shape
carat
color
clarity

How important are Polish and Symmetry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KTM300

Rough_Rock
How important are Polish and Symmetry? Compared to Cut and Color? If a diamond has an Ideal cut, but Polish and Symmetry are rated at good, how does this affect the way it looks?

Thanks,
smh

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
Is there a particular shape you are talking about? I have heard so many things about Princess cuts I have no idea what is right and wrong. Supercert said that Polish and Symmetry do not matter on a Princess Cut... Another company told me that polish is important... another company told me Symmetry is important. I would like to know myself... Prticularly on Princess Cut Stones.

KTM300

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a Radiant Cut.

callista

Rough_Rock
Hi smh,

I asked a very similar quesion about polish and symmetry not too long ago. Do a search for my name, and you''ll find my post.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the thread callista is referring to can be found here. i think it should answer your questions.

callista

Rough_Rock
Thanks Belle!

I wasn''t sure how to link the thread to my message. How did you do that?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey callista..no problem
2.gif

to link a thread in a reply you first need to find the thread you want to link to. open that thread and then copy the url (only the www part after the http://)
in the reply box there is a link icon (looks like a chain link) click on that. a box will pop up asking for the url and the title you want to give the link (i usually use ''here''). paste in the url, give it a title and click the button....voila!!

hope that helps!

callista

Rough_Rock
It all makes sense now!

Thanks again Belle!
9.gif

KTM300

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!!

smh

ScheinerDiamonds

Rough_Rock
smh,
In ideals it is important but to say that it is more important than the color may be a bit much.
If you can upgrade the color for the price of getting better polish/symm. you may like the better color more.
Michael

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have a radiant that has good polish and good symmetry, and I guess it would be considered an ideal cut for a radiant. It''s an AGA 1A stone, and it''s very sparkly and beautiful. So, I would have to say at least for my diamond the fact that it has only good polish and symmetry isn''t a bad thing. I would definitely get a higher color and a better cut diamond before I would worry about polish and symmetry, especially for a fancy shape.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results