shape
carat
color
clarity

How many times have you moved since you became independant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Like many others, I have moved MANY, MANY TIMES thanks to my educational pursuits. The 9-month school year lends itself to such a lifestyle. But MC, you''re not just moving yourself; you''re moving a family (of four? of five?) and responsible for keeping all their stuff straight too. That''s WAY more stressful than a single girl having to pack up a dorm room or 1BR apartment at her leisure.

You have every right to be truly, disgustingly sick of it. I hope IRL that you''re as crabby as Andy Rooney right now-- it sounds like you''ve earned it, MC!
11.gif
LOL

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...

College years: Santa Barbara (5 times)

Army: Augusta (1), Tacoma (4 times)

After: San Diego (5 times)

Wow - 15! Moving sucks!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Three times. I tend to stay awhile where I''m planted.

Moving is the pits; we need to start looking for a house to buy, and I know we are both putting it off because we despise moving. But buying now is the smart thing to do.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Let''s see.

9 times since 2000.

Gah.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in my first. I''d say that we''ll move again in a few years but hopefully it will be to a forever house as I hated moving.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
14 since 2001... won''t be the last either,, probably another 2 times and we''re done!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
4 times.

When we first got married to our new apartment.

When my son passed away, we moved to another apartment.

When I became a nurse we moved to a duplex.

Two years ago we moved to this house that we live in now.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m living in my 6th home as an adult. I''ve been married for almost 10 years (5 of the homes with DH). This is not my last house.

Overall, this is my 15th (I think ) home.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Since I went away to college when I was 18 (I never lived in dorms, always lived in apts in the city) I''ve moved 11 times in 8 1/2 years! And we''re probably going to move again this fall/winter if we buy a place. I think that''s one of the main reasons I want to buy, so I can live there for more than a year! I just hope I don''t get sick of whatever we buy
2.gif

Luckily I''m a MAJOR purger so I don''t have to move too much. I have a very minimalistic style and I''ve rubbed off a bit on hubby too, thank god! And I''m really good at moving... always move on a Friday and by Sunday everything is put away, dishes are washed, beds are made, etc. Then the following weekend or 2 we hang wall art and drapes. Yeah, I''m a little ocd
4.gif
I think my next career will be a professional organizer, I would so love that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results