shape
carat
color
clarity

how much are you paying for your internet service?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i was paying Comcast cable $43 per month then i complaint about their price being too high. they only charge me $25 per month now.
yippee10.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really...wow, I gotta try that!

I think we pay around the same...

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
How did you do that? We pay almost $100 per month... But we have internet and HD cable. What do you have Dancing Fire?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We pay like $90/mo for our cable and internet. But our cable is the fancy kind with HBO, Showtime, etc. and I know we have some kind of student deal on it (graduate students).

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
We pay 60/mo for basic cable and internet from Comcast.

I''ve never hated a company more, and I wish we could switch back to AT&T U-Verse, but they don''t have it at our new place.

I''ll say it again. I HATE Comcast.

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t mind Comcast so much because its the only cable service we have here, but I pay $33 a month for high speed internet with a school discount and then either 30 or 50 for digital basic cable tv, depending on when I called them last.

Every few months, or whenever I notice that my bill has gone up, I call Comcast and tell them that I can''t afford to keep my cable tv anymore, what with rising gas prices and everything, and transfer me to their "customer retention" department. Basically, I just say I can''t afford it and they say "Well if we lower it to 30$ a month, can you afford that?" and I say "Why yes I can!". Sometimes I also say things like "You know, I can afford $30 a month, but I just can''t do $50." and they always give me what I want because I''ve been a customer for so long. The only catch is that sometimes they won''t lower it and you have to pay the $50 for a couple of months and then they''ll bring it back down. I''m usually 3 months at $50 and then 6 months at $30 and I go back and forth like that.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! We have Comcast cable (the expanded package, but no premium channels like HBO or Showtime) and Comcast internet. I think we pay around $100 per month for the whole thing. I''ll definitely have to try Dockman''s trick!
21.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We pay $45.- a month (without taxes) for our Internet service and you wouldn''t want to know what our total cable bill is.
We''re on Long Island.

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 9:14:31 AM
Author: elledizzy5

I''ve never hated a company more, and I wish we could switch back to AT&T U-Verse, but they don''t have it at our new place.

"Communistcast" is what I call them. I hate them... seriously I could go on and on about the crappy things they have done to me over the years and they don''t seem to care that their customer service sucks. A local utility now offers service at our new house and I made it clear to Communistcast why I was switching... not that they cared but they really ought to know that if you treat your customers badly and those customers are given a choice they will switch! I''d probably pay more to not have to deal with them ever again.

Can you tell I''m bitter?
2.gif
I''m still waiting for my refund for the $122 autopay draft they took out of my count.... 45 days AFTER I scheduled to have my service cancelled!!! I''ve been waiting a month for it since apparently it''s easy for them to take $ away but very difficult for them to give it back to you.

2 years ago they also disconnected my cable just before a long holiday weekend.... BY MISTAKE (it was my neighbor who had not paid their bill... I was on auto pay so I was never late).... they refused to come out and reconnect it (although they did admit it was their mistake) until after the holidays. It took me a week to get my cable turned back on. I don''t think I''m out of line in thinking that they should have immediatly corrected their mistake regardless of the holiday... oh yeah... I still had to pay for that week of service I didn''t get!

I really hate that company... sorry for my rant
7.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 9:57:18 AM
Author: applequeen

''Communistcast'' is what I call them. I hate them... seriously I could go on and on about the crappy things they have done to me over the years and they don''t seem to care that their customer service sucks. A local utility now offers service at our new house and I made it clear to Communistcast why I was switching... not that they cared but they really ought to know that if you treat your customers badly and those customers are given a choice they will switch! I''d probably pay more to not have to deal with them ever again.

2.gif
I''m still waiting for my refund for the $122 autopay draft they took out of my count.... 45 days AFTER I scheduled to have my service cancelled!!! I''ve been waiting a month for it since apparently it''s easy for them to take $ away but very difficult for them to give it back to you.

2 years ago they also disconnected my cable just before a long holiday weekend.... BY MISTAKE (it was my neighbor who had not paid their bill... I was on auto pay so I was never late).... they refused to come out and reconnect it (although they did admit it was their mistake) until after the holidays. It took me a week to get my cable turned back on. I don''t think I''m out of line in thinking that they should have immediatly corrected their mistake regardless of the holiday... oh yeah... I still had to pay for that week of service I didn''t get!

