shape
carat
color
clarity

How long did your Scott Kay take?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

downtownfish

Rough_Rock
I was told by Scott Kay it would take 10-15 days to complete an order. My jeweler said three to four weeks. Just wondering what I should expect, based on others who have ordered a ring from them. Also it is not custom, just something they did not have in stock.
Thanks

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Mine took about 4 weeks from when I sent the stone to Pearlman''s to when I received my ring.

downtownfish

Rough_Rock
Do you know if pearlmans had the ring, or did they order it for you?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Pearlmans did not have it in stock and had to order it for me. Actually, I sent my diamond dimensions to them so SK could start working on it. I then mailed my diamond to Pearlmans, they sent it to Scott Kay, SK made the ring, and sent it back to Pearlmans, who then sent it to me. My ''lil diamond was travelling!

downtownfish

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I keep reading on here about sending Scott kay thier diamond to have the ring made around the diamond. I did not do this because the jeweler said there is no need. I even called back and told them that it seems everyone else sends thier diamond(s) to them to get the ring made around the diamond. She measured the diamond ad gave the dimensions to Scott Kay, and I''m asumming she did this so the ring could be made to those specs. I also asked if Scott Kay should set the stone or them, and the response was we have been setting SK rings for 20 years, and warranty everything we do. Do you think I should call back and request the diamond to be sent in and set by Scott kay.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I personally would be more comfortable having Scott Kay set the stone, since that is what I did. That said, if you trust the jeweler, and you are sure that they are making the ring specific to your stone, then you should be okay.

ETA: Double check the warranty if someone other than SK sets your stone.

downtownfish

Rough_Rock
I will give them some time to open up this morning, but I am going to call before my lunch break to make sure of all these details.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results