shape
carat
color
clarity

How long is the shipping from US to Singapore via USPS ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

weevenge

Rough_Rock
Getting anxious and worried now that my diamond was shipped 8 days ago and i still havent got any news ...... anyone knows approx how long does it take to ship to singapore from US with the product being a jewellery? my past shopping experience took less than 7 days and they range from items like books, bodykits for car,clothes etc , from all over the US , it took less than 7 days ... BTW the the stone was from a apprasier via USPS , not DHL, FEDEX or UPS ...which totally puzzles me....

USPS doesnt allows me to check on status other than just telling me it has been accepted , what good is this information....

P.S .... i find that the service level of the appraiser also drop after paying their fees and after they shipped out the diamond.....maybe its time for a review session

regards

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't worry too much. USPS registered mail is very slow but safe, this is the usual method of shipping valuables such as diamonds, the diamond package is under lock and key unless it is actually moving and has to be signed for each time the package changes hands. Also these can travel by odd routes depending on when the reg mail bag is full and the items various destinations. 8 days isn't very long at all in the usual timeframe of USPS reg mail I am sure the package is fine! Sometimes three weeks isn't unusual and it can be longer than this.
32.gif
I have used this mail method a few times and it has always been fine. The tracking numbers aren't normally much help. Hang in there, I am sure it will be with you anytime. As Rich Sherwood said with reg mail, don't worry - be happy, lost packages are a rarity and I believe him! BTW with reg mail I have heard it can take a week to 10 days to get from one side of the States to the other, gives you an idea of how slow it can be. Remember too that all vendors will only accept return diamonds by this method, so it must be safe it they trust it! I think I am right in remebering that vendors are insured to send diamonds out by Fedex etc, but an appraiser or customer won't be able to insure the package to do it this way, that's why returns must be made by USPS reg. Therefore the appraiser would be unable to send the diamond to you with a courier if I remember rightly. Hope this makes you feel a bit better, your diamond may be not travelling at top speed but it will be safe.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t shipped to Singapore via USPS, but one thing I can tell you is don''t worry, it will get there. The US Postal Service is the safest method of transport in the world today.

Your other purchases were probably sent Priority Mail, whereas this package was undoubtedly sent Registered Mail, which is quite a bit slower because of the increased security procedures. My guess when considering your question was 9 to 14 days.

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
I''ve bought jewellery from vendors in Thailand (not Singapore, I know, but not a million miles away) which has been sent by regular mail rather than courier and it always takes around ten days to get from there to west coast USA. I don''t think eight days is cause to worry.

weevenge

Rough_Rock
Ok thanks everyone , you guys assurance sure give me a peace of mind, hopefully it will arrive soon

cheers!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
I just shipped a couple of weeks ago to Singapore via USPS and had no problems!

Took about 8 days.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results