shape
carat
color
clarity

How is this setting for a 7mm moissanite?

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
I'm seriously all over the map. I'm thinking of the infamous lacey for the wedding band, or maybe just a thin micropave band. However does this look more like a cocktail ring rather than e ring? I'm also contemplating customizing it to 3 braids instead of rows. I have no idea of a 7mm stone will go out over the middle points, he said it would.
On one hand I like the rows because it almost looks like 3 eternity bands, or am I deluding myself? On the other, I want a delicate looking e ring band. And not a bulky one.

A disappointment tho, he talked me out of doing a hidden halo or basket pave, whichever one calls them. He said there's not enough 'meat' over the long haul to grab the stones and I would lose them. He said he would do it, but I'd have the ring for repair. I trust him on this because my RHR which Is halo and pave twist, I have no trouble. He said top halos are fine but not the "scarf" have you heard this too? Anyone have similar to show me?
20191001_141038.jpg 20191001_141052.jpg

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
Okay I found an even better one! Does anyone have a sunburst halo? My idea is to have a custom done with tri gold braided band, and the stone set in rose gold. Screenshot_20191002-201720_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191002-190235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191002-190235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 81

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
Okay I found an even better one! Does anyone have a sunburst halo? My idea is to have a custom done with tri gold braided band, and the stone set in rose gold. Screenshot_20191002-201720_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20191002-190235_Samsung Internet.jpg

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
Okay if anyone is out there, definitely scrapping the 1st ring. Pretty set on one of the 2 starburst halos but I really fell in love with these swoopy bands. Wonder if it's possible to have it all! Or if I need to make the braid smaller like 1st sunburst. The tri color is also a must. Screenshot_20191002-144854_Pinterest.jpg Screenshot_20191002-143113_Pinterest.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last one looks pretty gorgeous - what band are you looking to wear with it?

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
The last one looks pretty gorgeous - what band are you looking to wear with it?

I actually haven't thought about that! That became least of concerns! I really love the rose gold sunburst halo AND that band a d have no idea if it'll all work. I've sent it to David to see what he says. I didnt think much when I saw the halo in still shot, but when I did the 360.....WOW:-o And I haven't had a reaction like that to anything. I'm hoping if the bands won't work with it as is, perhaps the middle could be 'pinched in" or something idk

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually haven't thought about that! That became least of concerns! I really love the rose gold sunburst halo AND that band a d have no idea if it'll all work. I've sent it to David to see what he says. I didnt think much when I saw the halo in still shot, but when I did the 360.....WOW:-o And I haven't had a reaction like that to anything. I'm hoping if the bands won't work with it as is, perhaps the middle could be 'pinched in" or something idk
Tbh a plain gold band would probably look great OR a fab standalone eternity or something similar that you can wear on your other hand. If you went with the sunburst halo on the triple bands, you could just get the halo set high enough that you've got clearance under it to sit a band. I would suggest not having diamonds on it if you do want to sit it under the halo just so it doesn't eat the setting

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
Tbh a plain gold band would probably look great OR a fab standalone eternity or something similar that you can wear on your other hand. If you went with the sunburst halo on the triple bands, you could just get the halo set high enough that you've got clearance under it to sit a band. I would suggest not having diamonds on it if you do want to sit it under the halo just so it doesn't eat the setting

Thank you! Do you mean not have pave on whatever WR? I'm thinking since there's a sunburst shown with a split shank shown, it could work with the triple band. I hope so because I still feel really strong about this combo! Everything I would waffle on. Or keep looking haha. Even that ring in my first pic, (I wish I could delete it) but what I loved about it was the incredible sparkle, not the style, i was forcing myself to like the style. I agree about the plain gold one! I actually have a super thin one that is my "ocean" band, so I could just wear it! I'm debating on having pave on the prongs like the BE starburst or I'd that's unnecessary.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Do you mean not have pave on whatever WR? I'm thinking since there's a sunburst shown with a split shank shown, it could work with the triple band. I hope so because I still feel really strong about this combo! Everything I would waffle on. Or keep looking haha. Even that ring in my first pic, (I wish I could delete it) but what I loved about it was the incredible sparkle, not the style, i was forcing myself to like the style. I agree about the plain gold one! I actually have a super thin one that is my "ocean" band, so I could just wear it! I'm debating on having pave on the prongs like the BE starburst or I'd that's unnecessary.
Yeah no pave on the WR - or making sure they sit the halo high enough that it can’t snag. Who are you getting to make it?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I agree to have no pave on the sunburnt halo or these bands are going to rub very badly. I also don’t want to see you have to thin these pave bands out so much that the pave becomes unstable and then you have to start worrying about loosing them, which I know is what you are trying to avoid. They already look like they are 1.8 mm in the twist and w/o straight lines, even one bump that puts it out of alignment and you will start losing pave. Then it becomes a vicious cycle or trying to get them bent in a way to wear each new tune up doesn’t cause you to drop more. It is one of those ‘looks pretty’ but unless it is done very, very well....it will be expensive to maintain.

