shape
carat
color
clarity

How is This 2.01ct CVD from Tianyu?

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
I’m looking to get a 2ct lab grown and Tianyu seems to have had some very good reviews recently. I was quoted just under $4000 for this stone. Is it worth it or should I look for something better? 7496C2E7-4024-4A6D-806F-7718552772D6.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not at home to help but have you run it through the HCA tool? Find it at the top of this page under tools.
The HCA analyzes cut angles for complimentary light return, spread etc.

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
I’m not at home to help but have you run it through the HCA tool? Find it at the top of this page under tools.
The HCA analyzes cut angles for complimentary light return, spread etc.

D132FF7F-D705-4EC5-8448-36402D39A45E.png

Last edited:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
The price is good but I don’t feel the crown and pavilion angles work well with each other- I believe that’s why the diamond is so dark in the video.

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 36 crown on the first one makes me nervous, especially without an ASET or IS to confirm performance. I like the yadav one much better bc the numbers are "safer" and the video looks great.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock

I like the Yadav diamond much better! The numbers seem to be ideal, the arrows in the video are well defined, and they are stateside so if something goes wrong, the return would not be super painful.

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
I like the Yadav diamond much better! The numbers seem to be ideal, the arrows in the video are well defined, and they are stateside so if something goes wrong, the return would not be super painful.

Would you say my best bet is to use RareCarat and filter by these exact specifications? 3E19ABC4-A900-4A42-A791-094D2420579A.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you say my best bet is to use RareCarat and filter by these exact specifications? 3E19ABC4-A900-4A42-A791-094D2420579A.png

Probably yes. It will make it much easier to weed our poorly cut stones.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depth could be 60.5 at the low end, but your search terms generally look right

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I crazy or does that stone have a brown tint to it? I’d pass.

Good point. I was focused on cut and not really on color. But yes, if OP wants a non tinted stone then I would keep looking.

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I had no idea, I just assumed any was bad. If I had a ~$5500 budget, would you say that stone is probably the best I’d get right now?

Yeah, there is a lot of silly misinformation about fluor that makes people afraid of it, which is silly. Though I think most lab stones dont have it so it's mostly a nonissue here. Let me look again using 5500 as a cap for price.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the slightly higher crown angle bother you at all? I’m still relatively new to the angles and depths

It's not perfect (35 crown is slightly safer), but I like the stone overall. The other one I posted (the 2.01) has a bigger table (almost 60), which will be a different "flavor " than the more traditional "ideal cut" stones.

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
It's not perfect (35 crown is slightly safer), but I like the stone overall. The other one I posted (the 2.01) has a bigger table (almost 60), which will be a different "flavor " than the more traditional "ideal cut" stones.

Weird that the HCA score is 2.6 on that one

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weird that the HCA score is 2.6 on that one

Which one? The 59 table or the 35.5 crown? I trust the HCA, so if it's over 2 then dont buy it. There are a lot of options in your budget so you can definitely find one with HCA under 2 and ideal numbers. .

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
Which one? The 59 table or the 35.5 crown? I trust the HCA, so if it's over 2 then dont buy it. There are a lot of options in your budget so you can definitely find one with HCA under 2 and ideal numbers. .

The 35.5 crown (other was a 2.5 HCA). Whenever I enter those ideal ranges in rarecarat, I’m only getting like 2 stones to show

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 35.5 crown (other was a 2.5 HCA). Whenever I enter those ideal ranges in rarecarat, I’m only getting like 2 stones to show

yeah, thats the hard part. Is there a way to figure out which vendors rarecarat shows? Wondering if there are others I can look over. I know they don't list JA stones becuase those require asking for a cert. I am happy to look through those as well.

I think we can find you something with under 2 on the HCA :)

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
Here’s a list of what rarecarat searches...https://www.rarecarat.com/our-retailers

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
yeah, thats the hard part. Is there a way to figure out which vendors rarecarat shows? Wondering if there are others I can look over. I know they don't list JA stones becuase those require asking for a cert. I am happy to look through those as well.

I think we can find you something with under 2 on the HCA :)

Here’s a list of what rarecarat searches...https://www.rarecarat.com/our-retailers

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS. there are many more options if you drop in either color (to I) or clarity (to SI1).

Kickskid21

Rough_Rock
PS. there are many more options if you drop in either color (to I) or clarity (to SI1).

I get nervous dropping to I in color for CVD due to the browning..should I not worry?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of those inclusions seen in the video won’t be eye visible?

extremely unlikely. Remember that IRL the stone will be 8mm. If you take a measuring tape and measure 8mm (or zoom out until the image is 8mm) I highly doubt you;ll see anything

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get nervous dropping to I in color for CVD due to the browning..should I not worry?

I think it depends on the stone. You'll need to be careful to look at the stone from the side (in video) to make sure there isn't a brown tint, and that might rule out some options.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results