shape
carat
color
clarity

How Many stones for an Eternity....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
About 2 years ago I purchased a 5 stone band from WF. I love it!! But, I decided that I want to make it into a full eternity ring. So I’ve been slowly buying stones ranging from .51-.54ct. and am wondering how many stones will I need for a size 8-8/12 finger? (this is going to be a right hand ring.)
I’ve checked Facets site and I saw that for a size 8.5, they have 17 stones at about .45ct each. Will I also need that many diamonds even though my stones are slightly larger?

Their setting is also the Raphael one but I want either WF Uternity (which I think I have now with my 5 stone.) Or am thinking having Leon Mege make it. Does the setting make a difference in terms of how many stones?

As I really don’t want to ever upgrade my e-ring stone, I figured this ring will cure any long term DSS

11.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Things will vary a little based on the setting and diameter of the stones-but it should be close to the # for the facets ring. When you are getting close I would start enquiring with vendors to find out exactly what you need.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hi Elle,

I can''t really comment on how many stones you''ll need but can say that the setting you select will determine the amount. I had an eternity with 27 .16 pointers that was set a bit high on my finger. When Leon reset it, he only needed to use 24 of them.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Elle, do you have any idea what a .50 sticking out on each side will feel like? I''m thinking that will be a very uncomfortable ring
33.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 12:21:07 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Elle, do you have any idea what a .50 sticking out on each side will feel like? I''m thinking that will be a very uncomfortable ring
33.gif
I was thinking this as well. I''d try one on in that weight before going for it. I don''t think I could tolerate it!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Hi Elle,

I cannot comment on how many stones you will need, but I can tell you that my band is very comfortable. I can easily stack it with my 3 stone ring and several other eternity bands that I have. My uternity is 13 rbc''s between .53 and .55.

Have fun with your project, I can''t wait to see it finished
2.gif

Roppongi

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your responses.

Neat and CDNinNYC- I think I''m going to go the Leon route with this one. When I get to 14 stones, I''m giving him a call.

Purrfect and Icekid- I can''t find any eternity rings with stones that size or I would. I''m not too worried though because the sides of my 5 stone already touch my other finger and I doesn''t bother me. It did at first but i got used to it.

Roppongi- was your ring made my a local jeweler or a PS vendor?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
elle, do you have a tiffany''s around you? they sometimes have really large eternity bands. I would really suggest trying to find one to try on. that size ring will be huge. demelza had a 5 stone made up with 5 .50''s and it''s now on consignment. maybe she''ll chime in as to all her reasons but I think the size of the stones bothered her.

fun project though..

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo- Wow, I have a Tiff''s within walking distance and didn''t even think of them! Thanks!!

I''m surprised Demelza''s ring bothered her? My ring now is also a 5 stone with .50-.54 and it''s fine. But like i said earlier, it did take a bit of getting used to. This won''t be an everyday ring either- so I''m thinking even if it''s not the most comfortable, I can handle it for a few hours here and there. But heading to Tiff''s after work tomorrow. Again, thanks for the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results