shape
carat
color
clarity

How is this Alexandrite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rough_Rock
Newcomer to Alexandrite-hunting. Yay or nay? TIA :) GemburiOnline - is this the "textbook" green-to-red change? Or too perfect?

Here it is Gemburi Alexandrite

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour change is good but the tone is so dark, I can barely make out the colour.

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Chrono.

Which online portals are most trustworthy for buying quality Alexandrite stones?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Multicolour.com is a reputable Thai based gem seller that specializes in Alexandrite. The owner, David Weinberg, is patient with questions and will take additional pictures on request. I have never purchased an alexandrite from them, but a PS''er (LovingDiamonds) is very happy with the alexandrites she has obtained from them. She has quite the collection. I hope she chimes in on this thread.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
You got some good suggestions, so I can only confirm that the stone you found is too dark, especially it''s daylight "face" (the red color is quite good for an alex).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results