shape
carat
color
clarity

How long have you been on Pricescope??

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been here 8 3/4 years! Found PS while googling around for diamonds.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm on PS about 5.5 years. I found it as I was searching for pictures of Tiffany Lucida as I had seen a magazine pic of it and fell in love.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I started lurking after my now husband proposed in Dec 2009 and joined in April 2010. After he proposed, I went online to find out if the diamond was good quality, based on the GIA report and I stumbled across this site.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1321713866|3065140 said:
I've been here 8 3/4 years! Found PS while googling around for diamonds.

Yes, MC, like Karl you go back to the time before the dawn of time! How does it feel to be so ancient (in Pricescope years)?

Deb (part of your cohort)
:saint:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Exactly 3 years this past Tuesday ! I missed my Pricescope anniversary. I was a lurker for a while before then. I actually cannot remember what I was searching for on Google when I found the site. Probably a LIW topic - I was waiting for DH to propose.

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
it's easy to see how long we've all been here...

<------LOOK HERE

anyhoo, i'd been lurking - without being a member - a site called diamondtalk.com. that was WAY long ago: when i was engaged in 2001! i had initially been proposed to with a sapphire which i'd liked and wanted and was convinced that diamonds were boring and so overdone...

my memory is sorta hazy... something happened to diamondtalk.com. i think a lot of peeps moved over to this site, including myself. however i lurked on this site for a VERY LONG TIME before actually joining and posting here & there.

well, obviously my tastes have changed! never knew i was a diamond nut until AFTER the proposal. ended up getting an "upgrade" diamond from a pawn shop in detroit: a very included emerald-cut. ended up trading in a few years later for a very lovely, keeper of a princess cut.

that's my story.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I've been here for 3 years (and 3 days) :wink2: I found PS while googling "asscher diamonds" when DH offered me an upgrade.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard about it from another forum that was fighting. Read for a long time before I decided to sign up. So glad I did, I rarely go a day without at least reading the forums.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just under 4 years. Anniversary is December 17th.

I found it when I was googling Tiffany Swing Ring. Which I still don't have....

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'll be here 2 years in March. I found this site after it was recommended to me from a Ravelry member. I had posted that I wanted a sparklie for a birthday present (and then was made to feel as though I was a spoiled brat), she pm'ed me and sent me here. My obsession for sparklies has only increased over the time I've been here. I have learned so much! And have started to get dh convinced that buying online diamonds is ok. ;-) One day I will have the sparklies I want (currently wanting a 5 stone 1.75 carat or 7 stone 2.1 carat).... :cheeky:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1321672259|3064908 said:
I started reading PS five years ago, after becoming engaged. I started posting in 2007. I have a Tacori, and I put a search on the internet for Tacori topics. One of the first to pop up was a post from Tacori E-ring here on PS, showing off her gorgeous emerald cut. I've been here ever since.

That's cool Holly!

I joined to ask a question about my Tacori engagement ring. I never imagined I would stick around. If I had I probably would have chosen a more creative name. I joined in August of 2005.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
November 3, 2009, found PS by Googling "Pala", but at first I was too scared to post. Which BTW happens at many other forums, I am usually a silent member. I never planned to use my current screen name, just used it to to register, and I do not like my screen name at all. Everywhere else I use a name which is much closer to my interests.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1321734577|3065274 said:
November 3, 2009, found PS by Googling "Pala", but at first I was too scared to post. Which BTW happens at many other forums, I am usually a silent member. I never planned to use my current screen name, just used it to to register, and I do not like my screen name at all. Everywhere else I use a name which is much closer to my interests.

You know you can change it for a good reason like that, doctor crasru! And in the beginning you can use a caption telling people that you are the poster who used to be known as, "crasru". I believe it is Logan Sapphire who did that. One just has to clear it with the admininistration (obviously). I encourage you to use a name you love. I was thinking the same thing when Tacori E-ring said she wouldn't have chosen her name if she knew how long she'd be here! I don't know why people feel they can change icons constantly (which I never do), but never change USER IDs, even for the best reasons on earth!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been here for over 4 years. I found PS when I was searching for an answer to why my newly purchased ideal cut diamond went dark in sunlight. I lurked for quite awhile before joining. I had no idea I would stick around or post so much. In would have picked a different name.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, I guess I don't feel that strongly about it! Haha. Just sounds boring and trust me, boring I am not! If it revealed my identity or something I would have changed it long ago. Besides, people "know" me as "Tacori E-ring," might be too confusing to change now.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
About 3 1/2 years... joined in April 2008.

