shape
carat
color
clarity

How important is it to have the company logo(a marked item)?

I received a lovely gift of diamond hoop earrings over the holidays that came unmarked. The company has said it was an oversight and would mark them at no cost ( I just have to send them back). How important is it to have them marked with the company logo? How much trouble is it to get them stamped? Would you send them back?? Bother! :roll:

seekingshiny

Rough_Rock
Re: How important is it to have the company logo(a marked it

I personally would send them back to get marked. It's helpful in determining the provenance and authenticity of your item, especially if you think you would ever resell them or pass down your item, but I think it would be helpful even if you wanted to insure your item. Depending upon the item the markings would make a huge difference in insurance or resale valuation, e.g. a Tiffany ring valuation would be quite different with and without the Tiffany logo, etc.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

It's difficult to find a place to stamp a trademark on hoops....is there a content stamp?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

It depends on whether you value the maker. For some people this is really important, others neither know nor care. Sometimes it has a significant effect on value. For the maker this is free advertising and no, it's usually not very difficult but that would be their problem, not yours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results