shape
carat
color
clarity

How many members do you have on your ignore list?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zilch, as I did not realise such feature exists on PS!!!

Not planning to ignore anyone using this feature though, as I can turn on my "ignore" switch quite easily.

Not sure how the "ignore" feature works in PS, however, on other message boards I frequent with this feature, peeps could quote posts from those on my ignore list, which means I cannot ignore them 100%!

DK :))

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1477176910|4089654 said:
Dancing Fire|1477176452|4089650 said:
redwood66|1477175999|4089648 said:
I have 6 but I did not realize there were that many since some don't post regularly. Maybe time to take the old ones off.
If you ignored all the liberals here there wouldn't be anything to read.. :bigsmile:

I don't ignore based on political beliefs. I ignore based on nastiness. Sometimes I peek but it is better for me if I do not read their posts because my health is more important to me than any shit starter on PS. There is a difference between having a discussion and being hateful.

I wouldn't ignore based on political beliefs either.
With that said, I don't have anyone on an ignore list. I've turned and walked away from threads before (and not gone back), but that's not reason to ignore someone because while we might differ in one thread, we might not in another.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had one person on my ignore list but at times it got difficult to follow a thread so I un-ignored them and just do a manual
ignore. All good!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1477235215|4089772 said:
I've turned and walked away from threads before (and not gone back), but that's not reason to ignore someone because while we might differ in one thread, we might not in another.

I have thought about this since telephone made her post and initially thought I agreed with her. However, much like others have said they would not respect someone who said or supported someone who did racist, misogynistic, sexist, xenophobic, etc. things, I do not need to read posts of people who are nasty and disrespectful because someone does not agree with them. I would not keep a person like that as a friend IRL and really do not care to read what they have to say here.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Sun-tzu
Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC)​

I do not actually think that people named as "foes" under the Pricescope system are perceived by people who place them on the "foes" list as enemies. As I was thinking of the ignore concept, this quotation came to mind, however.

Q

Queenie60

None - if I don't like it, I leave it alone. I simply skip the posts that I don't wish to read.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
None, but I did find out how to do it thanks to Kenny's info in this thread. :read: I generally like reading what other people have to say. It opens my mind up and oftentimes makes me think about things from another point of view. :dance:

However, I probably would use it if someone were consistently making personal attacks, etc.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't know about this option so I have none and I don't plan on using it because I enjoy seeing other perspectives even if they differ greatly from my own beliefs or opinions as long as they are presented in a respectable way.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just one person - not because of anything posted directly at or about me, but because of general nastiness. I'm not disciplined enough to just scroll past her posts, I guess. ;)) She's not a frequent poster these days, so if you're reading this, in all likelihood it isn't you!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1477267448|4089867 said:
Just one person - not because of anything posted directly at or about me, but because of general nastiness. I'm not disciplined enough to just scroll past her posts, I guess. ;)) She's not a frequent poster these days, so if you're reading this, in all likelihood it isn't you!

Whew! :dance:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two people.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just checked. A couple, but from way back, a few years ago.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None. I prefer to be aware of who is posting what, even if I dislike the person's attitude. I have no issues with someone having a different opinion or perspective.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None. I can't think of anyone I don't like.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EVERYONE!!!! :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean monologue bahahahaha :dance:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1477343747|4090161 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Playing off Broadway!!!

All shows sold-out!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey, sometimes the best conversations you can have are with yourself!

I only have one person on ignore and I don't know why because I always read their posts anyway. I'm also too lazy to jump through the hoops of taking them off ignore. Eh, whatever. And I agree with those who said "foes" isn't really an apt description. If I've never even met you, how could you be my foe? Weird. :confused:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1477347584|4090181 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey, sometimes the best conversations you can have are with yourself!

I only have one person on ignore and I don't know why because I always read their posts anyway. I'm also too lazy to jump through the hoops of taking them off ignore. Eh, whatever. And I agree with those who said "foes" isn't really an apt description. If I've never even met you, how could you be my foe? Weird. :confused:

Well since you ask I consider Donald Trump my (actually "our" as in the USA) foe. But fortunately and thankfully I have never met him!!!!! ;))

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never had anyone on an ignore list. If I need to ignore someone, I don't respond, or I leave the thread. Or effectively leave PS for up to a year at a time. I've fallen off in the past to the point I that I even made the MIA list But I'm back in for a bit. I've even been hanging around in pre-loved for possibilities. (It's been a while since I've had a "project")

There was one person I would have liked to ignore - as in not see posts by - back in the day. But I didn't, even then. (Not sure you could do that on the old board anyway) I'd rather be reminded of the things I'd like to avoid, than silo myself with people who are always perfectly nice or agree totally with me. Luckily though, I haven't seen a post by her in donkey's years.

Razz

Rough_Rock
I've never had to ignore anyone before, and I don't think I'll ever use that feature no matter what forum I'm on. I can 'ignore' what I don't want to experience without actually taking steps to 'push' it away because I learned pretty early on in my life that what I resist persists.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1477179183|4089663 said:
I had no idea "ignore" existed here. I can't think of anyone to bring it out for. What I value about pricescope is the wide variety of people here and I've learned a lot when I've asked for help and advice.

(Now that I think about it, there was one poster a few years back who posted creepy stuff about his wife and their relationship but he hasn't been back. I would use ignore if he was still here posting about his wife.)

Exactly. There is an ignore button?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results