shape
carat
color
clarity

How good is this diamond....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chris

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Can someone please tell me how good the cut of this diamond and how much should I pay for this?1.07 carats round brilliant with GIA report
measurements- 6.57*6.61*4.07
depth- 61.8%
table- 61%
girdle- thin to medium, faceted
culet- very small
polish- very good
symmetry- good
clarity grade- vvs1
color grade- G
fluorescence- medium blueWhich has the best cut? Eight star or ideal cut?Thank You.
Chris

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The Eightstar is cut for ideal *optical* symmetry and thus *may* not have *excellent* symmetry per GIA. Mine is listed as *very good* symmetry and polish. If it were graded similarly by AGS it would not be an AGS 000. But it is an Eightstar which means it is cut for no light leakage. As has been argued many times, that does not make it necessarily the *best*. As stated above some prefer H&A or straight AGS ideal. Eightstars and H&A's are among the best cuts available.The Rodentman

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
This diamond wouldn't score better than 4 (not better than good) on HCA.It doesn't mean that you shouldn't consider it for purchase if you like it and the price is right.Eight Star diamonds are cut for special optical performance and some people like its special look. Other folks prefer other types of Hearts and Arrows or just ideal cut diamonds. You should look at different diamonds and decide for yourself what is the best for you.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
8* is almost always rated as AGS 0 ideal cut.
The AGS ideal includes some poor looking stones that only blind people would call 'ideal'.
you might like to read the tutoriaal on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results