shape
carat
color
clarity

How he proposed!!! and more (long read)

DolceJo

Rough_Rock
So, this looks longer than I wanted it to be :???: :oops: but I had to somehow get the experience down on ink. Part I is how we met. Part II is the proposal. Here is a link to the pictures of the ring https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newly-engaged-1-05ct-cushion-from-id-jewelry.154393/ Enjoy it ladies :wavey:

OK, so our story goes a little something like this…

A few years ago, back when the Matrix was all the rave, a good friend of mine shared an animated picture he made on the computer with me. It was a spoof on the Matrix movies, it was funny, and not only was my good friend in it, but his friend was in it too. The “other friend” caught my attention, and I asked my good friend, who’s that guy? He’s cute! He said, oh that’s just my friend, he’s not your type though. I replied, Oh ok. And that was that.

Little did I know, around the same time, my good friend was showing some pictures on his computer to the “other friend”. They came across my picture, and “other friend” said, who’s that girl? She’s cute! My good friend said, Oh, just a girl I know. She’s not your type. And that was that.

Well, fast forward a few years, and my good friend had moved to Florida, then moved back to NY. A good year or so had gone by that I hadn’t seen him. So I called him one night, April Fools to be exact, and asked him if he wanted to hang out, maybe go to a bar. He said, let me call you back. He calls back and says, hey, is it ok if I bring a friend? I said, sure! Why not, sounds good! He replied, ok, see you soon.

About an hour passed, they came to pick me up, I went outside, I’m approaching the car, and the two of them get out of the car. My eyes land immediately on his friend. WOW. What a cute guy. We exchanged hello’s, and off to the bar we went. Well, at the bar came to find out that the “other friend” and I had many, many things in common. So we ended up exchanging numbers, and well, the rest is history. 5 years, 8 months later, and counting…..

We live together, have been since June of this year. It’s been AMAZING. We’ve been looking at rings for awhile, even before we moved in. Never found the right ring, until I stumbled on PS. Found our vendor, ID Jewelry, took a visit, picked out the stone, he picked out the setting and the rest, so I knew it was coming, just a matter of time.

The proposal:
It’s the day after Christmas, there’s a snow blizzard forecast for the afternoon, so we go out, run some errands, get back home as it begins to snow, and are now stuck in the house, with nowhere else to go. I’m in the bedroom folding clothes; he’s in the living room watching football. He gets a phone call.

Me: Who was it?
Him: My sister.
Me: What did she want?
Him: Nothing.
Me: Ok.

Few minutes later, I hear someone coming up the steps, into the apartment… I hear him go to his dresser, back into the living room, back to the dresser, person leaves.

Me: Who was that?
Him: My sister (as he’s walking into the bedroom.)
Me: What did she want?
Him: Nothing.

I give him the “huh?” look… I found it odd, but didn’t pay it much mind, until the grin on his face started growing, a sure sign he’s up to something.

Me: What happened? What did she want?
Again, the grin grows.
Him: No, it was nothing….(super grin)… I don’t know if I should tell you.

I give the “huh?” look again, this time a bit more intense, because now I’m confused.

Me: What?

The super grin now turns into laughter.

Me: Ooo-kaaay, tell me, what is it? (mildly laughing, awaiting his response)
Him: Uhh…(pause, because he’s thinking of what to say) …nothing, my sister got me a cologne.

I begin to CRY. I’m upset.

Me: Why did you get another one? I got you one for Christmas! I knew you didn’t like the gift! I knew you were expecting that watch! (cue more tears)

He begins to LAUGH.

Him: Babe, it’s not what you think.
Me: What? No! You got cologne! Why would you get another one? You didn’t like my gift!

He’s really laughing now, and amidst my crying, I crack a smile too, but not too much, I want to show him I’m upset, but not really.

Him: Honey, of course I liked your gift! But trust me, it’s nothing! It’s not what you think!
Me: Ok, so then tell me what it is!

I get up. I head towards the dresser. I’m thinking he got me another Christmas gift. He stops me.

