color
clarity

How GIA grades color in colorless vs. fancy colored diamonds

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: How GIA grades color in colorless vs. fancy colored diam

kenny said:
Do you have any idea why GIA did not include the unmodified color green in the main chart?

The booklet was an accompaniment to the "Colored Diamonds" compilation of articles. Each of the articles was about grading a particular color range and the charts are those which were published with the original articles. Since G&G has never published an article about color grading of green diamonds there were no charts to include.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks John. You rock! :wavey:

I'm particularly interested in reading how GIA's verifies green diamonds have color that is of natural origin because I'm getting that little greenie in my avatar.
It's been submitted twice to GIA and both times the color origin came back as natural.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade

kenny said:
Thanks John. You rock! :wavey:

I'm particularly interested in reading about GIA's process of verifying green diamonds have color of natural origin because I'm buying that little greenie in my avatar. It's been submitted twice to GIA and both times came back as natural.

Fantastic - what a rare beauty. Congratulations!

Considering how tenacious you are, I'll pass along this link to keep in your pocket.
http://orionconsole.com/dsgs/index.php

Branko is widely considered one of the world's best on this subject.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks John I appreciate that.
Would you say GIA stating that the green color in a diamond is of natural origin leaves any room for doubt?

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade

kenny said:
Thanks John I appreciate that.
Would you say GIA stating that the green color in a diamond is of natural origin leaves any room for doubt?

No. And it's the pedigree of highest authority. Compulsory for such a diamond, I'd say. I passed-on on the link in case you ever need or want private-boutique services of that caliber.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results