shape
carat
color
clarity

How Long Did you Date Before Engagement?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
How old are you? 26 (He''s 27)

How long did you date before getting engaged? 4 years - with LOTS of on-and-off again

How did you meet your finance? My freshman year of college

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? We were engaged for about 2 months. There was a quickie courthouse elopement... and a big reception and chinese wedding banquet 18 months later (at the insistence of my parents)!

How long do you want to wait to have kids? We''ve been married 4 1/2 years. 2 dogs, no kids. Perfect.

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
How old are you? I am 27 years old (engaged over a month ago when I was 26) - fiance is 28 (turning 29 in September)

How long did you date before getting engaged?
1 year, 9 months

How did you meet your finance?
We met online at www.lavalife.com. We actually went to university together (same faculty and everything) but didn''t know eachother. However, I know pretty much all his friends from university. He was pretty much the only one who didn''t know me! Plus... 2 years before we met, I went to Mexico with 10 girls and he went with 3 friends. We were all staying at the SAME hotel. I remember seeing him there, but I didn''t say more than "hi" to him. I did, however, talk with all 3 of his friends that were there (I knew them). So we had many chances to actually meet and talk with eachother.. but it took the Internet to bring us together.

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married?
We got engaged December 24th, 2005 and will be married March 29, 2007 if we are able to book that date with the resort in Mexico (don''t find out till late summer). So... 1 year, 3 months.

How long do you want to wait to have kids?
We would like to have kids 6-7 years from now. (I''ll be 33 or 34) We want time to be married for at least 5 years to make sure that our relationship is solid and loving enough to bring children into the World. Plus we want to travel to Europe and Australia before then (since we''ve never been to those places yet).

DMartins99

Rough_Rock

How old are you? 23 (He''s 28)

How long did you date before getting engaged? Got engaged on our 5-year anniversary

How did you meet your finance? Through a friend.

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? About a year, haven''t set a date yet.

How long do you want to wait to have kids? A few years so that I can focus on my career goals first.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
How old are you?
I''m 22 and he''s 26.
1 year and 5 days
Long story, I''ll just say a friend set us up.
Either just under or just over a year. Probably the latter.
Not until we''re done w/ school for sure. Probably in about 5 years or so.

bobacha

Shiny_Rock
How old are you?
We''re both 25

6 years and still counting :D hopefully before our 7th anniversary this year (October)

in college

about a year ..

I want one before I turn 30 .. I have some convincing to do
2.gif

kel_diggity

Rough_Rock

How old are you? 24 (he''s 25)

How long did you date before getting engaged? 8 years 8 months 18 days!!!

How did you meet your fiance? In high school while my parents were stationed in Tokyo and so were his

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? One year, four months (on our 10 year relationship-anniversary!)

How long do you want to wait to have kids? Probably about 2 years :)

laurel_aurelia

Shiny_Rock

How old are you? 23. (he turned 23 yesterday.)

How long did you date before getting engaged? 2 months. (don''t judge, we know what we''re doing. lol)

How did you meet your finance? we went to HS together, dated other people, and met after college when we worked in the same building.

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? approximately a year. we got engaged september 30 and are getting married this september 10. :)

How long do you want to wait to have kids? we have a dog. that''s our "child". :) no kids, we don''t think. we''ve said we''ll discuss it in five years.. but even if we decide to, only one. :)

sosst7

Shiny_Rock

How old are you? 25

How long did you date before getting engaged? 5 years and 3 months

How did you meet your finance? at a CMU frat party

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? Let''s see, got engaged Feb. 2006 and getting married in May 2006, a little bit over 3 months

How long do you want to wait to have kids? 2-3 years

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
How old are you? 23

How long did you date before getting engaged? 4.5 years, serious for 3.5

How did you meet your finance? College

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? 14 months

How long do you want to wait to have kids? maybe a year or even less

ky6

Shiny_Rock

How old are you? 29 (30 in July), he's 26 (27 in August).

How long did you date before getting engaged? 1.5 years

How did you meet your finance? At a bar through mutual friends

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? 11 mos

How long do you want to wait to have kids? We really have no plans to wait. Figure will not do anything to prevent pregnancy after marriage, and we will get pregnant when we get pregnant.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock

How old are you? 36 (He is 53, definitely a May-December romance!
2.gif
)

How long did you date before getting engaged? 4 1/2 years
How did you meet your finance? He knew my best friend and at her bachelorette party in ''98 at a local lake I fell off a boat onto him when we were both with other people...fast forward 2 years, re-met him at a local Volleyball beach court when we were both single and have been together ever since.

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? 2 years, 1 month and 17 days
3.gif

How long do you want to wait to have kids? Pretty much decided that 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs, a fish and snail (and any other animal I can talk him in to

31.gif
) are going to be our "kids".
9.gif
He already has two from a previous marriage and I have never really had a burning urge to have kids. Of course, I am not going to say absolutely not, because it seems whenever I say that, it happens!
6.gif
1.gif

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 93px">Date: 4/28/2006 3:16:13 PM
Author: AmantdeChat

How old are you? 36 (He is 53, definitely a May-December romance!
2.gif
)

I''m with you on the May/December thing... (see my post on page 1 of this thread, we''re 16.5 years apart, apparently about the same as you all, I guess depending on when your birthdays fall.) Half of the year he''s 16 years older than myself, half of it he''s 17 years older... but who''s counting!?