7.gif
Don''t be sorry. I''m right there with you. They also turned our cable off "accidentally" and it took over a week for them to fix it, including a MISSED appointment that we stayed home for. Plus we''ve been left on hold for hours on end, every time you call, someone gives you a different answer than the last person you talked to, and you get forwarded to so many people, and you have to RE-EXPLAIN your story to EVERY person that you get forwarded to.

A friend of mine has started doing 1 or 2 shots before he calls Comcast. I''m seriously considering getting rid of cable all together because I hate that company so much. Evil. They are evil.

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 10:00:34 AM

Date: 8/14/2008 9:57:18 AM
Author: applequeen

''Communistcast'' is what I call them. I hate them... seriously I could go on and on about the crappy things they have done to me over the years and they don''t seem to care that their customer service sucks. A local utility now offers service at our new house and I made it clear to Communistcast why I was switching... not that they cared but they really ought to know that if you treat your customers badly and those customers are given a choice they will switch! I''d probably pay more to not have to deal with them ever again.

2.gif

7.gif
Don''t be sorry. I''m right there with you. They also turned our cable off ''accidentally'' and it took over a week for them to fix it, including a MISSED appointment that we stayed home for. Plus we''ve been left on hold for hours on end, every time you call, someone gives you a different answer than the last person you talked to, and you get forwarded to so many people, and you have to RE-EXPLAIN your story to EVERY person that you get forwarded to.

A friend of mine has started doing 1 or 2 shots before he calls Comcast. I''m seriously considering getting rid of cable all together because I hate that company so much. Evil. They are evil.
I could not agree with you more. I think they transfer you around so much so that you just get frustrated and hang up.

I''m getting angry just thinking about them. They are without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with.

When I called about the auto draft payment (which was for service mid July-mid Aug) ... I''d arranged for my cable to be disconnected in June (when I moved out of the condo the service was for) I had no leverage what so ever because I was no longer a customer (even though they could still charge me as one).

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to clarify, we pay like $105 for Internet AND cable...

I'm not thrilled with Comcast either...we've never had any major issues but the times I tried contacting them regarding billing issues through their website, nobody has gotten back to me and I ended up having to call.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 10:24:01 AM
Author: claudinam
I wanted to clarify, we pay like $105 for Internet AND cable...

I''m not thrilled with Comcast either...we''ve never had any major issues but the times I tried contacting them regarding billing issues through their website, nobody has gotten back to me and I ended up having to call.
FF has a friend who works as a manager at Comcast. He says there''s no actual system for getting managers to call you back, even though CSRs tell you that you''ll get a call back on a certain day at a certain time. They never actually intend on calling you back. We thought it was weird when we''d been "promised" a call back three times in a row, and no one ever called...
20.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, don''t even start me on Communistcast! (LOVE IT, AppleQueen!!!)
9.gif

We had a very simple request recently: Our remote for the downstairs cable box is broken, and could they please send us a new one? THREE CALLS by DH, and almost a MONTH later, we are STILL remoteless. We''ve been carrying the upstairs remote back and forth between the two TVs so that we can change channels. It gets hairy when he''s watching TV downstairs and I''m watching TV upstairs!
20.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2008 9:11:06 AM
Author: Tuckins1
How did you do that? We pay almost $100 per month... But we have internet and HD cable. What do you have Dancing Fire?
$25 just for the internet service not including cable tv.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
$29 a month for internet only (DSL).

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Argh!

Evil internet providers, I think my provider known locally as EirCon demands on employment applications that employess have cloven feet.

Cost: €65p/m For DIAL UP! No boradband services available for me
39.gif

This is the sole reason I post so infrequently, it takes so long to change page, I forget what I was doing long before the login page comes up.

I have a policy to ring up 5 times and ask the same question each time. For example how much does X cost? If you get €50, Free, €25, Free, sorry, we do not offer that service and €50, you should take it at about €25 but expect to pay €50 and find out that service does not exist. I hate Eircon.

