shape
carat
color
clarity

How long to have a custom setting made?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LGail

Shiny_Rock
I am working with a vendor now to see about having a semi-custom setting made. By semi-custom I mean combining several different characters from several different settings that I like of the vendors. I have a few questions. How long does the whole process normally take? Should the vendor provide me with detailed drawings before they begin making the ring? I am excited to have this done because it will be a combination of all the things I want but I am also afraid that I am not going to have a real good idea about what the finished product will look like until it is done. And if I tell the vendor that I want something, and then I don''t like it when they are done, then I am really out of luck since that isn''t the vendors fault! That is why detailed drawings would be very important to me. If anyone has this experience please let me know what I can expect. Thanks!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
every vendor is different. Did you ask for drawings?

LGail

Shiny_Rock
No, at this point I'm still waiting to see if the setting and band can be done within my price range. No money has exchanged hands at this point.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
don't ya wanna ask him what kind of communication you'll both be having during the process?
1.gif

LGail

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely, but I guess I wanted to wait to see if financially it was even feasible before I started requesting more information. If/When he comes to be and indicates that they can do it in the price range, then I was going to request all the other info, drawings etc. I just didn't know what the "standard" was for having custom settings made.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, I dig.....I'm sure a lot of people have used Whiteflash custom...maybe they can give u some info! What is the design like??? Details!!!

LGail

Shiny_Rock
Lets see if I can explain...

Platinum Pave Cathedral-like setting with X-prongs. When looking down on the diamond each of the four prongs will be split so it will look like 8 (2 prongs in each corner) The diamond will be a round brilliant. There will be about four or five small brilliants on each side of the diamond. The wedding band will match and fit as flush as possible. Each band will be 3mm. I would prefer the eternity setting but it's a little out of my price range! Does this description make sense? Does it sound like it would be nice?

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
Whiteflash told me 10 business days to have my custom made. I hope they are accurate because it's cutting it close.
Corey

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Both of my rings were made by Whiteflash. My e-ring was a TOTAL custom job and it was done in 10 days.

My w-band is a 7-stone ACA band, was promised in 10 days, and was indeed completed in 10 days.

LGail

Shiny_Rock
Well that's good news, I'll be too anxious to wait too long! I'm just ready for him to get back with me about whether or not they will be able to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results