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock

How old are you? We are both 38

How long did you date before getting engaged? 3 years, and 10 lonnngg months!

How did you meet your finance? We''ve known each other since 1988. Went to college and worked together. Just friends. Dated briefly in 1993. Reconnected in 1999 and have been together ever since!

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? We were engaged for 11 months

How long do you want to wait to have kids? We decided to wait one year. I got pregnant right after our 1 year anniversary. Our baby girl is due in 23 days!!!

klr
30.gif
prongs

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
How old are you?

Both 22 (well, my 22nd is on THursday)

8 years, with a 4 month or so break freshman yr of college

HOw long are you going to be engaged?

HOPEFULLY 2 years to the dot. Possibly three.

How long until kids?

Ideally, 4 years. Realistically, whenever we have enough money saved up. At least not until we are living in the same place, which could either be 1 year or 6 years.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2006 6:29:05 PM
Author:vivosogno
How old are you? 29

How long did you date before getting engaged? 1 year 4 months

How did you meet your finance? At Whole Foods

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? 10 months

How long do you want to wait to have kids? A year or so after the wedding

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
How old are you? 31 now, 32 for the wedding; he''s 5 years older
How long did you date before getting engaged? we started looking for rings at ~3 months and were engaged at 8 months
How did you meet your finance? at work
How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? 8 months
How long do you want to wait to have kids? Kids? No thanks.

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
How old are you? I''m 26, he''s 28
How long did you date before getting engaged? we were together for 4 yrs and two months
How did you meet your finance? my best friend was dating his best friend (they''re now married) and asked me to hang out with them one night. I didn''t know she was setting us up - thankfully it worked!
How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? So far, we''re planning on 14 months
How long do you want to wait to have kids? Maybe a year though he would prefer right away.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am 40, he is 43...

We met at a pool party of a friend, sumer of 1981. He was graduating from my high school, I had two more years. Dated on and off, lost touch, met again in July of 1989 and got engaged that December. We were married August of 1990.

Had our first son in November of 1992...then second in 1995, third in 2001...ALL DONE NOW. :)

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I'm 38, FI is 31. We got engaged a year and a nine months after meeting on the one and only blind date either of us has ever been on, and we'll be engaged for six months by the time we get married.

I plan on going off of birth control just before the wedding- not much time to dicker around on this one!
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2006 6:29:05 PM
Author:vivosogno
How old are you? I'm 33, he's 34

How long did you date before getting engaged? About 3 years

How did you meet your finance? Backpacking Europe. We were both 30, and 30 somethings are scarce in hostels...we figured we should stick together.

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? about 7 months, although the engagement isn't official yet. Once he officially asks, it will be a 5 month engagement, I suppose.

How long do you want to wait to have kids? Not sure if we want to have them. We're pretty set in our ways.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
How old are you? I''m 26, he''s 28
How long did you date before getting engaged? Will be a little over 3 years
How did you meet your fiance? At a bar, but through a friend
How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? About 16 months
How long do you want to wait to have kids? Maybe a year? Less? Who knows...
31.gif

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
How old are you? 26 (he''s 27)
How long did you date before getting engaged? 7 years. We got married on our 7th dating anniversary.
How did you meet your fiance? In high school. I was dating one of his friends and then met him.
How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? 6 months
How long do you want to wait to have kids? a couple of years

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock

Dating: nearly 5 years now

Met: on the internet
2.gif

Engagement: Just got engaged in February, will probably get married next summer - so about a year and a half

Waiting for kids: got to finish law school first... probably 3 years after marriage?

amyg

Shiny_Rock
How old are you? 29, he''s 35

How long did you date before getting engaged? 8 months

How did you meet your fiance? In high school. Church, he just showed up there one day, and eventually we met, and started dating a couple of weeks later, and have been virtually inseperable since...

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? 3 months

How long do you want to wait to have kids? 1 year

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
How old are you? 29, hit the big 3-0 this Dec,
32.gif
YIKES! (DH is 9mos younger)

How long did you date before getting engaged? 7

How did you meet your finance? worked together (still do)

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? lil over 1 yr, married 9-17-05

How long do you want to wait to have kids? 1-2 yrs

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
How old are you? I will be 24 tomorrow, he turns 25 in September

How long did you date before getting engaged? It will be four years

How did you meet your fiance? On the Internet, through a website that matched us as friends

How long are you going to be engaged before getting married? Not sure yet

How long do you want to wait to have kids? I want to be tenured at school, so probably not until I am about 27

Shiny42805

Shiny_Rock
[COLOR=#0000gg]How old are you?[/COLOR] 23. he''s 4 months older

[COLOR=#0000gg]How long did you date before getting engaged?[/COLOR] 3 weeks shy of 5 yrs

[COLOR=#0000gg]How did you meet your fiance? [/COLOR] We''re high school sweethearts

[COLOR=#0000gg]How long are you going to be engaged before getting married?[/COLOR] just over 2.5 years. finishing school first.

[COLOR=#0000gg]How long do you want to wait to have kids?[/COLOR] maybe 3 years or so. I''d like to have 2 before I''m 30.

36.gif
nice thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results