shape
carat
color
clarity

How Much Bling Do You See?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Is it normal to see different amounts of "bling" in your ring depending on where you are. I was shopping this past weekend and I noticed that in certain stores my ring was extremely "blingy"(an array of colors). Now I''m sitting here at my computer with not a lot of light and it looks white when I''m looking down at it but not so "blingy." What are your experiences?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, different lighting, different looks.

Do you happen to know if the stores where it was blingy had high fluorescent lighting? that''ll do it big time. There''s a few stores where my ring looks plugged in.
30.gif
A lot of resturant lighting is pretty too.

Most home/office lighting doesn''t do much for it.

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Ditto, home/office is so boring!
24.gif

I love most restaurants, and of course, jewelry stores, LOL. And at work, there''s a huge warehouse that has amazing lighting. My stuff blings the most back there!

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Well I was in Banana Republic where I really noticed it. I''m not sure what type of lighting it is but I would imagine it is flourescent lighting. I noticed it in Nordstrom especially in their jewelry department. Most rooms in my house make it look boring but my mom has these crystal lamps in her room and boy does it bling near them.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 5:20:01 PM
Author:Class n Sass
Is it normal to see different amounts of ''bling'' in your ring depending on where you are. I was shopping this past weekend and I noticed that in certain stores my ring was extremely ''blingy''(an array of colors). Now I''m sitting here at my computer with not a lot of light and it looks white when I''m looking down at it but not so ''blingy.'' What are your experiences?
Sounds normal to me!! :) The best so far was at the movie theater that has all of these multicolored neon lights up high - my stone looked like... a hundred jewel toned jewels had made a nest!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha...cehrahbehra, that is so quotable!

wistletown

Rough_Rock
Great question!

Do you mind I ask what the specs of your stone are?

Also, does it matter how great the proportions, color, and clarity your diamond are? Will there be instances it will not sparkle?

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Wistle....here are my specs. That is also a great question that you asked. Are there times when it will not sparkle at all?

Measurements: 6.16-6.19x3.70mm
Carat Weight: 0.86
Color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: VS2
Cut Grade: Good
Depth: 59.9%
Table 56%
Crown Angle: 34 degrees
Crown Height: 14.5%
Pavillion Angle: 40.2 degrees
Pavillion Depth: 42%
Star Length: 55%
Lower Half: 85%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Cutlet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Flourescence: None
Clarity Characteristics: Crystal , Cloud

wistletown

Rough_Rock
Your ring should be on fire. All the specs look great. It''s probably the lighting. Last night I took my rock to test out under different light and there are huge differences. Under a spot light it was magical. By the desk lamp next to my laptop not so much.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The pavillion angle of 40.2 and a total depth of under 60% ... slightly on the shallow side. However, if it''s a diamond that appeals to you, then it does!

Bling depends on lighting ... mixed lighting that includes multiple spot lighting sources + diffuse sources bring out a diamond''s brilliance AND fire which is why you loved it when you were at the store.

Bright sunlight under a tree can also make a diamond sparkle like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results