I came here looking at engagement rings, and found some great support from ladies in the LIW forum! I continued down the "path" to BWW, and then FHH for the pregnancy thread. I am completing the Pricescope life cycle! :cheeky:

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
About 5 years
I had a loss and came looking for a replacement ring . . . and stayed. :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came in January 2006, so almost 6 years ago! I was looking for a diamond for a new wedding set for an anniversary much later that year. It took me about 9 months to find the right diamond. And now I am probably replacing that one with something else! But I stayed because I enjoyed the people and I happen to like diamonds! :love: :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Long long time--perhaps too long for some! :devil: :bigsmile: :rodent: 2004.

At any rate, I "heard" rumors of an upgrade in my household for my 20th anni--SO started to google....this site came up and I believe David (from DBL) responded to my first post. I asked about "negotiating" on diamond prices.... :bigsmile:

What differnet place it was then.

cheers--Sharon

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
WOW - definitely feeling like one of the pioneers at this point - LOL.

My 9-year anniversary on PS is this coming week - Friday, the 25th of November. I joined in 2002, and it's been a long ride.

Deb, I don't know that it was so much drama then; I think people felt freer to disagree and to be vocal about it. I don't see that as a bad thing to be honest - I think there was much more frank conversation then, but I think many of us came to really develop respect for one another based on those days too. Most of the people I have the greatest affection for now are those who I didn't initially see eye to eye with, and my life is much richer for knowing them.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
I have been a member since 2000. I don't post a lot, but I do read the forum almost every day. Before joining I was a member of the other forum. It's been a while!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary to all the PSers whose anniversary is around now. :appl:

My dh found PS for me (and I wonder if he regrets it now LOL) in June 2008. I was resetting my ER for the 3rd time (I think it was 3rd not 100% positive) and I was trying to explain (badly I may add!) what I wanted and he googled to find pics showing what I was describing (such a sweet dh!) and he found PS. Immediately he could tell this was a place I would enjoy and he signed me up. At first I was shy and was hesitant to post (not really an internet person at that point) but I asked a few questions of the knowledgeable PSers and that is how it began for me. I think I rarely frequented PS for the first year or 2 but then as I started reading PS more I became a bit more comfortable and posted more.

What I love about PS is that you get to meet different people from all over the world and not just share a love for jewelry but share thoughts about everything. That is what I enjoy most. Learning about different viewpoints on numerous topics and even changing my mind about certain things. I welcome that because it enriches my life and shows me that I really don't know everything (anything!).

MeganR

Rough_Rock
Trade
I joined in June of 2007, I had to retire my old profile when I joined the trade. I found PS when I was looking for a picture of a real person wearing the engagement ring I wanted. I found the LIW section, spent some time as the friendly list keeper, and have been hooked ever since!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allison D.|1321770228|3065499 said:
Deb, I don't know that it was so much drama then; I think people felt freer to disagree and to be vocal about it. I don't see that as a bad thing to be honest - I think there was much more frank conversation then, but I think many of us came to really develop respect for one another based on those days too. Most of the people I have the greatest affection for now are those who I didn't initially see eye to eye with, and my life is much richer for knowing them.

Al-

I respect your experience with Pricescope. The drama for me was not so much here on this "new" site as on the site from which I came and in the transition from it to Pricescope. The other site was really, really new in the days on the Internet...and it was like the wild west in the beginning. I came here and started over. I used the same user ID I had used at other gem sites (for I had been on more than one by then), but I really didn't want to make the same mistakes here that I had made elsewhere. I wanted to be a really positive contributor as much of the time as possible.

Deb
:read:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alistra|1321771479|3065504 said:
I have been a member since 2000. I don't post a lot, but I do read the forum almost every day. Before joining I was a member of the other forum. It's been a while!!

That is a long time!!! You are one of the originals :appl: like Lawmax!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, this has been a fun reading how everyone found Pricescope!!! :appl: Happy Anniversary Alj and Kaleigh!!! It sounds like Nov was a GOOD month to join; I joined in Nov too!!! :D

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1321815220|3065653 said:

It's true. I found out about Alistra a few years ago. She has been a well hidden little secret!!!

Deb

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1321815531|3065656 said:

It's true. I found out about Alistra a few years ago. She has been a well hidden little secret!!!

Deb

haha, she needs to come out and play more often!!! I am glad she sticks around! How cool is that to be here from practically the beginning??!?! :D :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1321815645|3065659 said:
AGBF|1321815531|3065656 said:

haha, she needs to come out and play more often!!! I am glad she sticks around!

Yeah...and she wears a flaming chalice, too! (I'm waiting for her to explain that one, Skippy.)

Deb

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I've been a member for sooo long, I can't remember the exact year I joined. It was definitely around 2001 but most likely earlier. Like others here, also participated on another forum before ending up here. I haven't posted in ages but look around every now and again.
Love the bling !!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results