If you do go with a bunch of pave with twists and rubbing an adjacent pave, ER then you will have to add a spacer. By that time you do this, you could very well be all the way up to your knuckle if this is not done well and also right!

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
Yeah no pave on the WR - or making sure they sit the halo high enough that it can’t snag. Who are you getting to make it?

Between David Klass which his quote is definitely my high end. I talked to my husband and it's not out of the question but since it exceed our budget by double, it will definitely need to wait 6 mos to a year. I'm fine with that, as 2021 is actually the 15th anniversary so....but I also am getting a quote from a local jeweler as well as my jeweler that seemingly comes in lower than anyone!

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
I agree to have no pave on the sunburnt halo or these bands are going to rub very badly. I also don’t want to see you have to thin these pave bands out so much that the pave becomes unstable and then you have to start worrying about loosing them, which I know is what you are trying to avoid. They already look like they are 1.8 mm in the twist and w/o straight lines, even one bump that puts it out of alignment and you will start losing pave. Then it becomes a vicious cycle or trying to get them bent in a way to wear each new tune up doesn’t cause you to drop more. It is one of those ‘looks pretty’ but unless it is done very, very well....it will be expensive to maintain.

If you do go with a bunch of pave with twists and rubbing an adjacent pave, ER then you will have to add a spacer. By that time you do this, you could very well be all the way up to your knuckle if this is not done well and also right!

Hi there! Are you saying I shouldn't do these bands with a halo? Leave it as a solitaire? I'm back and forth on that, I really love the sunburst and think it would look really unique but not sure if it will overwhelm the setting. I found actually pics of the ring tho! It's the paradise by mark silverstein. It really doesn't look super complicated but I would only go half with the pave and keep the rose gold where it is but the other would be a loop of yellow gold and loop of white gold instead of both white.

I'm also contemplating an "X' with white and yellow gold with a band of rose gold running either under AND over the X or under OR over the X. Would that be more stable? I didn't think about the twists. I've already decided by WR will just be my super thin yellow gold plain band .

Does anyone else plan out rings 6mos or a year in advance? I just wonder, seems everything I read happens quick but maybe some do take that long! Screenshot_20191004-231718_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20191004-231704_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20191004-231603_Samsung Internet.jpg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there! Are you saying I shouldn't do these bands with a halo? Leave it as a solitaire? I'm back and forth on that, I really love the sunburst and think it would look really unique but not sure if it will overwhelm the setting. I found actually pics of the ring tho! It's the paradise by mark silverstein. It really doesn't look super complicated but I would only go half with the pave and keep the rose gold where it is but the other would be a loop of yellow gold and loop of white gold instead of both white.

I'm also contemplating an "X' with white and yellow gold with a band of rose gold running either under AND over the X or under OR over the X. Would that be more stable? I didn't think about the twists. I've already decided by WR will just be my super thin yellow gold plain band .

Does anyone else plan out rings 6mos or a year in advance? I just wonder, seems everything I read happens quick but maybe some do take that long! Screenshot_20191004-231718_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20191004-231704_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20191004-231603_Samsung Internet.jpg
I am not sure if you are trying to do a set of twist bands as a WR and the starburst halo as an ER? Together, that feels like a lot. Especially if worn together and the halo also has pave, If you are combining them and it will be a twist band, then I would probably choose it with the solitaire or solitaire/hidden halo like the example. I know you were looking at your local jeweler making this vs David Klass. As I mentioned before, it needs a jeweler with real skill and a good warranty because of all the pave. I guess you have to decide which one speaks to you more.

Most people do think about these things in advance because they will not fit together properly. If you have a basic solitaire in a straight line, then it probably doesn’t matter. A halo typically requires the height to be adjusted to fit a band flush or reasonably flush. There is also how the bands will rub against each other that can become a problem. The opposite could also be true, where they have to be spaced too far apart and you either end up with a large gap or an unreasonable width that will have it creeping all the way up to the knuckles because of all the competing bands.

Everyone has completely different hand types and a certain amount of finger real estate to work with. Most people have a hard time imagining what something will look like when they are looking at things either in miniature or all blown up on a computer screen. I would definitely try on as much as you can beforehand so you know what it will look like and not be completely surprised. Even some cheap CZ rings off amazon would probably help with starburst halo’s or trinity bands.

