shape
carat
color
clarity

How long does a tube of lipstick last if used daily?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
but they're also 25-35+ dollars/tube usually

This is why I'm trying to actually USE my lipsticks - they're all nice brands such as Givenchy, Becca, Tilbury, etc. I cannot have it all sitting there!! I really wanted to know how long it would take me to use them. I got many of them on-sale during lockdown, but still. I already had a big stash before lockdown, too, and I've been ordering like crazy during the last 14 months. If you include all lip products such as clear balms, I've got approx. 200 lip products. I am SO GLAD to know I can use one up in approx. 4 weeks.

When I wear lipstick, I don't like it to wear off, so I apply five swipes in one application. Imagine a windshield wipe: Over and back on the top lip, over and back on the bottom lip, and one single swipe on the top for good measure, and mash lips together. Then a touch-up application is just a single one-way swipe on top and then the bottom. I prob. do three applications and two touch-ups per day. So that's 19 swipes per day. Possibly I'm overthinking this!

What I have noticed since I'm not wearing lipstick all the time is how much softer my lips have become...its so weird but I really like it. I kinda don't want to mess that up...lol

Are they matte or long-wear lipsticks? Those can be quite drying.

Thankfully Not matte. I never liked them. I have Chanel, Bite Beauty, Lisa Eldridge (love her lippies) and a couple of YSL's One of the YSL's is a liquid lippie. I used to have a whole lot because I had an addiction and had to pare down the lipstick drawer.

I had to really stop myself when Bite had their last sale (it was good, I just didn't "need" anything) and those tend to go bad first, so I really try not to overbuy them.

My makeup is in my closet, which is also air conditioned, and I think that probably helps. Even though Bite will go bad, Its like after 3 years or so, especially if I used it.

I pan eye shadow way faster than lipstick though.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, Lisa Eldridge...I don't have any of hers. Hmmm....One more lipstick won't make any difference, right?? (Many of the 200 are lip glosses. Just saying.) :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, Lisa Eldridge...I don't have any of hers. Hmmm....One more lipstick won't make any difference, right?? (Many of the 200 are lip glosses. Just saying.) :lol:

her lipsticks go quick but man they have some of the best coverage. I got turned on to her by my neice and bought her first velvet collection. Her lippies are really about the undertone. I've got colors that I would swear I'd never wear but....wore them and they looked fantastic.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, now I'm going to HAVE to buy one! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results