shape
carat
color
clarity

How many mm wide is your halo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
I have a 2 ct solitare that I''d like to put in a halo setting. I''m working with a maker who is customizing something I like that is actually made for a larger oval stone, I put the pic below. I asked that they make the setting so that the diamond sits flush with the halo, not up and out like this topaz does, and they say they can do that, but my concern is, they say the setting will have about 1-15.ct of diamonds and the halo will be about 3mm wide around the diamond. Doesn''t that sound too thick? The diamond is 8.1mm in diameter. Is this going to be too much? I love the halo look, but I''m guessing if its not done just right, it can take a turn for the worse real quick! Also, they are giving me the choice of bezel or prong. I think I''d like prong better. How wide are your halos ladies?

tophalo.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
My halo is about half the width of that, but then again my diamond is only a 90 pointer. I think it will look nice.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Im no expert but I am in a similar boat. My ring is either going to look fabulous or be a real miss.....wont find out till I see it!

I do know that my ring will be 15mm (1.5cm) high with the halo, thats quite big!!. I have a 4 carat princess. I doubt I will have room for any other rings on the finger.

Your question is really good and gets back to the different types of pave. I think your ring looks like micro pave. Lots of smaller pave in many rows in the halo. Alternatively, you could have only one row of bigger pave and possibly take up less space??? Also when you have the pave halo sit totally flush with the centre diamond, it takes up the most width.

Ideally you will get a wax mould to see if it is acceptable. I am pestering my h. to give me this option as I have NO idea how the ring will feel or look!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results