shape
carat
color
clarity

How much did you spend on wedding day makeup?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay,
I admit it, I''m a tomboy--- or maybe I just prefer a "natural" look. Either way, I''m a bit of a clutz when it comes to makeup.
Well, today I went to M.A.C and did a trial. I like the look, very natural, but the COST???? I hate to even say how much I spent to just look like a cleaned up version of me.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I debated over whether or not to post a pic. Here is the after shot, but way after. I might want to do something darker with the lips-- but since I never really wear lipstick, we went with a pink. But I really like the eyes. It''s very subtle, but it makes my droopy eyes look a bit brighter.

faceafter2.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
nice picture taking right? Blurry enough that you don''t really see the eye wrinkles. Maybe one case where my poor photography comes in handy.. hee hee

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your make-up looks very pretty and natural. And don''t worry about the cost. These days girls get their make-up done for proms and formal dances several times a year (depending on how many friends you have from different schools!). So make-up for a very special occasion is worth it. You will be looking at the photos for many years to come!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, very pretty! If you don''t mind my 2 cents, I would definitely add some more color to your lips and cheeks. And the one thing that I will always advise everyone on, EYELASHES! You have beautiful eyes so I think you should draw more attention to them but rather than adding more color to the lids, you should curl your lashes and wear tons of mascara. Or even add a few fake ones if you need to. I''m telling you, my eyes were my favorite part of my wedding makeup. I have really long lashes so we didn''t put on any fakies but she really curled them and put on a gallon of mascara! They didn''t look overly done up or spider-like at all but my eyes definitely pop in every photo. Yes, it costs an arm and a leg to get your makeup done, especially if they come to you. I live in NYC and I spent $300 on just makeup but it was worth every penny for me!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your thoughts ladies!
I did spend about 300.00 at M.A.C. sheesh, it felt like a lot.

Curlygirl, great advice about the eyes. I LOVED your wedding makeup,
and yes, I do remember that your eyes really stood out. Mine tend to feel
small and droopy to me. I will experiment with curling them and using more mascara.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Tybee,

I''m not getting married yet, but I can say that I think makeup is really important. It''s going to be in EVERY single wedding picture, and you''re going to have ALOT of people looking at you! I mean it''s kind of silly to spend lots and lots a really good wedding photographer or a dress and not spend on the most important aspect of your appearence.

PS: I think you look great in the makeup trial. I like natural makeup, where it looks as though your wearing nothing. I''m prepared to do mortal batlle over NO lipstick, so I understand the avoidence.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
lol alleycat,
it''s there, it''s just pink!

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
It looks very nice! Wow on the cost though!
32.gif
I am definitely not going to complain about the $75 it is going to cost me now!
3.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I think your makeup looks really good, but I personally would wear more of a nude tone instead of the pink to bring a little more color to your face.

For my makeup I think I spent $15 on mascara. I did my own makeup (see this link for a photo), and didn''t bother curling my eyelashes or using any base makeup. I wanted to look like me on my wedding day rather than a made-up version. I''ve had too many friends who, while they looked good in their photos, looked either odd in person or unlike themselves.

But, from your photo I think your makeup looks really natural and not too done up
36.gif
Did you purchase the makeup to do your own on your wedding day? If so, experiment a little and see what works best in photos and in different lighting.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
No fair Researcher!

You''re knock-down gorgeous! I do like your natural look a lot!
Yup, I bought it-- now I''ve got to play with it and figure it all out.
Luckily I was given instructions. I was actually suprised by all the pinks,
but being that I know nothing... I went with it.
Since our wedding will be in the Caribean, I''m bound to be a little more
tan naturally, too.

SDL-- you are such a sweetheart. One can always count on you for a pick-me up.
I am anything but gorgeous, but I appreciate
the compliment!!!!

It''s tough sometimes being an older first time bride.
All the young brides on here are so lovely.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
You ARE gorgeous! You remind me of an even prettier Demi Moore. I look like I''m 16, not 30. I love the look of class that naturally comes with age--and probably dark hair (yes, the grass is always greener...).

With a tan the pink lips may look really good! But, if it seems to be a little pale, just lightly brush your lips with a brown eye shadow to make the lipstick a bit more nude, or use a nude lipliner.

As for your eyes and cheeks, I really like the colors on you. They''re very subtle and will work well with a beach wedding (I''m assuming it''s on/near the beach). And, the plus of wearing a light lipstick color is it won''t get all over your hubby!

P.S. Thanks for the compliment!
35.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Tybee,

DON''T say that! Naturally beautiful that''s it. PERIOD. You are going to be a beautiful bride, so don''t be so hard on yourself! I''m going to have to give you a lecture if you say something else that''s silly
2.gif
I do not see this small eyes thing at all. Not one bit. Have you tried another shade of lipstick since you weren''t happy with this one? I find the pink is very natural looking, but Researcher seems to know her makeup, so maybe nude would be pretty too.

We like hair trials too
1.gif
2.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tybee :)

You look lovely in that pic! My future sister in law is going to do my makeup or I''ll do my own... anyhow, I don''t like the way most makeup feels on me so I''d prefer to just use my own (not to mention the cost savings!). However on the knot message boards (for Los Angeles at least) it''s common to find people charging $700+ for makeup and the really popular people $900+!!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I think my wife spent about $250 or $300 for hair and makeup (in the LA area too). Her makeup person was awesome. She looked real natural. In photos tho. She looked a little weird (to me, cuz she normally doesn''t really wear makeup) in person, but the pics came out awesome and that''s what really matters.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
You look very pretty and natural. I agree with Researcher that it''s important to look like you, and obviously your look achieve that. And don''t feel bad about spending $300. I spent $375 for hair and makeup (wedding day and trial).

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I love you guys.
You know how to ease a worried mind.
I don''t know how I would have figured any of this out without you all!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Tybee you look so beautiful and classic! Your eyes look great! More lipstick sounds good.

On those professional pictures, more is more, in my opinion. I felt the first time I had the pro makeup done, like I just was CAKED in makeup everywhere. But the pictures don''t reflect that at all, they just looked natural.

I wish you lived in So Cal so you could use my girl, who only charged $35 (and all the girls had our makeup done). She used all Clinique makeup.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, I'm all for a natural look too! We're getting married outside, and the last thing I want is to look like a clown in the bright sunlight!

I went to Nordstrom's makeup department and looked for someone working there who had good makeup on. I found a girl who worked at Smashbox, I got a free makeover, loved what she did, and asked if she'd do my wedding. She looked online and found the going rate (in RI at least) of $150 for bride, $75 for any additional members, so that's what she's charging me. Most "bridal makeup" places charge you like $75 for the makeup trial, too, which I think is insane!! So I'm glad I got to avoid paying that one!

And not that I'd want to run to the mall a few hours before my wedding (like I'd need that on top of everything else!), but the girl told me that if I wanted to go to Nordstrom's instead of having her come to me, the wedding day makeup would be free! Just something to think about ...

Tybee, your makeup looks great, btw. Your skin looks so fresh and glowy! I think for pictures though, you may want a bit more color on the lips (at least that's what I was told when I wanted a more nude-looking lip too).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results