champagne cocktails (anything with good champage in it really :tongue: ), so now I drink once in a while and less than 1 each time (maybe half a glass).

So, Kenny, what should my answer be? 0 or less than 1? I picked less than 1 daily, but strictly speaking it should be less than 2 every month or so.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Can I change my answer?

I drink enough (sometimes) to tell guys exactly what I'm thinking (like that they need to f*** off) and to give my number to a guy that has failed to pick me up multiple times simply because he's starting to amuse me.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1304704813|2914100 said:
I'm Scottish, so I may skew your poll. ;)) I like to drink. Wine mostly, but I also enjoy a gin and tonic, whisky, bourbon, port, brandy, pimms, cocktails, champagne, beer, ale, mead, cider, vodka, spiced rum, liqueurs and calvados.

I don't really care for sherry, but obviously it's better than nothing.

I'm Irish so I'll skew that poll with you! I like all of the above as well and ditto on the sherry

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
bee*|1304752739|2914639 said:
I'm Scottish, so I may skew your poll. ;)) I like to drink. Wine mostly, but I also enjoy a gin and tonic, whisky, bourbon, port, brandy, pimms, cocktails, champagne, beer, ale, mead, cider, vodka, spiced rum, liqueurs and calvados.

I'm Irish so I'll skew that poll with you! I like all of the above as well and ditto on the sherry

We forgot pernod, casiss and campari. :bigsmile:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I drink fairly regularly, but I think it averages around 4-5 drinks per week. We usually have a pint if we go out to dinner, see friends, or watch hockey. So I drink more during playoffs! We also have a bottle of wine about twice per month when we entertain or feel like having a nice dinner together.

We probably have 2-3 beers in the fridge at any given time. We also have a wine collection.

I find it a bit odd since my parents are very very anti-drinking. I have never seen either of them have so much as a sip of an alcoholic beverage. I think its fine in moderation. Its nice to have a beer and relax, but I wouldn't want to get sloppy drunk on a regular basis.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I pretty much only drink regularly on vacation. The rest of the time I'd rather save the calories for yummy food ;D

I really don't like the feeling of being drunk, so why have a 500+ calorie margarita where you don't even feel the effect of the alcohol when you could have a brownie instead? HA!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1304730005|2914443 said:
I'm a pretty regular drinker, I guess. I go in cycles, though, depending on weather (if it's warm we like to sit outside and have beer or wine and usually the neighbors stop by and have 1-2 with us...in the winter we drink less because we have to go to a restaurant or bar to socialize instead and that gets expensive!) I drink probably 3x a week and those times I'm consuming 3-4 glasses of wine or beer over the course of 5-6 hours in the evenings. I have been known to drink too many and stay up way too late, though, but those are nights when we're at friends' homes or vice versa and I don't have to work the next day. No one in my immediate family drinks (anymore) but my father used to drink every night until I was about 10 and my mother asked him to stop (he hasn't had a drink in 24 years). My maternal grandmother also apparently had a drinking problem or was an alcoholic (I never met her) so I am conscious of the propensity towards alcoholism in my family. It's a fine line...so when I feel like I've been imbibing too much I have no problem with curbing it for a bit.

MC--our recycling bins would freak you out--they only pick up recycling 2x a month here, and we have friends and neighbors who drink all kinds of beers, domestics included, so we have a crazy mix of cans and bottles and the bin is usually rather full with the passing of two weekends between emptyings! :cheeky:

Quick hijack - ours is picked up weekly - we have LARGE bins...nobody ever puts the right packaging in the correct bin. I HATE seeing what my neighbors eat/drink. One, I swear, eats exclusively McDonald's! It wouldn't be a big deal except they don't always use garbage bags. They probably think we're weird though b/c I bake whole chickens and even roast a whole turkey about once a month (lol)!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1304784444|2914794 said:
monarch64|1304730005|2914443 said:

Quick hijack - ours is picked up weekly - we have LARGE bins...nobody ever puts the right packaging in the correct bin. I HATE seeing what my neighbors eat/drink. One, I swear, eats exclusively McDonald's! It wouldn't be a big deal except they don't always use garbage bags. They probably think we're weird though b/c I bake whole chickens and even roast a whole turkey about once a month (lol)!

ETA - There are also a lot of wine bottles. Not sure if they're good quality b/c I don't know anything about wine - except the obvious like Sutters Home. lol

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I DO like a vodka and cranberry, HOWEVER, my New Years resolution was no elkiminate booze from the home so now I just have them when we go out--either for dinner or an evening with friends.

DISCLAIMER: One Monday night the husband brought home a bottle of vodka and we had a bar-b q. We were celebrating the news and I got sh!t faced. Deliberately. But I haven't touched it since then. And probably won't.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Hehehe! :bigsmile:
I with you! Especially the cocktails! ;))
:wavey:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yeah, I'd have been found out sharpish if I'd ticked the 'no alcohol' option... :bigsmile:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer W|1304794207|2914921 said:
Yeah, I'd have been found out sharpish if I'd ticked the 'no alcohol' option... :bigsmile:
Yes, you would have!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just one of the many reasons I love you!!! :wavey:

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1304755850|2914645 said:
bee*|1304752739|2914639 said:

We forgot pernod, casiss and campari. :bigsmile:

lol! Not sure how we forgot them!! I've actually been on a record though and haven't had a drink in 2 whole weeks as I have exams. I'm going to be hooked up to a wine drip though next friday when they end!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I go back an forth between nothing and about a drink a day. It depends on whether or not I have any wine in the kitchen. I'll drink it if I have it, but I won't usually make a special trip out to get it. I haven't developed a taste for beer at all, but wine (especially whites) and cocktails are great.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Whereas I have worn a groove in the road between my front door and the nearest off-license... :bigsmile:

Bee, I want a wine drip. That's the funniest thing I've hear in ages. It sums up exactly how I always feel at the end of an exam diet. I hope it goes really well for you, and just keep that big glass of wine in you head, as a reward.

Susimoo, we should drink more. Together, I mean. Phone me!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I want a wine drip, too! :lol:

Seriously, I can drink some wine. I drink almost every night, at least a glass or 2, sometimes more.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer W|1304797987|2914985 said:
Whereas I have worn a groove in the road between my front door and the nearest off-license... :bigsmile:

Bee, I want a wine drip. That's the funniest thing I've hear in ages. It sums up exactly how I always feel at the end of an exam diet. I hope it goes really well for you, and just keep that big glass of wine in you head, as a reward.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Give me a week or so to tie up a few things then we can set a date!! :wavey:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I went to a wine tasting evening last week. Under the influence of the 18 wines we tasted. :lickout: I may have ordered a mixed case. DH may also have ordered something. To be honest, neither of us can remember. :bigsmile: I'm excited to see what turns up.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
susimoo|1304798419|2914995 said:

YAY! :appl:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
:lickout:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Can I come too? :bigsmile:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I probably drink between 0-2 drinks a week, so 1 on average. Depends on whether I decide to open a bottle of wine, and I generally don't have more than a glass a night.

Once every 2-3 months, I may have 2-3 drinks on a night socially and once every 4-6 months I drink 3-4 drinks on a night (i.e., relatively drunk!).

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Lil Misfit|1304800144|2915022 said:

The more the merrier!!! :lol:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
susimoo|1304803001|2915047 said:
Lil Misfit|1304800144|2915022 said:

The more the merrier!!! :lol:

:appl: :appl: Yay!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results