shape
carat
color
clarity

How is your relationship with FMIL?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, glad to hear you guys are getting things squared away!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Ally it''s so good to see that you''re feeling better and you''re getting things worked out.

I like Freke''s idea about still going on the honeymoon...it sounds like it would be really great for you two to have some quality alone time together.

FWIW: Although I don''t know you outside of PS you seem to be a very down to earth level headed lady. You deserve the best that this world has to offer, please don''t sell yourself short. We all love you very much here and want nothing but the best for you.

Stay strong...Life has a way of letting it all work out in the end.

((((HUGS))))
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally, that sounds like an excellent plan with the wedding and to take that pressure off, what matters is YOUR wellbeing more than anything. You sound much better and I am so happy for that, thanks for checking in and why not take that break together anyway as a trip instead of a honeymoon!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ally, this sounds like you guys are really moving in a good direction. And it definitely sounds like the healthiest post I''ve seen from you in AGES. Really and truly.

I''m happy for you. You seem like you''re taking this challenge and growing from it, which is all any of us can do. *big hugs* Best of luck, honey. I''m down here cheering you on, and I know many others are as well.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Ally,

I am very happy for you, and I regret that my comments caused you so much pain. Best wishes for you both in the future.

Sincerely,
Layla

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Miss Ally, I just want to send you big hugs. ((((((((HUGS))))))))

In a lot of ways what you and M are going through reminds me of me three years ago...not the outcome, but the process. You have to do this intensive digging to prioritize and fight for yourself and each other. I''m glad you are taking care of yourself and thinking, thinking, thinking. Have a party with your family, go on a lovely vacation, and if the time ever comes that you change your mind about marriage, go to city hall. It''s about the relationship, not the party and the day.

You''re a smart cookie, and you deserve the kind of attention and care you''re giving yourself now.
xoxo
BR

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ally,

I think you are doing all the right things to put this relationship back on track. I am glad you are prioritizing the relationship, and not the wedding. You again have proven to all of us how strong you really are.

I fully support any decision you make and can''t wait to hear updates from you a long the way, whether they be relationship related, how the reunion went, or if you decide to get married, how the wedding went.

oxoxoxxo

PS: Thank you for the dress comments! I hope my FI likes it... he has particular tastes...

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Ally, I just wanted to say that i am SO PROUD of you for taking those first steps to getting everything sorted out! The first step is always the hardest and it sounds like you guys are doing really well. I am happy and relieved that it is all going to work out for you.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allycat -- Thanks for coming back to let us know all is OK... and that you and HockeyGuy are working towards a stronger relationship.

((((hugs)))) to you both!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 4:18:19 PM
Author: FrekeChild
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS ALLY)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Can you guys still go on your honeymoon--but make it just a trip instead? I think it would be good for you guys just to get OUT for a while and relax together.

(I shall write you a message later. I''m kind of darting in and out to post random things when I have a couple of minutes.)

Ally!! I''m so glad you two spent the time to work on things. You deserve so much happiness!!

I think Freke''s idea of the honeymoon is great - I mean, wedding or not, you two have committed to each other to work through whatever bad stuff that comes. If THAT isn''t deserving of a honeymoon I don''t know what is!! Plus, time away to just focus on you as a couple will be amazing and I bet you will totally reconnect. And hey - I *hear* you can get married on holiday too ;-)

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Ally i'm sooo glad you're ok! and thanks for posting again, and i'm very very glad you guys are getting this worked out and you're much more relaxed
1.gif
honestly i would've been glad even if i somehow ran into you someday and you threw stuff at me, cause then you'd definitely be alive and kicking! actually if it would make you feel even better i volunteer to be a tossing target, my only request is items be smaller than a bread box and semi-soft at the hardest, unless they're really small. i'm not opposed to stones, especially the gem variety.

and of course more hugs
5.gif
but of a much much happier variety these days it sounds like

eta: it is horribly easy to use such a supportive place to vent and to forget to update once the venting's done. actually you just reminded me i never updated the good one one of mine. whoops.

best of luck to you and your M! (i have one too) and i'll definitely vote for going on that honeymoon. you two need a vacation! hope to see many happy posts in your future, but if not, well, no news is definitely much much worse than anything else.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m so glad you''re feeling better about everything. You sound much more relaxed. Thanks for updating us. It is so difficult to put across the whole picture on a public forum, but we''re all here for you and I''m sure whatever you''re doing is the right thing. I hope things continue to get better and better for you two!

Oh and me and my cute dog missed seeing you too
2.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Ally,

I''m so happy to hear you and your FI are really working on your relationship instead of just focusing on the wedding. And I agree with the others - I think you should definitely still go on your honeymoon! You should get away together on a fun vacation while you continue to try and work everything out. Thanks for updating us - it''s so nice to hear you sounding so much better.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ally,

So glad you''re headed in a better direction. My thoughts have been and continue to be with you.

K

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ally -

I''m so glad to hear that the two of you are working toward a more satisfying relationship. I think both of you are showing a huge amount of maturity and growth, and deserve all the happiness in the world.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally,
I am soooo happy that all is going well. Sounds like the counseling is a big help. I am looking forward to the next chapter, and wish you and M only the best...
12.gif
xx Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results