shape
carat
color
clarity

How late do FexEx / UPS deliver to you?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Last night, my doorbell rang at 11:15pm, which scared the wits out of me and my dog, as we were sleeping alone in the house that night. I cowered for a few minutes with one hand ready to dial 911 and the other ready to hit the alarm on my car. Someone then pounded on the front door. I snuck around in the dark and managed to peek out the window and saw an outline of a truck sitting at the end of my driveway. It's DARK in my neighborhood, so I couldn't see whether it was a legit carrier truck, and FedEx tracking said my package was being delivered the next day, so I didn't open the door until they left.

I feel kind of silly now, but am also mad at FedEx. Don't carriers have a cut off time? And if they do make late night deliveries, shouldn't they just leave the box quietly? Instead, they're ringing my doorbell and pounding on the front door? :nono: Maybe I'm just old and lame, but on a Monday, 11:15pm is getting close to the middle of the night for me! Anyway, I about had a heart attack and plan to keep patronizing USPS, as they are the only carrier I can stomach these days. Anyone else have really late night deliveries made? By which carrier?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's crazy.

I had a 7 PM delivery once from FE or UPS, I can't recall which.
I thought that was late.

I'd call and complain to a higher-up.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really weird. I've never heard of a delivery that late. I think 8pm is the latest I've heard of.

Q

Queenie60

I thought that they only delivered late during the holiday season? Late meaning 8 pm or so? I'm glad that you didn't open the door. That is a bit creepy if you ask me. I would have called the police - and any issues resulting from that would be the problem of the carrier had it been a legitimate delivery. Be safe. :wavey:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Latest has been 8 or 9 p.m. We've had so many bad experiences with FedEx that we go out of our way to avoid using them. I no longer order things from certain companies because they use FedEx. Other carriers are only slightly better. :((

11 at night is WAY too late. The only reason I haven't complained about late deliveries is because we were still up. If I had already been in bed I would have definitely complained. I don't know what their specific policy is regarding delivery time cut-offs but anything after 6 seems past time for deliveries to be happening if you ask me.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks kenny, telephone89, and Queenie60 for chiming in. Glad others see it the same way and it's not just me being lame and old! I checked the porch (well after they left!) and they DID leave a package and a blank FedEX slip, so the shadow I saw was indeed a FedEx truck. The website did not update until an hour or two later. I think I will take kenny's advice to call and complain.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With online shopping the workload for UPS and FE has exploded.
Someting's gotta give.
Hire more drivers, buy more trucks.
Whatever!

Clearly they need to be told that midnight deliveries are unacceptable. :knockout:
I'd demand a refund of those shipping charges. :angryfire:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't mind the late delivery at all - what I would mind though, is the pounding at the door :/ (which they do at whatever time they deliver, always managing to scare me. :/) And at that time, they shouldn't have rang the doorbell either.

On the other hand I hate when they don't knock at all - especially if it's raining and I find the package out there hours later, or if it's something I'm waiting for.

I think the proper procedure should be: knock on door and/or ring the doorbell and ANNOUNCE yourself "It's Fed Ex" or "It's UPS" whatever. Then wait a minute or so and leave the package if nobody comes to the door.

If it's raining, I do think they should carry those thin plastic bags to quickly throw the packages into, even though I realize this adds time/effort to the delivery.

ETA oh and to answer your original question I've had deliveries as late as 7, 7:30 p.m. maybe even 8 P.M. - from Fed Ex mostly but I think also UPS - and sometimes on Sunday from the USPS.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's really late. I would mind the late delivery and the ringing of the door bell. I would definitely call and inquire about why a delivery was made so late. The latest I've had deliveries is about 9pm, but that's pretty rare.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had things come probably up to 9 pm-ish, but never as late as your delivery last night!

On the other end of the spectrum, I sometimes get deliveries from Amazon as early as 8 am on SUNDAY mornings now...

I think we've crossed the threshold into a 24/7 society in a lot of ways.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would be ticked. I have a hard enough time sleeping normally, much less someone pounding on the door at that time of the night. For all I know, it could be officers arriving to tell me my husband had been killed on duty. He'd have gotten an ear full and I'd call Fed Ex and complain. There is such a thing as common courtesy for crying out loud.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've gotten some late deliveries slightly after 10pm. Ain't gonna lie (and take it however you will) but at that hour, I don't open the door empty handed.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1455045488|3988946 said:
I've gotten some late deliveries slightly after 10pm. Ain't gonna lie (and take it however you will) but at that hour, I don't open the door empty handed.

That's why I always rob houses during the day. :lol:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
in recent months I've been getting quite a few late deliveries and in December had 4 delivers after 9pm. Was told by delivery person that in bad weather shipping delays cause a back log and the employees are penalized if their packages aren't delivered by date promised .

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1455045488|3988946 said:

:shock: :cheeky:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL well Kenny, I'm at home most of the day too!! :lol: I'm in a very unique position of being able to work nearly anywhere in the world, aside from a few countries that the State Department frowns upon. :wink2:

I kinda feel for these folks, they do have to make the deliveries no matter what, and certain holidays means they work until the last delivery is made. My main beef has always been with Fedex. UPS generally delivers by 8 when they don't its because the regular driver isn't on duty. Fedex..I have no idea about those guys. At times I see someone pull up in a U-Haul truck. WTF??? and find out its fedex :lol:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow 11:15??? thats unacceptable....I would call and complain about that...the lastest we have is around 8:00 and it was UPS and it was during the holidays

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As late as 9PM. Both carriers. Amazon same day is partly to blame as those packages tend to come around 9PM. But oh I love the same day delivery!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I was single and the delivery guy was cute, I might not mind a late delivery. Maybe he would deliver a little fun along with the package! :angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results