shape
carat
color
clarity

How many times a week do you vacuum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes everyday ... sometimes every other day ... it just depends.
face23.gif

Teenage kids, 2 dogs ... active family ... vacuum almost everyday ... (The kids are pretty good about doing it ... you know slave labor!
6.gif

What a treat it would be to have a housekeeper! (In my dreams!)

Everyone have a happy and safe 4th of July!
35.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I'm out the door 7:30 am and home 7:00 pm....then have to cook, etc. So I only vacuum one a week. I have wood floors with a few area rugs. It all gets vacuumed. And the culprits- 3 cats. I NEVER EVER feel like this place is clean. Ever. I would vacuum every day if I had the time. I also go over the couches and chairs b/c I can't stand hair. Oh, and one a week or maybe every two week I get on my hands and knees with a damp sponge and balls of cat hair comes up off of the bedroom flat weave rug. This week there is NOTHING getting done. I just got back from the doctor. My day off and day at Westhampton gave me a horrible horrible burn with much swelling. Ouch. So I'm all oiled up sitting on a cat hair couch. Eww! LOL

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
when i was single, l long time ago, i cleaned my small apartment once every friday eve, vacuuming once a week. Now we own a home. For a long time i didn''t work and would clean once a week or more often as needed.

when I went back to work i tried to divide the chores, (hands on hips) well, that went over like a ton of bricks. See, hubby came from a home where mom did everything, even to the point of the men going into the living room while the little wimmen did the dishes.

we had knock down drag out fights over this. finally after while, we hired Molly Maid, who didn''t work out. Now I have a neighborhood friend do it, she is a OCD cleaner,and now we have peace in the house. she really should hire herself out as a professional organizer, she''s that good.

she vacuums once a week.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i vacuum at least once a week -- i have allergies and a long-haired pup -- fortunately, my fiancee is a brilliant cleaner and helps out with domestic duties
9.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
People vaccum EVERY week? More than once!!! LOL.. we vacumm about once a week.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I vacuum about once a month.
1.gif
Course, it''s only the two of us, we don''t wear shoes in the house, and it''s a 1 bedroom apartment. When our house gets finally finished and we can move in, then we''ll see.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Rarely, in fact I was guilted into doing it today after reading this thread.....in another thread the moderators talked about clean surfaces and the law of entropy, and I say not vacumming for me follows the laws of apathy......
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2006 3:05:32 PM
Author: dbgaap
zero

9.gif

Actually, when we got married, I told hubby we MUST hire housecleaners since I was already used to having a cleaner and I refuse to do all the housework (or fight about it) while holding down a job.

He just said, ''sure if we need to, we can hire cleaners''.

Well, the man is amazing- he vacuums every few days, cleans up after himself and cleans the cats'' letter box every day.
So it turns out I don''t mind doing a good scrub on the bathrooms & kitchen every now & then.
And the money for housecleaners is ours to spend.

Every now and then we remind ourselves to go out for an extra nice dinner or whatnot, cuz we earned it!
And yep- with 3 cats (to answer your question) we do need vacuuming at least 2x a week. I do try to brush them often and that seems to cut down on the cat hair.
Same here. I never vacuum cos we got a cleaner as well. We both work and I used to do 90% of the housework!! I remember he dropped some milk all over the floor and asked me where the mop bucket was (we had moved in 3 months previously). I said I didn''t know and his reply was ''where did you put it when you last mopped the floor?'' I hadn''t done much housework at all since we moved in out of protest. My reply was, ''I haven''t mopped since we moved in, have you?'' He finally got the message, and we hired a cleaner. I may have lived in filth for a few months but it was worth it.

In answer to your question, the floors get vacuumed once a fortnight. There''s only the two of us (no pets and we spend a lot of the weekends out) so it doesn''t get too bad.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
DH and I both work 50-60 hours per week, no kids, no pets, so the house doesn''t get that dirty other than the So Cal dust. The cleaning lady comes every other week, and she vacuums the carpet, mops the tile, and "dry" mops the wood floors with Bona.

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
I vaccuum once a week because we have thick carpet and a cat, but I wipe down the kitchen and bathroom floors almost everyday. Cat food and cat hair are always on the kitchen floor, and fuzzballs from rugs and towels and my hair from when I blowdry show up almost everyday in the bathroom. I don''t mind cleaning it up everday though. I like to see the floor get clean....I''m strange like that!
face3.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I really feel at home here... we''re all slobs, eh?
2.gif

I get about 3 hours a day at home awake, so vacuuming is a once-a-week thing. We have 3 cats, 3 levels, hardwood, berber and laminate squares in the kitchen and basement, and it just never seems to be clean, but I do LOVE LOVE LOVE my Dyson. I have the Animal model, but somebody pointed out that the only difference is 1 attachment. That''s true! You can buy the animal attachment separately if you get a good deal on a different model. I can fill my Dyson up on each floor, but emptying it is so freakin'' easy.... you don''t have to handle anything... it''s all dumps out with the push of a button. The telescoping wand can get my whole staircase so I don''t have to balance it precariously. It works great on the hardwood too, and I''ve actually used the wand to suck cat hair out of the air! Ok, that might be TMI, but as a big wad of hair catches an updraft, swoop, there it goes, into the Dyson.

The other trick for pets... I just got a "Furminator" brush for my cats and it is amazing. They were shedding like crazy with the change of seasons, and even though they are short hair, there just seemed to be no end to the tufts falling off them. I pulled the brush out of the package, swiped it over the back of my calmest cat, and was amazed at all the hair that came out. All the undercoat. He was so sleek and shiny when I finished with him and I had a pile of hair big enough to weave another cat. And he loved it! I did the other cats too and they were also happy with the brush. It''s great! There have been a lot fewer "cat-hair tumbleweeds" on the stairs since then.

Would love a housekeeper, but my boyfriend doesn''t trust anybody enough to have them clean our house. I grew up with a maid/nanny and cherish the idea of coming home to a clean house. My mom only vacuumed occasionally, usually related to something the dog did, but our housekeeper was their 2 days a week! I''ve never, in my life, seen my father vacuum. My guy vaccuums, but only because he thinks the Dyson is cool, and I have him carry it up and downstairs for me.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Now I''m feelin'' kinda psycho!!! I vacuum the upstairs carpet every few days and the downstairs laminate 3-4 times per day with a floor scrub in the evening. It''s a brand new house (20 days old) so maybe I''m just excited!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results