shape
carat
color
clarity

How is this Tahitian peacock?

concun

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,
I need your expertise to help me evaluate this pearl color. It is supposed to be peacock; hence I expect to see array of colors reflecting under sunlight. Instead it looks light gray in real life, and when I snap the picture, it looks dark gray. I don’t know if I have unrealistic expectation. I need your help to evaluate if this pearl is considered as simply gray or peacock? This is the only picture I have. Sorry for the not so clear one.
Thanks a lot.

concun

Shiny_Rock
462A178A-061E-495E-9749-7A15EA02D411.jpeg Attachment

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Truthfully I don't see a lot of peacock here in this particular picture, but that's not to say it isn't a beautiful pearl. Pearl overtones, especially Tahitians actually tend to pop LESS in direct sunlight. Most all Tahitian pearls will look steely/gray.

The best/easiest way to get any overtone/peacock to pop is to take a picture by a large light source with some sort of diffusion over it. So, if you have a big window in your house with a white/neutral curtain, or something like that. Alternatively, find the edge of some open shade outside (like just on the inside edge of a garage, for example).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not an expert, however I cannot see 'peacock' in the photo.
'Peacock' can vary in intensity with light ones difficult to see let alone being captured in photos.
Not my overtone of choice as I prefer blues and greens, personal preference and all that.

DK :))

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Peacock usually means that the pearl has a general overall colour - green or grey usually - with an 'eye' of aubergine to pink. This is not a fixed blob or patch of a different colour but an effect of the light on nacre so it appears to rotate with the pearl
e tahits 12.8 peacock  buttons silver5025.JPG In this photo of tahitian buttons for example, one is face on and the other is slightly sideways but the pinky/aubergine eye is still in the centre of the visible pearl surface

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results