Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

How long did you lurk??

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I just noticed we have 137 members online and 500 guests... How long were you a lurker before joining? What made you want to come out of lurking?

I was a lurked for 2 months and I finally came out when I had pictures of my ERing to share

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I lurked for about the same. From the beginning of December 2009 till the end of January 2010.

I was bursting to know about my one carat RB because it sure didn't look like everyone else's here!! You can probably guess why! ( here is a hint :errrr: :nono: :blackeye: :oops: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, fast forward almost one and a half years and a consignement later. I am no longer a lurker and also the very proud owner of a 1.7 H&A RB from GOG!!!! :praise: :praise: :praise: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1305047343|2917470 said:
I lurked for about a year and a half :-o
Bella....... why so long? :errrr:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I lurked for about a day....I had questions that needed answered. It took me another week to realize it's not polite to thread jack....oops :oops:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lurked for about a year (found the forum in late 2003 and lurked on and off through 2004). Mara and Alj were two very vocal consumers back then and I thought they were crazy and wanted nothing to do with them so I didn't participate. :tongue: Now, 7 years later, they are the only two PSers I've met. They are still crazy though. :rodent:

I posted a few times in 2005, but didn't start really actively posting until 2006, I think. So I lurked mostly through 2005 too.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
0 days I think? I just wanted people to help me out with my ering :razz:

Viola

Shiny_Rock
I think I lurked for 2 years prior to becoming a member. I mostly lurk now too, which makes me feel like I "know" people here, especially the longtime members who post frequently, and then I realize that I don't. Odd feeling.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I didn't lurk at all. I was super sick and stuck in bed on New Year's Day when I found PS by searching for e-ring settings. I think I had seen links to PS before in my searches but didn't know what it was so I just ignored them.

If I recall correctly, my first post was asking what ERD stood for. Guess that shows how little I lurked before diving in! :cheeky:

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
I lurked for about a year and a half. I mostly read the LIW section, looked at bling and read up on different cuts/diamond education. I didn't join until my SO and I seriously started talking about engagement and looking at stones. Almost one year later and we still don't have a ring, we bought a house instead :))

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I think I only lurked for just a few days or so.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Viola|1305048078|2917488 said:
I think I lurked for 2 years prior to becoming a member. I mostly lurk now too, which makes me feel like I "know" people here, especially the longtime members who post frequently, and then I realize that I don't. Odd feeling.
I lurked for years too. My sister told me about the site in late 2003 when she was looking for an engagement ring. I remember reading lots and lots of posts by Mara. :)) I used to lurk in the SMTR forum and admire everyone's jewelry, but I didn't post until I became a LIW last year.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 day

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Long enough to register. So maybe 2 minutes. :cheeky:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Viola|1305048078|2917488 said:

I know. It really is funny how you think you "know" people on PS.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I'm not exactly sure, but I think it must have been about 3 months or more.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lurked for several months, at least. I've never posted on any other online forums, so I was really hesitant to join. I found PS because I was anxious about my relationship at the time and the LIW community was exactly what I needed.

PS remains the only forum on which I post. I've lurked on some forums for writers, but never joined.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I lurked for about 18 months or so. I found the site when I was researching e-rings and even after I got mine, just wasn't inclined to register and start a thread for it. I have no idea why. I finally registered when one day I popped on and there was a thread asking if you could clean your ring using the steam wand of an espresso machine. I'd been doing it for years, so I figured I'd chime in.

I tend to lurk more than I post even now. I read a lot of threads, but if everything I would have said has already been captured, I just don't see the point in rehashing, so I don't.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, 16 days. That blows my mind. I never usually lurk. I find a forum and either post that first day or decide it's lame and move on.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 5 years...I didn't have any questions....

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I didn't lurk. I came here for specific advice, devoured tons of info in a couple days and then jumped in. Lurking seems creepy to me. I wonder why people don't announce that they are here. It's like peeping in windows or something.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lurked for a few weeks. Mostly because I had a hard time figuring out how to join. I couldn't get my computer to work. Once I figured it out, I never looked back.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe a couple of days or so...I am not really an internet person (at least I wasn't at the time) and I had never joined a forum but I was in the process of resetting my ER and I had questions so...PS is a very helpful community and I really enjoy the different points of view on more than just diamonds 8)

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I think I lurked for a month or two. I can't remember exactly. I'm still not the most active poster, but I have spurts where I follow more closely.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
PS kept popping up when I was searching for e-rings. Initially, I was turned off-- I'm not into forums whatsoever. Then I came across PS's Knowledge page, which basically gave me everything I wanted, and I realized I was looking in all the wrong places. Pricescope has everything I need. I only joined when I started getting quotes from an ebay diamond seller, Bella Diamonds, to find out if they're legit. Then I learned the "evils" of EGL :lol: So genuinely lurk? Can't say, I didn't even find Hangout until recently. So I'll estimate about a month.

Now however, I lurk more than post. :ugeek:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I began a search for an eternity band in September 2004. I kept being directed here. Having never been on an online forum this was all new to me. I was cautious. But I got sucked in. Loved the intelligence of the posters. Then one day in November I said ok jumping in. It's been such a blessing in so many ways...

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.