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
I am not sure if you are trying to do a set of twist bands as a WR and the starburst halo as an ER? Together, that feels like a lot. Especially if worn together and the halo also has pave, If you are combining them and it will be a twist band, then I would probably choose it with the solitaire or solitaire/hidden halo like the example. I know you were looking at your local jeweler making this vs David Klass. As I mentioned before, it needs a jeweler with real skill and a good warranty because of all the pave. I guess you have to decide which one speaks to you more.

Most people do think about these things in advance because they will not fit together properly. If you have a basic solitaire in a straight line, then it probably doesn’t matter. A halo typically requires the height to be adjusted to fit a band flush or reasonably flush. There is also how the bands will rub against each other that can become a problem. The opposite could also be true, where they have to be spaced too far apart and you either end up with a large gap or an unreasonable width that will have it creeping all the way up to the knuckles because of all the competing bands.

Everyone has completely different hand types and a certain amount of finger real estate to work with. Most people have a hard time imagining what something will look like when they are looking at things either in miniature or all blown up on a computer screen. I would definitely try on as much as you can beforehand so you know what it will look like and not be completely surprised. Even some cheap CZ rings off amazon would probably help with starburst halo’s or trinity bands.

Yeah, my thought was one combined ring. The pave bands with the starburst halo on top. Perhaps there's a reason that isnt a 'thing" haha. But the 2nd starburst halo has a double twist or split shank, so I thought it could be doable. The getting cheap rings route may not be a bad idea. I have a thick triple band and loved it, when I wore it, it was marcasite and heavy so I know I already prefer delicate. The sunburst just might be too much...more thinking thank you!

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Not sure if the same people on WB are here but here's an update.

David sent me models that I didn't even know he was making! Since i was undecided on halo vs no, he thought it would be helpful to see them. It definitely is as I'm pretty sure I will go the the halo now.

The top band will be yellow gold with bottom being white gold and 2 middle will be rose gold. However the middle is actually the 1st and 4th bands which form the 'X' in the center. I decided the pave needs to go 3/4 as well because of the design.

My husband is super impressed with David vs local jewelers so we will definitely have it made by him. I was concerned about shipping it back and forth but apparently that is only an issue if there's a problem. I can have it cleaned and checked by anyone local I guess.

I'll update once the actual ring gets made.

Attachments

• 20191103_093001.jpg
    20191103_093001.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 20191103_093138.jpg
    20191103_093138.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 85

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the paradise setting, it’s everything in one ring!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,
Not sure if the same people on WB are here but here's an update.

David sent me models that I didn't even know he was making! Since i was undecided on halo vs no, he thought it would be helpful to see them. It definitely is as I'm pretty sure I will go the the halo now.

The top band will be yellow gold with bottom being white gold and 2 middle will be rose gold. However the middle is actually the 1st and 4th bands which form the 'X' in the center. I decided the pave needs to go 3/4 as well because of the design.

My husband is super impressed with David vs local jewelers so we will definitely have it made by him. I was concerned about shipping it back and forth but apparently that is only an issue if there's a problem. I can have it cleaned and checked by anyone local I guess.

I'll update once the actual ring gets made.

I am glad you finally got this worked out. The plastic models really help. I like the halo as well. Post when you receive the finished piece!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The halo setting looks really good! Please do come back with hand shots when it’s done!

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
The halo setting looks really good! Please do come back with hand shots when it’s done!

Thank you! I totally will! So grateful for this site and WB as it is where I found out about David Klass! It will be a little while but not too crazy. I'm learning some plan out rings even 3 years in advance so definitely not that long, hoping a few months but we have a family wedding and Christmas as well as a possible mission trip. In that case it would be by January 2021 as that's our 15th anniversary. But really hoping for spring or summer!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I totally will! So grateful for this site and WB as it is where I found out about David Klass! It will be a little while but not too crazy. I'm learning some plan out rings even 3 years in advance so definitely not that long, hoping a few months but we have a family wedding and Christmas as well as a possible mission trip. In that case it would be by January 2021 as that's our 15th anniversary. But really hoping for spring or summer!

I've got a vintage setting which will need its prongs redone in about 2 years. I've been quietly considering its repronging or resetting for the last 2 years! You are among friends here - we understand planning that sort of thing out well in advance!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

I know you have your ring in progress but I was helping someone else and came across this ring. Reminded me of your concept with the 3 different color gold bands:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Piping in late in the game but I love the sunburst design, it is just a delicate airy halo of happiness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results