shape
carat
color
clarity

How long does it usually take?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
How long does it usually take for a vendor to get back in touch with someone regarding pricing info. for engagement settings/ideas you''ve sent? I''m not in any rush (and I know Valentine''s Day is coming up) but I''m anxious to hear from a particular vendor. It''s been almost 2 weeks. I''ve e-mailed twice and I''m waiting to call until more time passes. I don''t want to be a nuisance.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG 2 weeks? Pick up that phone! If it''s been 2-3 days and I haven''t heard even a ''got your email, checking on xyz'' I would call...let alone 2 weeks having gone by!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I agree with FireGoddess, pick up that phone! And also check your spam filter. A number of people have encountered that problem lately, with e-mails from vendors being sent to junk mail.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It seems like a silly question, but I''ve been thinking about this constantly. I just didn''t want to overwhelm the person I spoke with originally. I''ll call tomorrow though.

On a side note, is it common practice to ask for multiple quotes from a few vendors at once? I don''t see anything wrong with doing this but I wasn''t sure.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
ETA: I check my e-mail religiously (junk mail and regular) and I haven''t heard anything yet.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 7:37:20 PM
Author: zoebartlett

On a side note, is it common practice to ask for multiple quotes from a few vendors at once? I don''t see anything wrong with doing this but I wasn''t sure.

i think most people get a few quotes b/f deciding on a vendor..nothing wrong with that at all.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely check out quotes from a few people...nothing wrong with that.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually call after not hearing back after a couple of days. Some vendors are better on the phone than email...and vice versa.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine took a message cause the office was closed and called me back within three days. The day the office opened again. So if your interested you better call again someone is dropping your message.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems like a silly question, but I''ve been thinking about this constantly. I just didn''t want to overwhelm the person I spoke with originally. I''ll call tomorrow though.

You don''t want to ask two vendors to look for stones for you at the same time. That way you end up competing against yourself! But check prices, settings available and how well you like the staff. Then pick a vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results