shape
carat
color
clarity

how high is your summer electric bills?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
out electric runs around $200-$250 in the summer. we set up a monthly payment plan for gas which averages $90/month year round.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Now I feel a bit better about the $400+ bill I just got. But we still probably run the A/C too much. The Mrs. and I are looking for ways to cut back.

Solar power would be nice, but I believe the installation costs are ~$10,000? In any case, living as close to the water as we do, we're under the marine layer quite a lot, so I don't know how much power we would generate.
7.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Holy cow, my bill was $307.43 this month!!! I live in AZ and my house is 2280 sq ft. I keep the A/C between 75-80 degrees all the time and even keep the hot water heater turned off most of the time.
38.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
111* by saturday
14.gif
thats getting close to the record.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 12:04:15 PM
Author: Mara
ann, is that kind of the going rate for all of TX for electric bills ? we have been toying around with the idea of moving elsewhere and austin is on our list to check into...we were wondering the other day out loud how much the average electric bills are for summer out there since it seems like A/C must be run all the time!!
Austin, huh? I love it there. We turn the A/C on usually in April, but not all days require it. Heck, in Texas you just never know. It can be 80 on Christmas day!

Austin is just as hot as Houston, only a wee bit drier. But not much. A/C bills will of course depend on the size of house and the energy you use. It''s really hard to say how much in Austin, but my daughter lives in a 2 bedroom apt., just 2 girls, who are very aware of how high thoses bills can get, and their bill is usually around $100.00 or so.

My pool and size of house have a great deal to do with my high bills, but yes Texas does indeed high elec. rates. It is hard to insulate a house enough, too much and you get humidity issues inside the house and not enough insulation, well, air escaping .

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... I am feeling particularly grateful for my set condo fees that include heat, AC, water, and gas!
4.gif
The fees aren''t cheap, but they also include 24/7 maintenance and doormen, and it''s nice not to have to worry about those individual expenses each month. I''m enjoying it while I can... next stop for us will be a house, and I''ll be back here woefully comparing summer-time bills with everyone else!
39.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
$183 this month. I live in northern FL.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My summer bills are around $350-$400. I have an almost 4000 sq foot house that we keep cool in the summer. Part of what drives up the bill is not just the size but we have a huge 2 story foyer and a 2 story family room that is paying to cool empty space. Considering that, our bill could be worse! I have 4 kids who never turn off lights depite my nagging and I spend lots of time turning off lights! I also do tons and tons of laundry and wonder how much energy that takes up. In the winter the electric bill is around $250 because we heat with natural gas. Our hot water is on natural gas as well.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2006 2:32:04 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 7/19/2006 1:42:40 PM
Author: blodthecat

\
blod my other brit GF
31.gif

\\well....our winter temp gets into the low 30''s. you don''t think i can survive in the UK?
20.gif
You will have to come for a visit and try DF, Blod and I will look after you!
9.gif
Don''t forget your long johns!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results