shape
carat
color
clarity

how much coffee do you drink?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I have been getting back into drinking coffee, mostly decaf, and I am taking about 3 (BIG) cups per day. So far it hasn't hurt me. How many cups of coffee do you take per day? Curious......

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Less than 1 to 1 cup a day. I also don't drink it after 12 during the week M-Th. If I do, it's because I'm REALLY tired and might not drive home with my eyes open.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One cup a day.
Only once a month or so will I have a second cup.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
One 8oz cup in the morning that I make from home and 2 shots of cuban espresso in the afternoon.

On the weekends I'll sometimes have 2-3 cups.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
None. I used to be able to handle a latte and enjoy it, but then I got super jittery from drinking one. Plus I feel like it isn't a bad thing for me to not be addicted to something. BUT, I keep seeing those studies that say that a couple of cups of coffee a day aren't bad and can actually be good. So I'm conflicted and kind of want to drink some coffee...I'm just not sure though!
(Btw, I hope this doesn't come across as judgmental, I'm actually a bit jealous. Coffee sounds tasty!)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zero. I cut out ALL caffeine about 3 months ago for health reasons. Decaf isn't supplied at work, and to be honest the only reason I ever had my 2 cup a day habit was because of the jolt, so I really don't miss it at all. I quit the diet Coke habit as well, and now if I drink soda it's diet root beer or something clear with no caffeine.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I drink one mug of coffee on days that I teach. If I'm not working I rarely drink coffee, unless we go out to Walker Bros and then I order it with my delicious breakfast meal.

SO, during the summer that's usually one mug of coffee three days a week, and during the school year it's one mug of coffee six days a week.

Six years ago I quit drinking coffee, and that lasted about four years. I don't think I was ever addicted to it, because I can drink it or not drink it and feel just fine. I started drinking it again because I just plain love a mug of hot, fresh coffee in the morning before I go to work. The only other caffeine that I drink comes from sweet tea in the summer. Otherwise, I don't drink soda or anything like that the rest of the day.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zero. I cut out ALL caffeine about 3 months ago for health reasons. Decaf isn't supplied at work, and to be honest the only reason I ever had my 2 cup a day habit was because of the jolt, so I really don't miss it at all. I quit the diet Coke habit as well, and now if I drink soda it's diet root beer or something clear with no caffeine.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't drink coffee, but I love the aroma.

CourtLynB

Rough_Rock
I can't drink coffee and really shouldn't have any caffeine in general. I have IBS (sorry if that's TMI) and that was one of the big triggers for me. Before my diagnosis I would usually have around 1 cup a day at work. My office has a Kuerig machine and supplies all the k-cups (awesome perk).
Maybe once a month, I'll really need something to get me going and I'll swing by DD and order a caramel latte.....and then I won't sleep at all that night. My friends at work know when I've had some because I'm literally bouncing off the walls and doing laps around the office.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 1-2 black iced coffees a day. S or M cups, though-if I suck down a jumbo size I feel terrible.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
None. Not sure how I survive.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like I am drinking more than most here :???: I am hoping it's ok. I used to drink tons of green tea, but I think it caused some trouble so I went to coffee. I use it to take my mind off my very, very low sugar diet. I hear it both ways on if coffee is good for you.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
At least 1 or 2 on work days.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
don't drink coffee or tea
Just never got the habit

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I only drink coffee (decaf) on the weekends. I used to drink it during the week, but replaced it with green tea.

Beacon, I am curious, what kind of problems did you have with green tea?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Research says coffee lowers the chance for Parkinson's, diabetes, and Alzheimer's. Personally, I just don't like the taste.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I drink a mug full which is almost 16oz first thing in the morning. I can't imagine functioning wihout it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never used to drink coffee. I don't need it to function at all. But since I started to lose weight, I have a very small (teacup size) cup of coffee a day. Even worse, it's INSTANT coffee (boo, hiss!) I use a tablespoon of flavored cream and then the instant coffee/water. It's only 35 calories, keeps my mouth occupied mid morning, and kills any sweets craving for awhile.

If I have real coffee, I always drink it black. Once in awhile, when I'm out, I'll have it in the afternoon.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
soocool said:
I only drink coffee (decaf) on the weekends. I used to drink it during the week, but replaced it with green tea.

Beacon, I am curious, what kind of problems did you have with green tea?

I have some quirky medical conditions that popped up last year. One is subclinical hypothyroid. I read that the fluoride in green tea can be bad for thyroid problems. I am not sure if it's true though. I used to drink tons of green tea, so I cut it out. I miss it too. I am hoping to take it again in the future in moderate quantities but want to let my system sort out first. Luckily I seem to be doing better now.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I have 1-2 small or medium coffees with milk a day. I do need my morning coffee.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
As much as I can put into my body short of my cells being replaced by caffeine molecules.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
One large iced coffee, every morning.

In the fall/winter I have one large latte.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
None! I just don't like the taste. I kind of wish I did, because I think I'm missing out on something enjoyable. I do like tea, but I don't find it has the caffeine hit I sometimes need to get rid of headaches.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
One large travel mug every morning, and on a tired day, it gets refilled when I get to work.

During the weekend usually a mug or two.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori E-ring said:
Research says coffee lowers the chance for Parkinson's, diabetes, and Alzheimer's. Personally, I just don't like the taste.
that's what i heard on the news. anyhow,i avg 2 cups of real coffee with CAFFEINE per day and a lot of hot tea during the fall/winter time.

btw; coffee time!!,then lunch time!!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I never get round to making it during the week, but I drink gallons of it on Saturdays, when DH fires up the espresso machine.

I can't say I notice any real effect from caffeine, but DH can only drink one or two cups before he gets slightly jittery.

Jen

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zero. I have never been able to stomach coffee or caffeine. I love the smell and even the taste, but my stomach rebels. I haven't had a sip in about 25 years or so. I am also not a morning person. Maybe it's related.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drink three mugs a day of Dunkin' Donuts coffee that I brew at home. It has to be absolutely fresh for me to enjoy it, otherwise it's not worth it. During the summer time, one of those mugs is often replaced in the afternoon by a large glass of sweet iced coffee with crushed slushy ice. Yum!

I've been drinking coffee since I was three. I got up with my Dad every morning at 5:30/5:45. We talked about our day, and we shared a cup of coffee at 6 a.m. That's how a good day started for me. My Mom even packed me very light and sweet coffee in my thermos when I went to elementary school. It freaked the nuns out. They even called my parents at home to ask why I was drinking coffee when all of the other kids were drinking chocolate milk.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zero. Never had a taste for it, and don't like caffeine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results