shape
carat
color
clarity

How long does it take a b&m jeweler to source a diamond?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The waiting begins. I’m looking into possible upgrading my 2.52 mrb with my jeweler. I texted him my wish list and he replied to give him a few weeks to source a few choices. That was last week and yes, I realize that I am so excited and impatient that waiting this out will be torture! First world problem—I know—but if not here, where can I vent! Lol. Anyhow. Back to my question. Anyone have any idea what a few weeks really means?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
What are you hoping to upgrade to?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are you hoping to upgrade to?

It really will be a modest upgrade. I’m hoping to hit 2.8 plus, H color and si1 clarity and stay in the same cut grade.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
What is your current stone’s color and clarity?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me a few weeks means 2-3. I don’t think Covid helps speed up the process either. Hard to wait when you’re excited about something. How exciting!

Thank you! Tbh, I’m almost afraid to be excited Bc I know it’s going to be a challenge and these are the times when I wish I would have gone with an online vendor instead. My jeweler makes it difficult to upgrade and I can totally understand why, given the nature of the business. Anyhow, I hope he comes through like he did the last time. But I’m not gonna bank on it.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may just take him longer but hopefully he’ll find you something you’ll love. Fingers crossed!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
2.52 I, SI2 to a 2.8 H, SI1... I’m not sure it’s worth the effort. I think the fact that this isn’t a big jump in any category may be impacting your jeweler’s efforts to find you some options. If I were you, I would hold off and save up to make a jump to something larger than 2.8 or to a better color than an H.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.52 I, SI2 to a 2.8 H, SI1... I’m not sure it’s worth the effort. I think the fact that this isn’t a big jump in any category may be impacting your jeweler’s efforts to find you some options. If I were you, I would hold off and save up to make a jump to something larger than 2.8 or to a better color than an H.

Yeah. It’s not like I’m working with Whiteflash where I have the luxury to upgrade for a dollar! Lol. But to be fair to him, I did ask him if it was a good time to do this and he said of course! That is why I got the ball rolling. I should clarify I requested a 2.8 plus—sorry. Not up to 2.8. But I don’t have any intention of hitting the 3 carat price tag so hopefully he can find me something close without the mark-up.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I would imagine you will need to get a new mounting?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would imagine you will need to get a new mounting?

Yes but I have several settings that I plan to sell off or trade up with him, so that’s no an issue.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Yes but I have several settings that I plan to sell off or trade up with him, so that’s no an issue.

That’s good!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may just take him longer but hopefully he’ll find you something you’ll love. Fingers crossed!

I guess that the advantage of loving my stone is that I won’t be heartbroken if he doesn’t—or maybe that’s what I’m telling myself to mentally prepare myself. Lol

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think diamond availability is on the short side these days so it may take a bit. I know it is hard to wait but let's hope it will be worth it for you in the end!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think diamond availability is on the short side these days so it may take a bit. I know it is hard to wait but let's hope it will be worth it for you in the end!

Thanks for the support! And reality check. Hubby has warned me not to pester our jeweler. Lol. So I figured starting a thread would be a good outlet.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the support! And reality check. Hubby has warned me not to pester our jeweler. Lol. So I figured starting a thread would be a good outlet.

Ha! It's hard not to pester when you just want the darn phone to ring!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
2.8 to 2.99ct is never in big supply because there is so much more money in hitting 3ct.
A large portion of the suppy is still locked up so a few weeks might be longer.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.8 to 2.99ct is never in big supply because there is so much more money in hitting 3ct.
A large portion of the suppy is still locked up so a few weeks might be longer.

Ugh

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Exciting! What are you planning for the style of setting?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting! What are you planning for the style of setting?

I haven’t dared to dream that far yet! Lol. So I’ll prob go with a stock solitaire

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it’s been 2 weeks and no word yet. I guess a few weeks doesn’t mean 2 weeks, that’s for sure:angryfire:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it’s been 2 weeks and no word yet. I guess a few weeks doesn’t mean 2 weeks, that’s for sure:angryfire:

I hope it won't be too much longer. I am sure it is just a sign of the times but hopefully every day gets a bit better for availability!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it won't be too much longer. I am sure it is just a sign of the times but hopefully every day gets a bit better for availability!

Hopefully! Ugh. I think I’ve accepted that a few weeks might lead into a few months. Thanks for letting me vent!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I’ve heard of some people trading in their non WF stones to WF and then getting into that upgrade program. Maybe you can have them evaluate it to see if your stone would be eligible.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. So he offered me this stone but the hca score is terrible. Am I missing something?
05210A56-2147-41FE-A73C-3E54A45F5538.png

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
63 depth and 41.8 Pavillion this is not a well cut stone i would definitely pass on this one. The HCA is not giving a good score because of the very steep Pavillion angle is my guess.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results