shape
carat
color
clarity

How hard would it be to make these earrings +

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
With old cuts? It looks like a pretty standard setting imo. Tia! Screenshot_20231228_111839_Chrome.jpg

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
With old cuts? It looks like a pretty standard setting imo. Tia! Screenshot_20231228_111839_Chrome.jpg

The setting would be fairly simple and I would turn to my trusted David Klass to make them. Probably the most difficult challenge would be to find 6 old cuts similar in size, color and level of wonkiness. This could be a fun challenge though!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nowhere near the price of the mass-market version. The articulation/hinge at the bottom adds some complexity. Also not the best way to show off OMC/OEC, imo. If not a ring, I would thing a pendant would be better.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
@LilAlex very interesting, so you think just round brilliant would look better? Those would be so much easier to source.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The challenge would be to find LGDs in old cuts in small sizes, good luck!

DK :))

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LilAlex very interesting, so you think just round brilliant would look better? Those would be so much easier to source.

I don't think I'm saying that -- just that it may not be the best context for showcasing the unique beauty of old cuts -- at least two of them are pointing down all the time -- and it may make for harder-to-craft earrings. (I do not know this for a fact and I am not an earring wearer!)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If a precast semi mount exists for this earring - I think using OEC cuts would be tricky (not impossible) for the setter to make look nice and may be a bit of trial and error.

I don’t think old cuts (if that’s what one wanted) would be less appreciated (unless it’s the see upon yourself ring vs earring) in an earring with curvature.
Example:
IMG_4060.jpeg

But understand it’s opinion, and they differ.

As being hard to find - I think harder than modern, yes. But how harder in old cuts will depend on the parameters one sets.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I’d reach out to fancycolor_diamonds on instagram and see what they could do. They have a lot of diamonds cut into vintage patterns and could make a suite for you. For true antiques, maybe Ivy and Rose. And if you were open to lab diamonds, Grown Brilliance stocks this in a brilliant cut. Undetermined if they could source old cut labs for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results