shape
carat
color
clarity

How many “carats” for the 40th School Reunion ?

MelMc

Rough_Rock
Confuse her. Acknowledge the diamond then comment that it's a pity she couldn't get it in a decent setting before the reunion. She'll spend the rest of the evening wondering what is wrong with her ring.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Confuse her. Acknowledge the diamond then comment that it's a pity she couldn't get it in a decent setting before the reunion. She'll spend the rest of the evening wondering what is wrong with her ring.
:lol:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my gosh, I started to read this thread but I had to stop because I found it too upsetting!

I just want to say that I think you should wear all your best stuff if you definitely decide to go.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my gosh, I started to read this thread but I had to stop because I found it too upsetting!

I just want to say that I think you should wear all your best stuff if you definitely decide to go.

Keep reading! It turns hilarious and awesome. Bron is just too wonderful for words.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to read about all the juicy details, but I guess the reunion hasn't happened? Please post pictures of the final jewelry selection Bron!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
*sigh* life’s not a competition, I wonder what’s gone on with this woman that she feels like she still needs this kind of validation as a grown ass woman.

I agree with others, peaked in high school. That’s why these women have organised the reunion, they don’t really have anything better to do than try and recapture the time in their lives where they had a semblance of power and influence. Feel sorry for them.

I’m my experience apathy, indifference and pity are the best weapons against bullies. At school there was a group of girls who tried to bully me for a while. Honestly I just acted so indifferent and above it they gave up. Yep, (I’m pale as eff, so what? What’s your point? They’re my legs I know what colour they are:rolleyes:) I remember at our graduation dinner they came up to me to play nice and apologise, called me by name and trying hug it out or whatever. I told them I don’t even know who they are (I literally had not bothered to learn even one of their names) and walked off. Sorry, find another way to absolve your guilty conscience because I give no effs.

You just do you, wear what you want, hang out with who you want, have fun. If this nasty woman talks to you, a good pitying look and condescending tone and then turn your back to her.
Otherwise, yeah totally do the sash and tiara thing:lol-2: because that’s awesome

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl:So, is the reunion tonight? I can’t wait to see what you decided to wear! Can’t wait to hear all about the evening!!!:twisted2:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl:So, is the reunion tonight? I can’t wait to see what you decided to wear! Can’t wait to hear all about the evening!!!:twisted2:
+1 Knock em dead! Well, not literally. :bigsmile: ;))

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh ! It is tonight! Don't for get the pictures! Sending you the best thoughts and good luck! :))

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sending you the best, remember we have your back!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D3BA04E2-5C61-4785-A2F6-8FC449BFAAB5.jpeg 42F6FCBC-1AEF-4C72-847A-2C8CB77561F1.jpeg Well, last night was the night.
Strangely the “nasty group” were a no show.
And I wore my full compliment of jewels.
One comment was “ are they real, like real diamonds?”
My big necklace was a hit, everyone loved it, it is so unusual. I love it.
Then I had a few “consultations” - what’s stone is this, is this a good diamond”. Ha ha. I was surprised more people were interested in my gem hobby than someone’s exotic overseas posting, 6 stores house etc etc. yes, there was a bit of “look what I got” going on.
One lady had a Ruby ring, about .80 carat, and she proceeded to tell everyone how they were worth 10 times more than diamonds.
She had spotted my engagement ring and proclaimed that even though my diamond was big, her ruby was really rare and valuable.
“You want to see my Rubies” I asked. :lol-2:
I’ve now got a group coming over for lunch today so I’m off to clean the house!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D3BA04E2-5C61-4785-A2F6-8FC449BFAAB5.jpeg 42F6FCBC-1AEF-4C72-847A-2C8CB77561F1.jpeg Well, last night was the night.
Strangely the “nasty group” were a no show.
And I wore my full compliment of jewels.
One comment was “ are they real, like real diamonds?”
My big necklace was a hit, everyone loved it, it is so unusual. I love it.
Then I had a few “consultations” - what’s stone is this, is this a good diamond”. Ha ha. I was surprised more people were interested in my gem hobby than someone’s exotic overseas posting, 6 stores house etc etc. yes, there was a bit of “look what I got” going on.
One lady had a Ruby ring, about .80 carat, and she proceeded to tell everyone how they were worth 10 times more than diamonds.
She had spotted my engagement ring and proclaimed that even though my diamond was big, her ruby was really rare and valuable.
“You want to see my Rubies” I asked. :lol-2:
I’ve now got a group coming over for lunch today so I’m off to clean the house!
Yay! I'm glad all went well.
Now is your chance to educate them all on gemstones!:appl:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps the nasty group thought it would be funny to set something up for 'the saps' and then not turn up? Except the joke's on them because you all had a lovely time without them! lol

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So glad that you had a good time! Wait till your classmates see your jem collection, how fun!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad it went well! I hope your lunch was just as fun. ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad this turned out to be such a good time. :appl:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am glad you had a great night! It sounds like there was only one dumb/ ego centered comment over the ruby lady but that otherwise it went well! I hope you had a great lunch too!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect!!! I'm so excited for you!

Only drawback is that I'm super jealous now that I can't play with THOSE RUBIES:love::love::love:,too

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just wonderful and it’s sounds like you looked fabulous and had a great night. And as for those losers, some people are just irrelevant and don’t matter. :sleep:
I think deep down they knew it too.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Hurray I’m glad the mean girls didn’t show up (their loss!) and you turned your seat near the toilet into a hotbed of jewelry talk and diamond consultation!

And the best part is now that you have these ladies at your house oohing over rubies and all, word will probably get back to the mean girls and it will be hard for them to ever say anything to shade you again aside from old nicknames which have no power anymore.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And please post a shot of you in full blingy splendour!!!!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I just made my way to this thread.
Is this real life?

Do some grown women really act that way?
I feel awful for the poor man that got stuck with her :/
She's a doozy that one

I just honestly cant imagine reading those words and knowing it came from a woman in her 50s.....seems more like what you'd expect from a middle schooler.

To me, the best revenge is none at all.
Not caring whether to one up the bullies or not and just learning to love yourself and dance in the lane you've been given. Make it look so good that they question their own selves.

Beautiful rubies by the way!
Also I hope you post a picture of some of thr lovelies you wore that night. (:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What time is lunch? We’re all coming! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Bron357, I am so happy that your reunion went well! I hope that your friend had a good time, too. You are such a kind person to go for her sake! Wish I could at your house for the viewing of the rubies! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results