As I mentioned, we are moving into our self build in a few weeks so I spent this week finding out if there are any alternatives to this company and Nope, I am stuck with them. No other company delves so far into rural Ireland.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
We pay £26 (approx $52) a month for broadband with British Telecom

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m in a pretty "rural" area and we only have one provider for internet. They charge $65/month, but we can get our expanded cable/movie channels/etc and a landline with the internet for only $120. So, obviously we go with the 3for deal.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
too much!

hey DF!
9.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I have Brighthouse combo package for cable and high speed internet for 103 a month....a bit pricey but I have never had a problem (even when I was a few days late on payment it wasn''t cut off.....)

Next month I will be moving in with SO...which means bills are split!!! YAY!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Ooh ooh...I wanna complain about comcast!!!
9.gif

I live in Houston so there is actually a comcast store sort of near me....customer service still sucks!

I had been having problems with my net every since we moved into our house (everyone in our neighborhood has directv...wonder why!). After having multiple people come to my home and "fix" the problem that was never fixed, I finally talked to a somewhat normal human being who told me that it was my modem. He advised me to go to the nearest store and switch it out (instead of having someone drop one off for me.
20.gif
)

This was at 4 pm....I was taking an online course and had a test THAT night. I was not amused. I get to the store, the lady gives me a modem no questions asked (didn''t even ask my name or for the old modem back). I get to my house....guess what....you need a CD to get it to work. You think she would have known that? So I drive my little but all the way back there and ask her for the Cd. Drive alllll the way home, open the CD, it''s CRACKED in half. I am livid at this point.
29.gif
I drive all the way back there (it''s 4:45 at this point, they close at 5) the door is locked. They were trying to close early. You better believe I pounded on that door until they let me in. I gave the lady some serious attitude but I was so frustrated and annoyed at that point that there was no way I could be nice.

When we first moved into our house we had TWC, but of course Comcast bought them out. Thing is, they change their number and didn''t even bother telling anyone.
20.gif
Then they switched around some of our channels and REMOVED some channels (WE...no more bridezillas, although I did just recently figure out how to watch it on demand). And on top of that, our bill went up!

Then of course I''m still having computer problems now, as you may have seen from my other thread. Just a recap....my modem keeps restarting itself.
I called comcast, got a guy out here. He said my upstream level was low and that he would contact his manager to come out here and fix it.
Problem persists....call comcast again and get some lady who puts me on hold forever. She tells me that she talked to her manager, and her manager will call a manager in MY area first thing tomorrow to come get it fixed. I''m assuming that was a lie.
I call comcast AGAIN. A guy comes out yesterday and it is only his second day on the job. He doesn''t know what he''s doing...his friends keep calling him on her personal cell phone...he doesn''t believe I really have a problem. I show him the problem, and then he says he''s going to hook up a new modem. Except, he needs to do something online in order to activate it (or something). He decides he doesn''t want to do that so he keeps calling customer service over and over again and they keep telling him that he needs to at least attempt to do it online before they can help him. I leave the room at this point...I checked on him once and he was looking at the NBA scores on my computer. Seriously. Before he left he told me that I have a new modem and everything should be fine. I go upstairs...my old modem is hooked up to the computer. The new one is on the FLOOR, unopened! Idiot.

I''ve since figured out that it''s our router....but still...just had to relay that story. :)
And I have no idea how much we pay but I''m wondering if we can get that student discount with Comcast!
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were paying about $90 for expanded basic cable and high speed internet to Charter Communications. We just added their phone service this week and for 12 months it is $99 plus taxes. The long distance is FREE! After 12 months I think it is about $135. for all three services. But still, we were paying about $60 to MCI JUST for phone service and long distance before. Our daughter did call when her intial introductory deal was over and they did reduce her bill again when she threatened to cancel.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
We do the bundle thing so we save money instead of having separate phone, internet and cable. If the had DSL coming to my neighborhood I would do the bundle through the phone company but it didn't work out that way.

eta: we have the same thing as DS06

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2008 12:34:35 AM
Author: Skippy123
We do the bundle thing so we save money instead of having separate phone, internet and cable. If the had DSL coming to my neighborhood I would do the bundle through the phone company but it didn''t work out that way.

eta: we have the same thing as DS06
we can do the bundle package but i decided to stay with AT&T for our home phone service.

btw; a few of my friends cut their home phone service and just use their cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results