Him: Babe, c’mon! It’s nothing!! (laughing)
Me: No! What is it?? (laughing too)

He tries to hold me back lightly, with kisses here and there, and laughs, mixed with my tears. I slip past him, and get to the dresser, open it, start rummaging through it.

Him: Babe…(laughing)

Looking, looking. I find nada. I turn around.

Me: Ok. Forget it. I give up.

I head back towards the bedroom, sit on the bed, begin folding clothes again.

Him: Babe…
Me: No, no, forget it (laughing) I don’t wanna know. It’s ok. (look up at him and smile)

He, walks over, looks into my eyes, grabs my face and says…

Him: Honey, you know I love you, right?
Me: Of course.
Him: You know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you, right?
Me: Of course (smiling, and getting teary eyed again; feel that something special inside tingling)
Him: Jo, will you marry me?
Me: Of course!! But… what is this? I was talking about a cologne? What’s going on??
Him: (chuckles) Don’t worry babe, it’s not a cologne. Wait… was that a yes?
Me: Huh? Yes!! I mean yes! YES I want to marry you! (eyes streaming down my face...again!)
Him: Ok, hang on!

He heads to the dresser, takes something out, walks back in the bedroom with his hand behind him…

Me: No. No. (I cover my face, crying hysterically, overcome with emotion) Oh-my-God- Oh-my-God- Oh-my-God- OH-MY GOD!!!!! NO WAY! NO!! NO WAY YOU HAVE THE RING!!!

He walks towards me, smiling, eyes welling up with tears, gets on one knee, while I cover my face and begin to cry, and he says…

Him: Jo, will you be my wife? (tears streaming down his face)
Me: YES! YES! Oh my GOD! YES!!

It was BEAUTIFUL, romantic, sweet, just perfect!! Again, sorry for this being so long!!! :(( But I had to share! It was just the most amazing feeling and experience I've EVER had in my life :bigsmile: We're both just so happy, and I'm STILL elated, in shock and just HAPPY!! :D Oh, and for those of you wondering, the sister just wanted to borrow some money :lol:

bebe0912

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!! :love: your ring!!!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
That is SO sweet! I had a few tears by the end myself. Congratulations!!!!

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
Ok I am fighting back the tears as I type....That was so incredibly sweet!!! And your ring is so elegant & beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :appl:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! That is soooo fun and romantic! :appl:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! love the story :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay!! Pics soon!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
oh geez. you got me crying and i was on here to lurk and sulk. lol. thanks - you seriously got a keeper. I love that look the get when they are laughing and trying to hide something. :)

DolceJo

Rough_Rock
Aww thank you ladies!! <3 You're all so sweet! I was so shocked (and still am) whenever I think about it and look down at my hand. I was that girl that thought "it's never going to happen to me", but the proposal, the ring, and the fiance are perfect in every way. When I told my friends they started choking up too lol :lol: It's all so exciting :bigsmile:

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
First, congratulations. Second, I have to ask, why would you cry if his sister got him cologne? I really don't understand why you would think that he did not like his gift if his sister got him one too. You know because most people have more then one cologne, so I don't really get why you would cry. Did you feel like it made your gift less valid less special or was the crying thing a joke?

Diamond.Lover

Rough_Rock
I don't believe she was crying because his sister got him cologne, whether it was the same cologne or a different one. I think she was crying because she thought he didn't like her gift, and she felt she should have gotten him something else, the watch.

Honestly, I don't see why it matters. I'm pretty sure she wrote that part simply to show how the proposal came to happen, not for people to pick it or her apart.

By the way, congrats on your proposal. It sounds very sweet!

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
Diamond.Lover|1295938374|2832331 said:
I don't believe she was crying because his sister got him cologne, whether it was the same cologne or a different one. I think she was crying because she thought he didn't like her gift, and she felt she should have gotten him something else, the watch.

Honestly, I don't see why it matters. I'm pretty sure she wrote that part simply to show how the proposal came to happen, not for people to pick it or her apart.

