shape
carat
color
clarity

How is this possible???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
I just found a diamond on BN today (I''m guessing it must be new because I don''t remember seeing it on there before)... and it is a Signature Ideal princess cut that is everything I am looking for and very close to the price that I need, we could manage it... but although it is Signature Ideal I was VERY surprised to see the table is 72 and the depth is 63.1! Admittedly I know little regarding this but it seems to me that this diamond is very shallow. Looking at the picture in the report I think it is beautiful and it is EXACTLY what I have been looking for but should I hesitate because of the proportions? Please help me figure this out because I am so confused at this point. If it checks out ok with you guys I am going to call an have them hold it immediately so please let me know what you think.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD01019974&filter_id=1

Thanks again for your help!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anything about princesses, but if you think it may be good, you may want to put it hold asap, now that you have posted the link before someone takes it out from under you.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
Travelinggal, thanks for the tip, I just called and put it on hold so I am hoping to get some feedback here so I can make my decision. When my boyfriend gets home I will show him... I am just worried about the large difference between the table and diameter... if I would have seen these specs on another diamond I would have thought the cut was horrible but it is BN Signature Ideal so I don''t know what to think.

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 2:06:49 PM
Author:candlelite80
I just found a diamond on BN today (I'm guessing it must be new because I don't remember seeing it on there before)... and it is a Signature Ideal princess cut that is everything I am looking for and very close to the price that I need, we could manage it... but although it is Signature Ideal I was VERY surprised to see the table is 72 and the depth is 63.1! Admittedly I know little regarding this but it seems to me that this diamond is very shallow. Looking at the picture in the report I think it is beautiful and it is EXACTLY what I have been looking for but should I hesitate because of the proportions? Please help me figure this out because I am so confused at this point. If it checks out ok with you guys I am going to call an have them hold it immediately so please let me know what you think.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD01019974&filter_id=1

Thanks again for your help!

I don't know what to tell you, candlelite. On your previous threads, you have been told several times that BN does not provide enough information (IS/ASET/etc) on its GIA certified stones for experts here to give you a "thumbs up" on a princess. It has also been correctly mentioned that the "Signature Ideal" branded label is probably not a sufficient guarantee of optical performance, as it is basically a marketing tool, not a real "ideal" designation from an independent grading lab or system.

You come across as somewhat impatient and dismissive of the sound advice you have received on the forum, which is that if you are committed to BN stones, almost everyone here thinks you should wait a bit for an AGS000 to come up if you want to be guaranteed a winner.

I really don't think anyone here can tell you that you should or shouldn't be concerened about a GIA princess based solely on depth/table %s.
Sorry to come off a little harsh, but I really think you keep asking the same questions ignoring the advice you have been given.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
bosoxbw, I''m sorry if I offended you, in one of my posts someone told me that if I was interested in Blue Nile to look at Signature Ideal diamonds. I know that I have been told to watch for AGS diamonds but I happened to see this Signature Ideal and based on someones suggestion of Signature Ideals I thought it may have promise. Again, I apologize, I have been listening to what you are all telling me but saw this and... nevermind, I apologize. I am trying to learn as I go here, I''m sorry if it seems that I am asking too many question. I won''t ask again.

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
candlelite--

a) You should feel free to ask any question you want-- the forum is here to help you find your dream stone, so keep asking!

b) I am not a moderator, expert, or long-standing member, so please do not let my post discourage you from participating here, and do not assume that I speak for everyone on the board. I was just trying to steer you in a direction I think will prove to be most satisfying to you in the end. You seemed a little resistant to some of the advice you were getting here, so I thought a different "approach" would convince you to alter your search or frame your questions differently (i.e., recognize people here need more information to help you)

c) You clearly already have a basic understanding of what you are looking for, and something in your head said that you should be skeptical of a stone with slightly odd #s if you could not see a picture, IS, ASET, or AGS cert. If you are patient, that knowledge will lead you to a wonderful stone!

d) If you want to go with BN, and believe in their branding of their stones, do not let me stop you. I was just giving my honest assessment that BN is not the best vendor to use and that you should not put too much weight in their "signature Ideal" designation (the same way you cannot believe a B&M when then call a stone "ideal" based on their in-house standards)

e) Good luck on your continued search! I will be the first to answer any questions you have!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you buy it? You might as well take a chance...returns are easy.

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 6:15:23 PM
Author: JulieN
Did you buy it? You might as well take a chance...returns are easy.

Sometimes you have to SEE a stone to know if it is the one for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results