shape
carat
color
clarity

How many tennis/diamond bracelets do you have?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2, a 14ct rose gold 5 stone DBTY with 6 pointers, and a 14ct white gold tennis bracelet, with 3ctw of diamonds. I stacked them for the pic, but I actually really like them worn together.

107381961_281247009782078_4137963442283844549_n.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

All gone but one (full eternity style) diamond bangle. I love it--but have no place to wear it!

cheers--Sharon

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
I do love a diamond tennis bracelet...I do own 2 however they are both CZ's both set in 14K both purchased back in the day when you could buy real gold CZ bracelets at a reasonable price, I really havent worn either of them in years, I should drag them out and wear them once in awhile

Reading this post now. I hope you got the bracelets out of the locker and wearing it!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
love all these beauties! I hope more people continue to share more!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm 8 diamonds into a tennis bracelet. Everyone already knows the story by now. I'm buying the ACAs one at a time. Goal is to have all 28 needed to make a bracelet in a couple years when I turn 50.

Here are 7 of the 8 on a tray:

(0.33 - 0.35 each, all are D color, clarity ranges from IF to VVS2)

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm 8 diamonds into a tennis bracelet. Everyone already knows the story by now. I'm buying the ACAs one at a time. Goal is to have all 28 needed to make a bracelet in a couple years when I turn 50.

Here are 7 of them on a try:

(0.33 - 0.35 each, all D color, clarity ranges from IF to VVS2)

This will be the most beautiful bracelet. I'm excited for you.

APlaceForEverything

Rough_Rock
I just have one, and reading through this thread I think @Catmom has the grown up version of mine!

I have the bezel (really a half bezel) from JA in 2ctw and I love love love the setting - I am a clumsy person who smashes her wrists a lot so wanted bezel without it being a full metal look.

Funnily enough this week I was killing time at a shopping centre (pre yet another lockdown) and I spotted a very similar setting in a chain jeweller. For those in Aus, it was Michael Hill - not the absolute entry level but I’d still describe it as a shop that happens to sell jewellery rather than a jeweller. Not my cup of tea.

Anyway, I asked to see their version out of interest and the metal was rough, IMO not as neatly placed, and the movement between the links was stiff and clunky. Not a patch on the quality of mine.

Out of interest I compared the specs and price:

- James Allen 2tcw, H-I, SI1-2, 14k WG, AU$2494 on sale plus 15%ish tax and customs = $2868 approx.

- Michael Hill 2tcw, HIJ, I2-I3, 14k WG, AU$5499

Obviously I exclude real artisans, quality jewellers and so on from this assessment, but this blows my mind.

299699CB-2320-4723-9A97-F800698D8FB1.jpeg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just have one, and reading through this thread I think @Catmom has the grown up version of mine!

I have the bezel (really a half bezel) from JA in 2ctw and I love love love the setting - I am a clumsy person who smashes her wrists a lot so wanted bezel without it being a full metal look.

Funnily enough this week I was killing time at a shopping centre (pre yet another lockdown) and I spotted a very similar setting in a chain jeweller. For those in Aus, it was Michael Hill - not the absolute entry level but I’d still describe it as a shop that happens to sell jewellery rather than a jeweller. Not my cup of tea.

Anyway, I asked to see their version out of interest and the metal was rough, IMO not as neatly placed, and the movement between the links was stiff and clunky. Not a patch on the quality of mine.

Out of interest I compared the specs and price:

- James Allen 2tcw, H-I, SI1-2, 14k WG, AU$2494 on sale plus 15%ish tax and customs = $2868 approx.

- Michael Hill 2tcw, HIJ, I2-I3, 14k WG, AU$5499

Obviously I exclude real artisans, quality jewellers and so on from this assessment, but this blows my mind.

299699CB-2320-4723-9A97-F800698D8FB1.jpeg

The cost of jewellery and diamonds here in Aus really is extraordinary. As much as I love supporting local businesses, I'll never purchase a significant piece of jewellery here, it's so hard to justify the cost when I could get something cheaper or of a higher carat weight from overseas.

I have a 3ctw tennis bracelet from IDJ. A local jeweller has an almost identical bracelet for three times what i paid for mine.

APlaceForEverything

Rough_Rock
The cost of jewellery and diamonds here in Aus really is extraordinary. As much as I love supporting local businesses, I'll never purchase a significant piece of jewellery here, it's so hard to justify the cost when I could get something cheaper or of a higher carat weight from overseas.

I have a 3ctw tennis bracelet from IDJ. A local jeweller has an almost identical bracelet for three times what i paid for mine.

Your bracelet sounds lovely - please share a photo!
And so much yes. I’d try to buy from a local artist but the standard stuff … especially when it’s not from anywhere special - just ridiculous pricing. I get it if there are local costs, but for those bulk manufacturing shops there is nothing special or bespoke in what they do so their prices don’t make sense.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bracelet sounds lovely - please share a photo!
And so much yes. I’d try to buy from a local artist but the standard stuff … especially when it’s not from anywhere special - just ridiculous pricing. I get it if there are local costs, but for those bulk manufacturing shops there is nothing special or bespoke in what they do so their prices don’t make sense.

Thank you, I really love it! A perfect every day size.

BraceletIDJ 013.jpg BraceletIDJ 009.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results