It seems like you are suggesting that I am picking her apart for asking why she was so upset or if she was just joking around. What I did was state that I was confused, explained my thought process and then asked for clarification. I see nothing wrong with that.

Once again OP, congratulations on your engagement. I hope that you're not bothered by my confusion.

DolceJo

Rough_Rock
SomethingSinful|1295935029|2832302 said:
First, congratulations. Second, I have to ask, why would you cry if his sister got him cologne? I really don't understand why you would think that he did not like his gift if his sister got him one too. You know because most people have more then one cologne, so I don't really get why you would cry. Did you feel like it made your gift less valid less special or was the crying thing a joke?

Thanks for the well wishes! :)) And nothing wrong with questions. After all, it's a forum, sometimes things can be misinterpreted, so it's all good! ;))

To answer your question SS, there are two different versions of the proposal, his and mine LOL :lol: I forgot I had been on PS browsing and seeing the Christmas/Holiday proposals (AFTER his sister had left) and I began crying because I had mentioned to my fiancée how I wanted to have a 2010 proposal (silly I know!). Seeing all these proposals, made me sad, and teary eyed because the year was almost over!! So he started laughing at me (because he had the ring!!! Sneaky guy!! Haha!), I got upset, and being the emotional one I am, I brought up the cologne thing, because I thought he didn't like the gift since he did want a fancy watch, and began crying more haha, and then the rest happened LOL... but I was just being silly though (we're both jokesters!) :lol: I was however, COMPLETELY shocked! I had no idea he had the ring!! Like I said, it really was just perfect :bigsmile:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Dolce :appl: enjoy your gorgeous ring :love: :cheeky:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Dolce :appl: enjoy your gorgeous ring :love: :cheeky:

Diamond.Lover

Rough_Rock
SomethingSinful|1295943291|2832354 said:

It seems like you are suggesting that I am picking her apart for asking why she was so upset or if she was just joking around. What I did was state that I was confused, explained my thought process and then asked for clarification. I see nothing wrong with that.

Once again OP, congratulations on your engagement. I hope that you're not bothered by my confusion.

Perhaps I should have left off the "or her" portion of my sentence; then you would have just focused on the "pick it apart" (proposal) . I personally see it (the crying) as a small portion of the story and not a reason to ask questions as to why she did what she did. If a friend, or anyone for that matter, told me that they did something similar, while telling me about their proposal, my focus would be on the whole point of the story.... the proposal.

I guess some people are more inquisitive or just need more in-depth information than me. No big deal.

DolceJo

Rough_Rock
Diamond.Lover|1296014579|2833225 said:
Perhaps I should have left off the "or her" portion of my sentence; then you would have just focused on the "pick it apart" (proposal) . I personally see it (the crying) as a small portion of the story and not a reason to ask questions as to why she did what she did. If a friend, or anyone for that matter, told me that they did something similar, while telling me about their proposal, my focus would be on the whole point of the story.... the proposal.

I guess some people are more inquisitive or just need more in-depth information than me. No big deal.

Actually, some of my friends started laughing when I told them I was crying over the cologne and asked why LOL :lol: But then by the end they were tearing up too and saying "Awww!" 8) I just think it's the way I wrote out the entire proposal (in dialouge form) that leads to questions being asked, as opposed to having paragraphs of thoughts and emotions written out :))

Diamond.Lover

Rough_Rock
DolceJo|1296015948|2833244 said:
Diamond.Lover|1296014579|2833225 said:

Actually, some of my friends started laughing when I told them I was crying over the cologne and asked why LOL :lol: But then by the end they were tearing up too and saying "Awww!" 8) I just think it's the way I wrote out the entire proposal (in dialouge form) that leads to questions being asked, as opposed to having paragraphs of thoughts and emotions written out :))

I can see why they would tear up, it's a very sweet proposal.

CushionCutie

Rough_Rock
omg I teared up reading this!! Congratulations!!!! You two are an amazing couple and I wish you lots of happiness!! <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results