shape
carat
color
clarity

How long did you lurk??

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I just noticed we have 137 members online and 500 guests... How long were you a lurker before joining? What made you want to come out of lurking?

I was a lurked for 2 months and I finally came out when I had pictures of my ERing to share

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I lurked for about the same. From the beginning of December 2009 till the end of January 2010.

I was bursting to know about my one carat RB because it sure didn't look like everyone else's here!! You can probably guess why! ( here is a hint :errrr: :nono: :blackeye: :oops: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, fast forward almost one and a half years and a consignement later. I am no longer a lurker and also the very proud owner of a 1.7 H&A RB from GOG!!!! :praise: :praise: :praise: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I lurked for about a year and a half :-o

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1305047343|2917470 said:
I lurked for about a year and a half :-o

Bella....... why so long? :errrr:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I lurked for about a day....I had questions that needed answered. It took me another week to realize it's not polite to thread jack....oops :oops:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lurked for about a year (found the forum in late 2003 and lurked on and off through 2004). Mara and Alj were two very vocal consumers back then and I thought they were crazy and wanted nothing to do with them so I didn't participate. :tongue: Now, 7 years later, they are the only two PSers I've met. They are still crazy though. :rodent:

I posted a few times in 2005, but didn't start really actively posting until 2006, I think. So I lurked mostly through 2005 too.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
0 days I think? I just wanted people to help me out with my ering :razz:

Viola

Shiny_Rock
I think I lurked for 2 years prior to becoming a member. I mostly lurk now too, which makes me feel like I "know" people here, especially the longtime members who post frequently, and then I realize that I don't. Odd feeling.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I didn't lurk at all. I was super sick and stuck in bed on New Year's Day when I found PS by searching for e-ring settings. I think I had seen links to PS before in my searches but didn't know what it was so I just ignored them.

If I recall correctly, my first post was asking what ERD stood for. Guess that shows how little I lurked before diving in! :cheeky:

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
I lurked for about a year and a half. I mostly read the LIW section, looked at bling and read up on different cuts/diamond education. I didn't join until my SO and I seriously started talking about engagement and looking at stones. Almost one year later and we still don't have a ring, we bought a house instead :))

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I think I only lurked for just a few days or so.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Viola|1305048078|2917488 said:
I think I lurked for 2 years prior to becoming a member. I mostly lurk now too, which makes me feel like I "know" people here, especially the longtime members who post frequently, and then I realize that I don't. Odd feeling.

I lurked for years too. My sister told me about the site in late 2003 when she was looking for an engagement ring. I remember reading lots and lots of posts by Mara. :)) I used to lurk in the SMTR forum and admire everyone's jewelry, but I didn't post until I became a LIW last year.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 day

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Long enough to register. So maybe 2 minutes. :cheeky:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Viola|1305048078|2917488 said:

I know. It really is funny how you think you "know" people on PS.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I'm not exactly sure, but I think it must have been about 3 months or more.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lurked for several months, at least. I've never posted on any other online forums, so I was really hesitant to join. I found PS because I was anxious about my relationship at the time and the LIW community was exactly what I needed.

PS remains the only forum on which I post. I've lurked on some forums for writers, but never joined.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I lurked for about 18 months or so. I found the site when I was researching e-rings and even after I got mine, just wasn't inclined to register and start a thread for it. I have no idea why. I finally registered when one day I popped on and there was a thread asking if you could clean your ring using the steam wand of an espresso machine. I'd been doing it for years, so I figured I'd chime in.

I tend to lurk more than I post even now. I read a lot of threads, but if everything I would have said has already been captured, I just don't see the point in rehashing, so I don't.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I lurked from November 2007 until May 2008 (so 6 months)
when I had a question about a stone.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
Two years ;-)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, 16 days. That blows my mind. I never usually lurk. I find a forum and either post that first day or decide it's lame and move on.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 5 years...I didn't have any questions....

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I didn't lurk. I came here for specific advice, devoured tons of info in a couple days and then jumped in. Lurking seems creepy to me. I wonder why people don't announce that they are here. It's like peeping in windows or something.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lurked for a few weeks. Mostly because I had a hard time figuring out how to join. I couldn't get my computer to work. Once I figured it out, I never looked back.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe a couple of days or so...I am not really an internet person (at least I wasn't at the time) and I had never joined a forum but I was in the process of resetting my ER and I had questions so...PS is a very helpful community and I really enjoy the different points of view on more than just diamonds 8)

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
a few days. I keep finding myself back on the website. so much infor on here.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I think I lurked for a month or two. I can't remember exactly. I'm still not the most active poster, but I have spurts where I follow more closely.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
PS kept popping up when I was searching for e-rings. Initially, I was turned off-- I'm not into forums whatsoever. Then I came across PS's Knowledge page, which basically gave me everything I wanted, and I realized I was looking in all the wrong places. Pricescope has everything I need. I only joined when I started getting quotes from an ebay diamond seller, Bella Diamonds, to find out if they're legit. Then I learned the "evils" of EGL :lol: So genuinely lurk? Can't say, I didn't even find Hangout until recently. So I'll estimate about a month.

Now however, I lurk more than post. :ugeek:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I began a search for an eternity band in September 2004. I kept being directed here. Having never been on an online forum this was all new to me. I was cautious. But I got sucked in. Loved the intelligence of the posters. Then one day in November I said ok jumping in. It's been such a blessing in so many ways...

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Same story as Haven except I lurked for about a week. LIW was my happy place.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results