shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this stone look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

billv45

Rough_Rock
I''ve read the thread on Gemhunt but their feedback on Ebay is actually quite good. Here''s the stone I''m looking at:

EGL Report: 73284301D
Date: 2/20/2003
Weight: 1.52 Carats
Shape and Cut: Heart Shaped
Color Grade: I
Clarity Grade: I1
Measurements: 7.10 x 7.50 x 5.03 mm
Depth: 67.1%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Thin to Extremely Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: Faint Blue

gemimg1.jpg

billv45

Rough_Rock
Here's a better shot of the inclusion.

gemimg2.jpg

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Not one that I'd be interested in, unless the price was a real bargain. That thing looks pretty darned included, though that's a lousy picture (too many background reflections to really evaluate it).

billv45

Rough_Rock
I'm a little surprised to hear that this is a bad picture. I thought it was pretty good but I'm just a novice and that's why I'm here. A heart felt thanks to everyone! That is a pretty knarly feather under the table but what would be considered a real bargain?

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
I'm a little surprised to hear that this is a bad picture. I thought it was pretty good but I'm just a novice and that's why I'm here. A heart felt thanks to everyone! That is a pretty knarly feather under the table but what would be considered a real bargain?
----------------

Gemstones are very hard to photograph correctly. In this shot, part of the stone is out of focus, and the lighting is very poor. The environment was not set up right--there are so many reflections of the surrounding area that's hard to know what's what.

As to the value, you'll have to ask the vendors and appraisers.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Billy45-Hey AGain! I notice that from your previous post your interest seems to be in stones of the fancy shaped variety. You know if your interested in a heart shaped diamond with certain characteristics to fit your budget there are many reputable vendors online and you can read about many of their service transactions and testomonials through this site. If you have a limited budget and want a heart shaped diamond why not check out one of the vendors you see being raved about on the forum. If your looking for flea market prices you won't find them because reputable dealers have the credentials to back their stones up and you will be better off paying a reasonable market price for the stone your in the market for rather than one in which might be misrepresented. Maybe I'm wrong all together in what your in search for, but just some advice if your in the market for a heart shaped stone.......or any diamond for that metter....

See Ya-
Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
16.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if those pics put the stone's best foot forward? It seems to be riddled with easily eye-visible nicks, pocks, and specs (note: not official diamond grading terminology). Buying an I or SI sight unseen would scare me to death unless I had a dependable set of eyes at the other end of the net.

Have fun with it but be careful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results