shape
carat
color
clarity

how much coffee do you drink?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I start in the morning, and don't stop, especially at the office.

5 cups, maybe? Give or take 1.

Back at home...one more?

I hear mostly benefits from it.

But, it's just habit.

Weekends can be tough, when not matching weekdays can bring a headache.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I usually have one mug of coffee probably 3-4 days a week. I definitely don't depend on it but I like the taste (with milk and sugar) and the caffeine jump is nice some days.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
I drink 2 8oz. cups of coffee in the morning.
I drink 2 cups of black tea in the afternoon.

I've noticed that I have a caffeine habit, because i have to get in 2 cups of coffee on the weekend to avoid a headache and nausea :errrr: Oh, well, I do enjoy it!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drink a couple during the week in the mornings and maybe one to 1 1/2 on the weekends, I get more sleep on the weekends and dont require as much caffeine :wink2:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Re: how much coffee do you drink?.

About one and a half cups in the morning. Then another 1 or 2 cups late afternoon. Sometimes more on the weekends. I drink it black or with a bit of soy milk. I would like to cut back (and I have done it before), but it. is. so. hard.

April20

Ideal_Rock
These days, none really. I used to drink a lot of coffee, but after years of working for the coffee giant, I kinda got burnt out as well as decided maybe I should cut back a teensy bit. I eventually cut it out completely with the exception of a latte a few times a year.

If I'm in a place with good quality brewed coffee, I will get sucked into a couple cups.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I drink a Starbucks grande latte or the equivalent in home-brew lattes almost every day--I only drink it on weekends when I have to get up early or work. If I'm really dragging, I'll occasionally have an early-afternoon coffee as well, but 3 pm is my cutoff for all caffeine. I drink herbal tea at night.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
1 medium or large iced coffee per day. I started a new job this week where they have a Senseo coffee maker, so I've been having a 2nd cup in the afternoon as well.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I don't drink any coffee either. I do drink a lot of mountain dew though! And I just recently stopped that cold turkey and I'm hanging in there!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None, not anymore. I used to drink some 5-6 cups a day, and I'd get dreadful headaches if I didn't get my fix :sick:

I drink tea by the gallon now - all sorts, black, herbal.. playing with new and exotic tea leaves is so much more fun than new coffee!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I drink two medium cups of strong coffee every morning....first thing. Sometimes I don't finish the second cup, but I always make enough in case I want to have one.

On a different note, I wondered how things were for you health wise Beacon? I hope all is well for you! :wavey:

eta: Happy 4th PS anni!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three cups in the a.m. and during the summer If I'm out I'll get a non-fat iced latte at dunkin donuts...oh my gosh, so good...I love coffee.

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
I go in streaks. Sometimes I'll drink 3 or 4 cups but then I'll go long periods, i.e. days, without and never notice the difference. I mostly do it for the buzz when I do. And of course, it depends on the coffee I'm drinking. One cup of starbucks, which I've heard packs three times as much caffeine as your average coffee, will last me the entire day. :appl: The weak coffee at work, not so much...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
One hot cup every morning at my desk at work. Yum.
I could drink more (I love it), but do limit it to one cup a day.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
hlmr said:

On a different note, I wondered how things were for you health wise Beacon? I hope all is well for you! :wavey:

eta: Happy 4th PS anni!

Thanks so much for asking! I am fine. Had a bunch of surgery and there was NO cancer! Yay! I have this queer other problem with hives, every danged day for the past 15 months, but praise the lord, it is going down and down. I think it may ultimately stop. That is where the coffee came in.

I quit every type of sugar in my diet, including bread, dairy, even fruits. I quit my green tea too and went to coffee. All this seems to quiet those hives, which is a miracle cause they were worse than any breast surgery I had along the way!!

Berryluv

Rough_Rock
Hmmm, mostly 1-2 cups a day. I have a cup in the am and homemade mug of latte in the afternoon (way cheaper than going to Starbucks).
I actually love tea way more than coffee. I drink green, white, or herb teas and still try to have no more than 2 cups or either coffee or tea.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Zero, i hate coffee, and caffeine.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am with Regular Guy - I don't even want to count. Two bug cups of extra strong coffee in the morning, two styrofoam cups of instant coffee at work, one at night. This is my drug of choice. Bad, of course, but my 81-year old father does the same. Always did.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I rarely drink hot coffee in the summer, but occasionally I'll treat myself to an iced coffee. During the school year, if someone else makes a pot of coffee in the teachers' room, I'll occasionally have a cup or two throughout the day. Caffeine doesn't seem to affect me really, so I don't care if it's caffinated or not. I just like the taste. I like milk and sugar or flavored coffee-mate in mine.

My husband and I have talked about whether to get a coffee maker, and as much as we'd like one, I don't think we'll get one anytime soon. Neither one of us want to get in the habit of "needing" coffee. We try to stick to only getting it if we go out for breakfast, which isn't too often.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I only drink one cup to wake up in the morning, but have occasional cans of cold coffee's as an afternoon pick-me-up.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Beacon, no cancer is amazing!! :appl: Such a scary disease....you must have been so relieved to hear the news.

Sorry to hear about the hives, but you seem to be on the right track with reducing the severity of them. I hope you can figure out what the trigger is, and soon.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Luckyeshe said:
I don't drink any coffee either. I do drink a lot of mountain dew though! And I just recently stopped that cold turkey and I'm hanging in there!

oh gosh how are you doing? I am addicted to diet mountain dew and I find without the caffeine my functioning level is really not so great

purselover

Ideal_Rock
At least one or two large cups of coffee a day up to several cups of coffee and 3-7 shots of espresso.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results