shape
carat
color
clarity

How much can a best quality multicolored freshwater pearl necklace cost

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. I came across a beautiful ( in pictures) freshwater multi colored pearl necklace. It is from a wholesaler and the price is close to 3,000 dollars.
They are 10 by12 mm in size and the colors look very rich with lots of luster. Their were other necklaces for more money. I’m just not seeing freshwater pearls so high in price.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends. There are freshwaters and there are freshwaters.

For example, here is a multicolored freshwater (Kasumi) strand from Japan, priced at just under 7K:

Edison (bead nucleated FWP) from China can also be quite costly if the colors are especially nice and if the pearls are round and have excellent surface.

If the pearls you saw have "very rich colors and lots of luster", 3K may be reasonable, but perhaps the uppermost end of reasonable. I see Edison strands for much less than that on Pearl Paradise, but not multicolored.

Bottom line: shop around.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very fine large Edisons are rare and can cost a lot of money.

For example, PP has a white Edison strand 11.0 to 14.5mm at over 4.5k USD at present.

DK :))

Last edited:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that just leaves me salivating for more photos!
It's lovely.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that just leaves me salivating for more photos!
It's lovely.

Yup, need to see more, and to know the specification, such as the sizes of the largest and smallest pearls etc...

And the type, whether they are Edison or not etc...

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. All I know is that are high quality freshwater pearls 10.3mm x 12.3mm, This is the wholesale price.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Freshwaters that are naturally bright in color and blemish free can cost that much wholesale. There are naturally colored purples out there that are super metallic and rare so they're very expensive. Pearls in general are really just going up in price.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
0FF5218E-AEDC-4D3A-AB55-782DA600D466.jpeg
This is a close up.

Hopefully, it will be restrung and knotted in between, and what I can see in the photo is temporary.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
You have a good eye! Yes these are temporary. Still deciding….

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. I’m still not sure how a multi strand will look. Haven’t see it in person yet.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The large strands at the highest quality are extremely expensive. Wholesale is in the thousands and even over 10k . But there are lovely strands in the slightly lower quality and just dropping down a few millimetres.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh they sold! Wasn't me who bought them but I really wish I could have seen them in candid pictures.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful strand! Are the multicolored pearls more ?

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I just got a Michelle watch, so I’m going to have to wait on any more big purchases!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results